Your viewing journal

Millenium Actress, very good.

After watching Perfect Blue, Paprika and Millenium Actress over the past few weeks, I think I am a Satoshi Kon fan now :D

Finally finished watching Haruhi. Mightly impressed if highly confused what with the skipping of time, when i get some spare time ill need to watch it in chronological order. It was a interesting choice to make but i feel like it took the tension out of some episodes, you could never really grasp onto the series.

Well over the last week or so I've watched (Via Funimations Website):-

Black Blood Brothers (Eps 1 & 2) - Thought it was Decent and might check it out if it gets released over here. Although if it didn't I wouldn't be that bothered.

Solty Rei (Eps 1 & 2) - Thought this was good and would like to see more of it.

However I saved the best for last

Mushi-Shi (Ep 2) - I really didn't wanna see this, just seemed very strange but since the 1st Ep was available on the site, I thought I'd see what it was all about, after all on ANN the majority have voted it masterpiece.

I wasn't disappointed. Think I'll be purchasing this once the whole series is released. It was really good :D

Gotta say I love the fact that funimation allow you to watch an ep or 2, fantastic idea and especially for me as its Dubbed. But the best thing is that we in the UK can access it too, that really bugs me when you can't, for example the US Manga Ent. site, can't watch owt on that :evil:

Just finished the first episode of Kure-nai And i have to say it was quite good actually. Nice easy going first episode in my opinion and the music was good as well, the opening and closing where different but good none the less. It reminded me a little of Seirei no Moribito with the idea of the lead role acting as a bodyguard to someone of the royal family, or in this case, someone from a rich background.

Samurai 7 ep 2

Caught bits and pieces of this series whilst i was watching animax a couple months back and it peaked my interest - not disappointed so far.

Samurai you say? There's 7? And one's a robot?! Count me in!!!

Finished Moon Phase vol. 2

It's an enjoyable series so far, something I should've collected a while back, but at least I saved a lot getting the recent boxset.

Watched episode 3 of Geass R2, its starting to shape up nicely, though the only wee problem is that it feels a tad similar to season 1. Though the end kind of changed that.
Also now up to episode 3 of Kurenai, its really enjoyable and again does remind me of Seirei no Moribito. I'm looking forward to continuing with it.
Spice and Wolf 1 as well, too early to say much but it looks to be interesting.

Ragnarok Volume 3. Not a bad series as it was based on a game.

Tweeny Witches Volume 1. Really enjoyed this, even though it is obviously aimed at early teen girls. Story so far is pretty good and the animation is lovely to watch.

Back