Zac Efron to star in Full Metal Panic! remake?

...Come on, guys. I hate him in HSM, but he was only in one role. ONE ROLE. I'm pretty surprised he's going for an anime adaptation. But don't judge until you actually see him, because unlike Ashley Tisdale, who's been in multiple roles and been ****, Zac hardly been in any.

Who knows, he might turn out good?

Chrono Mizaki said:
...Come on, guys. I hate him in HSM, but he was only in one role. ONE ROLE. I'm pretty surprised he's going for an anime adaptation. But don't judge until you actually see him, because unlike Ashley Tisdale, who's been in multiple roles and been ****, Zac hardly been in any.

Who knows, he might turn out good?

I think the problem is that so far we've only got that to judge him on and 17 again. Now yes he could be a good actor, i won't disagree there, but from what i can tell, he doesn't seem the best choice for Sousuke, if that goes through. If he does get into the adaptation, i won't be so bothered if he got the role o Kurz. However, everything is up in the air at present as its only just been announced, so we'll wait and see.

A film in the serious vein of TSR has a decent chance of being successful, but it'll be a complete and utter failure if they attempt to recreate the slapstick elements of the series'.

I guess it's going to be something like transformers and they just stick all the action together with a shortened down story line and some of the comedy.

Jayme said:
megagold5 said:
but I don't think I can bring my self to see ANYTHING with him in...
You mean you haven't seen Firefly? Blasphemy!

I did not know this...and looking at IMDB it appears he's been in a few other things besides HSM, and i'm sure i saw that ep of NCIS he was in a few days ago.

I try to be positive every time I hear about a Hollywood remake of an anime, but this is really something else. Ironically I always thought to myself 'at least FMP will never get a US remake' - how wrong was I.

I hope it remains safely in pre-production hell for all eternity. :evil:

EDIT: That said, some money should filter back to that 3rd season of FMP we're due. Plus, even if it does suck (which it will), at least it will be forgetable and ultimately have no bearing on the FMP! I know.

RetroRainbow said:
<<< My face when I read that on ANN.

24kwqyx.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

It won't happen. Why? Just look at what anime were supposedly getting an American live action adaptation but we've heard nothing for months.
Hokum said:
I dont mind him being in it, he was fine in Hairspray, but he isnt Sousuke. What i have a big issue with is that hollywood always sets stuff in america. I dont think akira would work in america.

I would put money on Sousuke not being Japanese in this. Chidori, would be fine, as i think she is from new york in the books.
Chidori's family is still Japanese, and so is she.

Please tell me this is a piss take.

Zac 'I have no talent what-so ever' Efron.

Christ, are they trying to pull an Uwe Boll and make it tank on purpose.

Maybe as Kurz - although that would still be a **** bit of casting - but no way in the fetid bowls of hells toilet is he even close to being ok for Souske.

I see what's going on here...Its a late April fools joke, I mean I was worried at first but I see what they are doing here aha, they wouldn't really put me through this would they...Would they!? :eek:

Kind of does show you how BAD rumours can be, since Efron is "suppose" to be playing Light in a deathnote americanised remake ¬_¬;. But you have to admit that even if those rumours would be serious, you would have to find it the slightest bit funny to see how they woudl ruin yet another series by casting Ef-douche of all actors :p

...why don't we all shut up and watch 17 Again? That way, we can judge if Zac has improved...

...or he's **** as he has been in HSM. People who think Zac is **** hasn't really seen him past HSM or doesn't want t. It's a bit ignorant, I mean, look at Leonardo De Caprio. He was a **** actor (to me, anyway), but he's improved a lot since he dropped the romance roles.

Back