Your viewing journal

Ayakashi Triangle ep 2 (on hold)
The new girl at school!
Lots of censored culture in this episode so on hold, bit pointless 😏 with it all covered up.

The Tale of Outcasts ep 2
Shopping for new attire.

BOFURI s2 e2
Throne.

Kaina of the Great Snow Sea ep 2
Guided tour.
Another story with some dumb plotting! The first episode had the Princess from below trying to get up to the canopy only for her to go straight back down again in this episode after learning what she was looking for wasn't there and also picking up the MC! It might have been better for him to fall, safely, down in episode 1 and for them to meet. She can then find out all she found out in episode 2 straight away and we could be off on the adventure already.
Also the art is still off putting, so another on the chopping block!

Tomo-chan is a Girl! ep 3
Incompatible and karaoke.

Lupin Zero (Japanese) - Episode 6 (Complete)

Urusei Yatsura (2022) (Japanese) - Episode 13 - 14

Kubo Won't Let Me Be Invisible! (Japanese) - Episode 2

Ayakashi Triangle (Japanese) - Episode 2

Bungo Stray Dogs (Season 4) (Japanese) - Episode 40

Tomo-chan Is a Girl! (English) - Episode 3

Sasaki and Miyano (English) - Episode 7

Endo and Kobayashi Live! The Latest on Tsundere Villainess Lieselotte episode 3 No do-overs.

Farming Life in Another World episode 3 Explosive temperament.

The Fruit of Evolution: Before I Knew It, My Life Had It Made Season 2 episode 14 A story dragging its heels.

Shiki (Rewatch) episodes 2-22 (Complete. This horror anime still provided an engaging and increasingly tragic story upon revisiting.) 4/5

Trigun: Stampede ep 1

Well what a roller coaster the last few days have been, out of the blue I discover there's a new Trigun series, what a surprise, and check my username I'm a BIG Trigun fan. To this day two of my biggest role models are Vash The Stampede and Milly Thompson. I'm not sure if that's a healthy thing or what that says about me, but it is what it is. I was pretty gosh darn excited at first, somehow my mind had forgotten what reality is really like and I imagined Studio Madhouse giving Trigun the loving FMA Brotherhood treatment and doing a more faithful take on the manga. The original anime series was perfect (in my opinion) and I'd argue far superior to the more overblown story Nightow ended up tellng, but it would have been interesting to have seen it translated to animation nonetheless.

But Stampede is not that. From the first episode it appears to merely be a truly 2023 reboot of the franchise. And that's a bad thing, a very bad thing. The opening sequence alone was enough to scupper my heart's hope. The creators of this new show seem to be intent on robbing Trigun of one of its defining strengths, its slow burning sense of mystery and intrigue, the feeling of appearances hiding deep and strange secrets, the slow but comfortable and natural drip feeding of its world's secrets. Things it actually shares in common with that other great 90s sci-fi western, Cowboy Bebop. But in its abysmal first episode Stampede wants to spill the beans about everything, Knives and Vash, Rem, Lost technology. What is going on here. Like other modern anime shows I've seen Stampede looks like it doesn't know what restraint is nor that there's an art to storytelling. You could argue it's this way because it's made for older fans like me who've already seen the original, but I don't think so, it feels more like it's cynically targeting a new generation but offering them up reheated and watered down slop.

There are other things I also didn't like, such as seemingly swapping out Milly (the co-best character of the show!!) for some joyless Robert DeNiro dullard. That alone is enough to earn deserving enmity and scorn. And making Meryl his young rookie, absolutely unforgivable! It also didn't make me laugh once or even smile, so I'm not sure if I was just already jaded by the opening minute or if it's simply less funny than the original, I suspect the latter. And there are lesser crimes, I dislike its 3D, and the new designs disappoint, Vash's new red coat just looks like a normal red coat. Cosplay in 2023 is surely a boring affair when you can just go to Marks and Spencer's clothing section and probably get everything you need. Grim. Oh and the ending music, god I mean it's so bland I've actually even forgotten what it sounds like. Compare to this lovliness :

It's early days of course, and am still hoping for best, but very much fearing the worst.
Well, looks like episode 2 is already out, so I'll probably be back in a jiffy after I've seen it.

Last edited:
Revenger ep 3
Fit up.
Seems quite episodic at the moment.

The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten ep 3
Interrogation and Xmas.
Damn why can't the mother be in it more she was good fun. I'm so close to dropping this, the leads are both a little dull, but she's definitely hiding something and I'm a little bit intrigued as to what it is.

