Your viewing journal

Aria the Scarlett Ammo 4

Wasn't hoping for much but this episode completely blind-sided me. Certainly going to keep watching. No doubt.

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko 4

Really enjoying this series - animation is slick and I'm a massive fan of the voice acting and narrrative. Continues to develop.

A-Channel 5

Officially a pleasent slice of life watch. Nothing massively impressive and I'm still not too sure on the insert songs which appear half-way through each ep, but the humour is consistent if a little tepid. Still watching!

animefreak17 said:
devilrules666 said:
Just finished Dai Gurad! Really ok stuff not amazing but watchable all the same!
got that and yeah its good but not amazing

I watched that a few years ago and thought it was very average and actually had me very worried about Gundam 00.

Today:

Armored Trooper VOTOMS Finder.

An interesting expansion to the VOTOMS universe even if it is a rather short one, hopefully we'll see a bit more of this in the near future.

Genkina Hito said:
The Epic Tale of Rio - Rainbow Bridge.

Wow. This anime is bad.
But... it's designed to be bad. The question is were you entertained by the bad?

(This is assuming you meant "Rainbow Gate")

Sket Dance ep3

I kind of want to hate this, but it's actually quite watchable. I'd look on it a lot more kindly if the leader didn't resemble some sort of futuristic Dennis the Menace.

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Strangely, I enjoyed it more this second time through than I did the first time round. Seeing it again also changed my mind on Hosoda's recent output; having seen both twice now, I think I prefer this to Summer Wars.

[C] ep 2 - OK, this show is actually pretty sick. Mashu is pretty much a broken tier character, sexy design, voiced by Tomatsu Haruka, "clever" name kanji. Masakaki is also a great balance of hilarious and disturbing. Very interested to see what sort of dilemmas it starts to throw up for Kimimaro.

edit: oh yeah, Softenni ep 1 - Deceptively entertaining show, can't really fault (HO HO HO) things like the Ashita no Joe reference, and also ace (HO HO HO) characters like Kurusu. These are no backhanded (HO HO HO) compliments. I also think this show might allow for some tennis-related puns in viewing journal posts about it.

I've just started watching Gurren Lagann again, mainly because I am planning to write an article for a comedy website I work for about comedy in foreign languages.

Back