Your viewing journal

Been mopping-up and finishing a few series I started about a year ago -
Chobits
Tenjou Tenge
Mid way into ‘mopping-up’ Gunslinger Girl & GITS-1st-Gig.

Aside from the cleaning, been getting into Honey & Clover (ep.14 or so)...liking it...just can't decide quite how much yet.
Seems to drift around seemingly aimlessly at times, but then every now and then you get these flashes of introspection and insights into the relationships between characters – reminds me a little of Fruits Basket in that way.

Hagu-chan is impossibly cute - she’s supposed to be 18 but looks and behaves more like an 8 year old. That’s all I can think to say right now.

Full Metal Panic 6/8 - Good episodes, nice action and the high school drama is pretty funny and hopefully there will be more of it. Hasn't exceeded my expectations, but i knew what i was in for anyway.

Cardcaptor Saura - Eps 30 onwards. Damn this series is far too more-ish - episodic but the character development is built upon ever so delicately each episode.

GITS SAC 1st GIG - On Disc....4 now. As good as i remembered it, gotta love the second viewing, i swear its better the second time round.

Serial Experiments Lain - Another 2nd viewing (trying to save up to go to Zambia really hurts the anime budget) and as with GITS even better the second time round, picking up on so much more this time. 1st Disc is neeeearly finished.

stealth40k said:
Gantz - 01-26

The... whole... series... :eek:

Anyway, it's so late.. or early now, just finished the penultimate arc of Juuni Kokki (The Twelve Kingdoms). I didn't think I would actually finish the entire thing tonight, but I did, I just couldn't go to sleep wondering what was going to happen next!!. Anyway, that includes Chapter's 29 to 39 of the 'A Thousand Miles of Wind, The Sky of Dawn' arc. Only six episodes left of the series : (.
I could write forever on Juuni Kokki, but I really want to go to sleep so I'll just say again how I recommend this series to anyone, it's a genre of its own. The character development is phenomenal, the story is phenomenal, everything about it is phenomenal. I need more of it!!
Apparently the ending was rushed, and it was planned for another season, or something... That next season better show itself sometime : x.

Anyway, oyasuminasai, or ohayo!

thekendyman said:
Lupus Inu said:
stealth40k said:
Gantz - 01-26
Wow, what a waste of time. >_>

Not really a waste but it is slightly disturbing that he watched all of it in 1 sitting. Its not like Cowboy bebop, Outlaw star or any of those series that you can comfortable watch from start to finish

I couldnt watch Cowboy Bebop in one sitting took me ages to finally finish it, havent watched an entire series in a day since i first started watching anime, just couldnt stop watching it, even though it did frustrate me at times

Liquid Skin said:
GITS SAC 1st GIG - On Disc....4 now. As good as i remembered it, gotta love the second viewing, i swear its better the second time round.
I'm still on my first way into it, and also first read of the manga too.
It's not had any major wow-factor on me as yet but I do get the feeling it slowly builds on you the more of it you watch and get into it.
Maybe a second viewing will be in order - might catch a bit more of the stream of techno-babble that way!

I finished off Juuni Kokki (The Twelve Kingdoms) last night.
That includes the random episode "Ally of the Moon" (episode 40), and the whole of the 'Sea God of the East, Azure Sea of the West' arc (all 4 Chapters and the Review episode)(episode's 41 to 45).
Well, it wasn't really an ending at all. Nothing was tied up. I wonder if the last 23 episodes of the series will ever be put into production :/. It needs it badly.
I then proceeded to watch X episode 0. It was fantastic, of course it would be. However, the encoding was appauling, so I'm looking into this now because it's just not right :/. Not all DVDs I put into my computer are the same horrible quality, so I don't know what's up. I did notice the encoding got better for Juuni Kokki about half way through though, the title suddenly stopped being fuzzy. All DVDs seem to look washed out though :/.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
I suggest you just stop buying DVD's then.

I can get most anime on fansub, but buying the product supports the industry, I won't ever stop buying DVDs :/.
I'm just going to have to find out what the problem with them is.

Full Metal Panic 9/24 - Over the last two days i've went on a marathon FMP binge and i enjoyed it alot. While this will never be a masterpeice it was fun, charming and the action was good to watch. FMP will never be deep or have the tension of a great action series but you don't watch a series like this for that.

The animation was solid although the CG scenes with the submarine did feel a bit lacking, i didn't mind that they were in CG but just compared to the actual animation the detail was lacking. The character designs were also what i expected. I like the soundtrack and the opening was very catchy.

To me it felt like an action movie, great fun. I can't wait to watch the sequels. One thing that is bothering me is that i don't have any feeling of "well i'm not going to see that again" usually for any show i've seen and enjoyed i usually get that feeling but i think because i watched it in one big haul i don't. Will have to stop that.

Back