Your viewing journal

Campfire Cooking in Another World With My Absurd Skill ep1: Another not-entirely-terrible isekai show, with an unapologetically silly story about the lead having the ability to order whatever he likes online from fantasy 7-Eleven at will. It's all copy-paste material, from the giant wolf to the summon-then-dismiss-the-hero opener to the lead's chronic ability to resolve simple misunderstandings through conversation, and it's disconcerting that the isekai aspect is as pointless as usual (the plot would work just as well if he was natively from the fantasy world since nothing about his old life is relevant other than his familiarity with packaged food brands). However, it avoids copy-pasting the unpleasant elements that have blighted many other examples of this genre lately and the lead is somewhat self-motivated; he gets himself out of trouble and actually engages with other people in good faith to earn their respect, which makes it relatively refreshing. I do want to scream every time one of these isekai shows fall back on RPG-style menus and statistics, though. The pseudo-Amazon virtual website he accesses with his power is unavoidable because it's the central gag of the series but would it kill people to at least attempt to do the UI overlay stuff more creatively now and then?

My Life as Inukai-san's Dog ep1: And now for something much, much simpler: a horny guy is reincarnated in the body of a stray puppy who happens to be taken in by the girl he had a crush on back at school. Her hobbies are getting overexcited at nothing, nibbling on stray puppies and undressing lasciviously even when she thinks she's alone, so it's not hard to see where this is going. It's dumb - really dumb - but it's also half-length episodes where everyone involved seems to be generally having a good time in spite of the voyeuristic undertones, so I can't judge it too harshly. Way less creepy than the one about the self-sacrificing neighbour girl, but not a keeper because the lead is too lame to hold my interest as the main narrator.

Ep 1 of High Card...unlike others that have watched and commented, i actually really liked this and intrigued to see where it goes.

That's good; if it stays enjoyable please continue to post about it!

R

Devil May Cry
Episodes 1+2

There's a train in the first episode. 🤩
Guns, swords and blood.
Miss Lady is hot and it was a pleasant surprise that she's voiced by Major Motoko. Happy days.

Dungeon of Black Company
Episodes 11+12, finished.

I could give this a 5 or a 7.
Last few were better.
I think it wasn't as funny as it thought is was. I liked the interactions between the MC and his group.

I particularly liked the dungeon Ants and the Queen. Maybe I should give it a 7.9. 🤔

Lady Belza was in the last 3 episodes more than the first 9. That probably helped. I would say the plot was more amusing also.

Now the darts are on ITV 4

Attachments

• BZIpwgI.jpg
    BZIpwgI.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
My Life as Inukai-san's Dog ep 2 (uncensored)
Walkies.

Sugar Apple Fairy Tale ep 2
Obsidian.

Urusei Yatsura ep 13
Snack attack and fateful visions.

Buddy Daddies ep 2
Flushed away.

Endo and Kobayashi Live! The Latest on Tsundere Villain Liesellote Episode 2 More blessings

Farming Life in Another World Episode 2 New residents.

My Life as Inukai-san's Dog (Uncensored) Episode 2 Walk.

Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 2 Stowaway and companions.

Endo and Kobayashi Live! The Latest on Tsundere Villainess Lieselotte episode 2 Favoured.

Farming Life in Another World episode 2 Proposal.

The Fruit of Evolution: Before I Knew It, My Life Had It Made Season 2 episode 13 Schooling.

Shaman King episodes 14-25 & Skimming through anime-only content (Complete. As most of the latter half of this adaptation is anime-only I opted to check out the highlights. SK is a fun supernatural action series and I’ll be checking out the 2021 adaptation next.) 3.5/5

Shaman King (2021)
episodes 1-4

Josee, the Tiger and the Fish: quite nice romance movie about a uni student caring for a grumpy disabled girl.

Ao Hara X Machine Gun: Abandoning this at episode three (or four, I may have miscounted). Borrowed the initial concept from Ouran High School Host Club (girl dressed as a boy incurs a debt to a host club and is forced to obey the boss). If I had the slighted interest in paintball-style (I assume Air Soft is a a specific iteration of the theme) action, I may have enjoyed it more. Mostly I just don't like the characters.

