Your viewing journal

Revenger Ep 2. Still excellent, still probably my favorite of the season. Looking forward to more.

This was indeed really good!

My Life as Inukai-san's Dog Ep 2. Pretty meh series, will most likely drop this one, will give it one more episode.

It's degenerate trash and my 10 star rating before was a joke that no one commented on! :D

Still, it's short episodes and I have real low expectations, so I shall continue.

NieR: Automata Ver1.1a Episode 2 This just isn't appealing to me at all. (Dropped)

I genuinely thought Episode 2 was a big improvement over Episode 1 in a lot of ways (it's too early to say redeemed 2 episodes in), but it's not going to be for everyone as a series, and I'm not sure how I'd feel about it if I knew nothing about the game as an anime only.

Summer Time Rendering eps 7-9

This was mostly an excellent series, I just loved the small town aesthetic and the art work they used is really good. I'll spoiler some more comments once you reach the end to avoid ruining anything for you.

BLUE LOCK (Japanese audio) - Episode 14
BLUE LOCK: Additional Time (Japanese audio) - Episode 14
My Hero Academia Season 6 (Japanese audio) - Episode 15
Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun Season 3 (Japanese audio) - Episode 14

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 283 Ring.

By the Grace of the Gods 2nd Season episode 14 Katana.

Handyman Saitou in Another World episode 2 Meat and mending.

In/Spectre Season 2 episode 14 Reliance.

Ippon Again! episode 2 First win reminiscing.

One Piece episode 1047 Wrath of a dragon.

To Your Eternity 2nd Season episode 12 Wish.

Shaman King (2021) episodes 23-41

Beast Tamer (English Dub) Episode 1-13 (Complete)

My Hero Academia Season 6 (English Dub) Episode 1-13

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun 3rd Season (English Dub) Episode 45 - 56

By the Grace of the Gods 2nd Season Episode 14

Handyman Saitou in Another World Episode 2

In/Spectre Season 2 Episode 14

Ippon Again! Episode 2

Muv Luv Alternative - Episodes 21 - 24 [Final]

A bit of a clumsy final few episodes but on the whole it was a lot better than I was expecting it to be.

Star Dust (1992 OVA)

There is finally a fansub of this, so instantly watched it and like most of the these kinda 'lost' anime it's hyped because it's never been available, it's nothing special, just 32 minutes of sci-fi action anime, cool 90's designs though :).

Powered Armor Dorvack - Episodes 1 & 2

I watched this raw years and years ago and having seen @HWR watch this recently, thought I would get that Blu-ray that I've had for ages out and watch with subtitles.

Golden Time episodes 13-24: continuing with the soap opera themes, lots of confusion and romantic misunderstandings, plus plenty of public shouting matches (obviously this is where I was going wrong with my love life as a teenager). Just found out it's been rereleased in the US with an English dub, but at £80-100, I think I'll stick with the version I have.

Summer Time Rendering eps 10-12
And the horror/mystery conventions (and some anime tropes thrown in) keep coming: creepy abandoned hospital hides secret door to secret tunnels to secret caves that are part of the folklore of the island, human turncoats because of a "pact with the devil", big bad is the god of the island, the turncoat shadow maybe of equal power to the big bad and our hero has the power of a god he hasn't truly unlocked yet and is pulling some sort of Dr. Strange reading of the multiple choices by "rendering" different scenarios! At this point I'm just writing it all down to help me keep track of what's going on!

Giant Beasts of Ars ep 2
Reluctant hero.

Ippon Again ep 2
Life is a battlefield.

The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten ep 2
I like a good romance anime, but everything about this is a bit stiff and definitely a slow burn. Probably only get to holding hands by the end of the season!

NieR: Automata Ver1.1a ep 2
Self awareness.
Most of this episode felt like a short which did nothing to advance the plot. There's nearly always one short in those anthologies were a robot wonders around the post apocalypse, either with self awareness achieved or accomplishes it!

Vinland Saga s2 e2
Reality hits home.

