Your viewing journal

Lupin III: Part 3 ep01

After the announcement of a possible new series put me in the notion, I thought I'd have another crack at the much maligned pink jacket season.

First impressions are not too promising. I managed to find a better translation than the common HK bootleg version (annoyingly nothing to say who the group is), so the dialogue flows reasonably well, but the story still feels pretty daft. The art is oddly bloated compared to more or less every other version of Lupin and there's a much more slapstick approach to the action. It starts well enough, but Lupin's plan to rescue Fujiko (airhead mode, captured and loses clothes before the ad-break) is needlessly over complicated and the gadgets feel rather contrived in that 'shark-repellant bat-spray' kind of a fashion.

Still, I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt for the time being. There is a definite feeling that the episode was trying to reintroduce all the characters, so hopefully things might improve now that's out of the way. Norio Wakamoto was a welcome addition as a thug bearing a curious resemblance to Spike Spiegel and I'm vaguely intrigued by the decision to make it a two-parter - not something I've ever seen in Lupin before.

Super Robot Wars OG: The Inspector - Episode 14

Time to pick this back up and finish it. I had sort of forgotten just how much I liked this series.

Orgun said:

Time to pick this back up and finish it. I had sort of forgotten just how much I liked this series.
u mean to tell me these a crossover anime and itsSuper Robot Wars dame

animefreak17 said:
Orgun said:

Nope it's an anime of Super Robot Wars Original Generation, the one they made without any crossover so it could actualy be sold outside Japan. Which still can't be sold outside Japan due to the copyright problems with Macross.

Reaper gI said:
animefreak17 said:
Orgun said:

Nope it's an anime of Super Robot Wars Original Generation, the one they made without any crossover so it could actualy be sold outside Japan. Which still can't be sold outside Japan due to the copyright problems with Macross.
dame that a shame the only crossovers were ever going to get are ether fan made like naruto vs ichigo (which i gotta say is pretty good ) and in computer games and fanmade stories

Lawrence said:
animefreak17 said:
Reaper gI said:
animefreak17 said:
Orgun said:

dame that a shame the only crossovers were ever going to get are ether fan made like naruto vs ichigo (which i gotta say is pretty good ) and in computer games and fanmade stories

Well there was that cross over One piece x Dragonball chapter
one piece and dragonball z crossover .............. lol goku vs luffy round 1 fight 3 seconds goku wins. a villain is in gokus world do luffy and goku team up ........ no goku wins in 5 seconds lol

Reaper gI said:
animefreak17 said:
Orgun said:

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k- ... bot+taisen

ilmaestro said:
Reaper gI said:
animefreak17 said:
Orgun said:

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k- ... bot+taisen

I apoligise only half of OG didn't get English release, US got the two GBA games but not the PS2 games.
OG Saga is regarded as another spin off again, due to the gameplay.

Lawrence said:
Jaymii said:
animefreak17 said:
thanks a bunch dude but im not sure there is a anime crossover of any anime
Wasn't there a JUMP Festa video somewhere of this?

Nope, it would have sold bloody well had it had one though.
i heard that a new super robot war is coming out on ps3 but sadly not in the uk. man i bet super robot wars would of been a million times better that a dame remake of dragonball z, do they think were one trick ponys and only know dragonball z. to be honest i would buy super robot wars on the ps3 at least the story is different each time. i just wish it had gurren largann in it.

(re-watch)Monster-51-74,thats the fifth time i,ve watched Monster and it still blows me away each time,one of those classic shows that you pick up on different clues and little things you did not pick up before,a work of pure genius and class.

Back