Fruits Basket (2019) (English Dubbed) Seasons 1-2 - Having read the entire manga and watched (and much enjoyed) the 2001 anime adaptation I am glad I gave this another chance after previously stopping shortly before the end of S1 a few years ago, the dub is pretty solid and it's a faithful adaptation of the manga, considering how rare it is to see any manga get a faithful full reboot I'm immensely grateful for this, lovely series and I'll definitely watch the rest at some point as well (I already saw the Prelude film dubbed at the cinema but have not seen S3 yet) :)

Now watching Gundam 00 :)

Last edited:
Devil's Line complete series: the whiny vampire (devil) and the woman who loves him without fear (or rationality), in world where humans and devils are fighting in the streets and on the rooftops. Interesting but overly complicated story with multiple layers of conspiracy and betrayal.

I've been home sick with a cold Thursday and Friday, so I was able to pound out a good selection of anime episodes:

Ningen Fushin: Adventurers Who Don't Believe in Humanity Will Save the World Ep 2. Liking this, will be continuing this series.

The Ice Guy And His Cool Female Colleague Ep 2. This one should develop into a decent romance anime. Will be continuing.

Revenger Ep 2. Still excellent, still probably my favorite of the season. Looking forward to more.

Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Ep 2. I'm definitely liking this one, probably second place behind Revenger.

Spy Classroom Ep 2. Second episode even better than the first. This is going to be a pleasant surprise series, I think.

The Iceblade Sorcerer Shall Rule the World Ep 2. This is actually pretty good, like to have at least one OP MC fantasy this season.

Buddy Daddies Ep 1. Much better than I thought it would be, should really enjoy this one. I may end up liking this one better than Spy x Family, which I was a little disappointed with.

Kaina of the Great Snow Sea Ep 1. Needs time for the story to develop further, but should be good. I love Polygon Studio's CGI style for Ajin, Blame!, and Knights of Sidonia, so I really like the looks of this one too.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel - Northern War Ep2. Seems to be a decent series, will continue.

Tomo-Chan is a Girl! Ep 2. Drop off somewhat from first episode, but will continue.

The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady Ep 2. Will give this one the three episode rule.

My Life as Inukai-san's Dog Ep 2. Pretty meh series, will most likely drop this one, will give it one more episode.

ONIMAI: I'm Now Your Sister! Ep 1. Not into the comedy and gender bender. Dropped.

Endo and Kobayashi Live! The Latest on Tsundere Villainess Lieselotte Ep 1. Really dumb to me. Dropped.

Shinobi no Ittoki Eps 7-9 - catching up on this series from last season, this one is getting really good.

Last edited:
Chillin' in My 30's after Getting Fired from the Demon King's Army Episode 2 Serpent slaying.

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro 2nd Attack Episode 15 Marathon.

My Hero Academia Season 6 Episode 15 Jailbreak.

NieR: Automata Ver1.1a Episode 2 This just isn't appealing to me at all. (Dropped)

Saving 80,000 Gold in Another World for My Retirement Episode 2 Negotiations.

The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten Episode 2 Birthday gift.

The Misfit of Demon King Academy II Episode 15 Mind games.

The Reincarnation of the Strongest Excorcist in Another World Episode 2 Duel.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun 3rd Season Episode 58 Torment.

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon IV Part 2 episodes 12-13.
Ningen Fushin: Adventurers Who Don't Believe in Humanity Will Save the World episodes 1-2.

Blue Lock episode 14 Evolution.

Chillin' in My 30s after Getting Fired from the Demon King's Army episode 2 First-name basis.

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro 2nd Attack episode 15 Locked in.

My Hero Academia Sixth Season episode 128 Insult to injury.

Saving 80,000 Gold in Another World for My Retirement episode 2 Self-defence.

The Fire Hunter episode 1 Amends.

The Misfit of Demon King Academy II episode 15 Deplorable magic.

The Reincarnation of the Strongest Exorcist in Another World episode 2 Unharmed.

Trigun Stampede episode 2 Overstaying.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-Kun Season 3 episode 14 Decorum.

Yowamushi Pedal: Limit Break episode 12 No restraint.

Shaman King (2021) episodes 5-22

Sword Art Online Ordinal Scale: not bad continuation of the story which must have looked and sounded awesome in the cinema. Pity I'm not really a fan of the series, but this held my attention for the whole two hours.

El Hazard - The Magnificent World (series 1 and 2): Campy mix of sexy themes, terrible jokes, over-the-top baddies and a similarity to other classics from the era such as Magic Knight Rayearth and Escaflowne (humans displaced to another world as the defenders of freedom and saviours of civilisation. Pity the animation quality in the second season was very much done on the cheap.

Summer Time Rendering eps 7-9
More twists and more plot ideas: split personality and now the good shadow can also travel through time. Also the shadows may not be supernatural, but alien! So many ideas thrown in to the mix, keeps you on your toes.

Back