The Last of Us ep 1
Pretty decent retelling of the prologue section up to the reveal of Ellies condition. Really liked the opening which gives an explanation of how the infection could work, I assume it still couldn't really happen, but it was quite chilling. The only thing I would have liked to see was some spores in action, they cut the bit where they went through an area full of spores.

Malevolent Spirits: Monogatari episode 2 Straightforward.

The Vampire Dies in No Time Season 2 episode 14 Exposed and engrossed.

Vinland Saga Season 2 episode 26 Farming friends.

Shaman King (2021) episodes 42-52 (Complete. This adaptation, as noted by other viewers, does indeed feel a bit rushed at times - especially at the start, though from a story perspective I enjoyed the overall proceedings despite some story beats feeling familiar at times.) 3.5/5

She Professed Herself Pupil of the Wise Man
episodes 1-2

Last edited:
BLEACH: Thousand-Year Blood War (English Dub) Episode 377

Malevolent Spirits: Monogatari Episode 2

Reborn to Master the Blade: From Hero-King to Extraordinary Squire Episode 2

Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 26

Summer Time Rendering eps 13-15
I think the addition of new elements are just about over, apart from the big bad also resets when our MC dies. Talking of that element, it's done in a much better way than a certain over rated show, Re:ZERO I'm looking at you, the fact that he doesn't go back to the same "save point" every time and that it's limited adds so much more tension!

Kubo Won't Let Me Be Invisible ep 2
Scent from heaven.
This is going to be another slow burn romance and is only slightly less stiff than Angel, mainly due to the female MCs sense of humour, and it Hana Kanazawa!

Malevolent Spirits: Mononogatari ep 2
Seeking approval.

Tokyo Revengers s2 e2
New acquaintance.

Campfire Cooking in Another World with My Absurd Skills episode 2 Entry fee.

She Professed Herself Pupil of the Wise Man episodes 3-12 (Complete. I passed on this series when it initially aired around this time last year and despite the sorry not being anything too special I did have fun watching it.) 3/5

Sherlock Hound
episodes 1-4

Last edited:
I just can't keep up with all these shows this season...

Sugar Apple Fairy Tale episode 2
Chillin' in My 30s After Getting Fired From the Demon King's Army episode 2
The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten episode 2
Buddy Daddies episode 2
The Reincarnation of the Strongest Exorcist in Another World episode 2
The Tale of Outcasts episode 2
Trigun Stampede episode 2

I am also showing Buddie Daddies to my mother since it's similar to Spy x Family, which she loved, and I think she's loving this one too. She also wants to start watching Suger Apple Fairy Tale, The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten, The Ice Guy And His Cool Female Colleague, and maybe even Tomo-Chan is a Girl! We just finished up the last few episodes of More than a Married Couple and Bibliophile Princess from last season.

Lupin Zero ep4-6 [end]

It might have benefitted from being 10-12 episodes instead of 6, I think giving Lupin and Jigen more screentime to bond as friends would have made their partnership more believable, but on the whole this was pretty solid, and I feel it’s a shame that I’ve seen so few people say they watched it. I think a sequel is unlikely, but I’ll be interested to see what they do next with the franchise; this feels like they’re testing the waters to see how feasible it is to sell Lupin to a different audience.

Nier Automata ep1

I could live with the shonky CGI work if the scenes using it were better directed - the opening part with the aerial battle felt almost comically static. Did like the little post-credit scene with the puppets though, that was cute.

Armitage III (1995) OVA 1

One of my friends went on a cyberpunk media binge recently and mentioned this as something he’d enjoyed, so figured I’d give it a shot. I’d seen bits of this years ago, but other than the design for Armitage herself, it didn’t leave much impression on me. Coming back to it now, it amuses me to see that this was a writing credit for Chiaki J. Konaka, it certainly seems to be touching on a lot of the same themes and motifs as Parasite Dolls, albeit with a bit more levity here. That aside, I don’t have much else to say about it at the moment - it’s a decent romp that captures that 90s cyberpunk b-movie vibe well, but I don’t think it’s bringing much to the table we haven’t seen before.

Back