The Fire Hunter ep 2
Journey.
Blimey the art and animation, or lack there of, is all over the place. From stills in a different style to the normal one, re-using the exact same cg from the first episode and the impressionistic action scene.

Fruits Basket
A complete an utter masterpiece! Storytelling of the highest order. Fantastic characters, amazing story, a remarkable blend of comedy and hard hitting drama, an intensely staisfying ending (especially as I didn't like some story descisions as they happened) and the art/animation is gorgeous.

Fruits Basket Prelude
I really hate it when films like this waste 30mins recapping the series for no reason. Completely disengages me. Once it got onto new material it was good though.

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S
Hilarious and a lot of fun. A silly show with a good heart. And some bonkers characters.

Love Me, Love Me Not
Ok this film was great. At first i was annoyed by the MCs fetishisation of love as something holier than holy. But as the tangled web of love lives grew it became fascinating and the way everything got resolved was actually really satisfying.

Violet Evergarden The Movie rewatch
It's a slow film but the pay offs are heavy and emotional which is exactly how VE should be. its not as good as the series but it is a fitting send off for Violet and even on a rewatch I cried several times even though I disengaged a bit in the first half. The second half is flurry of blows of emotional gut punches!

Blue Lock episode 15 Good luck charm.

Chillin' in My 30s after Getting Fired from the Demon King's Army episode 3 Knockers.

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro 2nd Attack episode 16 House visit.

My Hero Academia Sixth Season episode 129 Tears of the father.

Saving 80,000 Gold in Another World for My Retirement episode 3 Formal welcome.

The Fire Hunter episode 2 Holed in.

The Misfit of Demon King Academy II episode 16 Mist.

The Reincarnation of the Strongest Exorcist in Another World episode 3 True power.

Trigun Stampede episode 3 No right to cry.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-Kun Season 3 episode 15 Soul crushing.

Yowamushi Pedal: Limit Break episode 13 Exceptional flesh.

SHIROBAKO (Rewatch) episodes 1-18

Fruits Basket
A complete an utter masterpiece! Storytelling of the highest order. Fantastic characters, amazing story, a remarkable blend of comedy and hard hitting drama, an intensely staisfying ending (especially as I didn't like some story descisions as they happened) and the art/animation is gorgeous.

Fruits Basket Prelude
I really hate it when films like this waste 30mins recapping the series for no reason. Completely disengages me. Once it got onto new material it was good though.

Yaaaaay someone else just watched this too! :D (though I still haven't seen S3 but I have read the whole manga so I do know what happens and I've seen the Prelude film at the cinema) :)

Last edited:
Chillin' in My 30's after Getting Fired from the Demon King's Army Episode 3

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro 2nd Attack Episode 16

My Hero Academia Season 6 Episode 16

Saving 80,000 Gold in Another World for My Retirement Episode 3

The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten Episode 3

The Misfit of Demon King Academy II Episode 16

The Reincarnation of the Strongest Excorcist in Another World Episode 3

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun 3rd Season Episode 59

Anti-Magic-Academy Episode 1 (also the score out of 10 I give this episode)

This episode is a disgrace; if this show were not in the mystery box I wouldn't have even given it the time of day and this first episode proves to me exactly why.

It is riddled with annoying anime cliche's; do otaku's even like the accidental oppai grab cliche'? because I for one am sick of it, geninely sick of it, it seems to infect the vast majority of anime under the sun, it has been done so many times now, with practically no attempt that I've seen to subvert it properly (or even parody it in a clever way), that by this point I actually find it insulting when a show does it, it is often the red flag of a garbage anime and, in the cases where it isn't, it still adds nothing of value.

I'm not even sure if I want to bother continuing with this one; which would be a shame as I actually want to try and finish all of all the mystery box anime that I got last year for once; if I do continue with it then this will be the only reason.

Last edited:
Shin Godzilla
2nd half of the film, finished.
Great fun. It was like a reunion movie for actors from Takeshi Kitano films.

In/Spectre
Episode 3
Not quite what I was expecting but like it.

Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle
Episode 10
In one scene all the demons are chasing someone with determined looks on their faces. Except Frankenzombie, who has a big smile.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 284 What lies beneath.

By the Grace of the Gods 2nd Season episode 15 Boar wars.

Handyman Saitou in Another World episode 3 Into the labyrinth.

In/Spectre Season 2 episode 15 Fabrication.

Ippon Again! episode 3 Precious years.

One Piece episode 1048 Growing up.

To Your Eternity 2nd Season episode 13 No alarms.

SHIROBAKO (Rewatch) episodes 19-24 & SHIROBAKO The Movie (Film) (Complete. A great series that’s almost relentlessly tense at times in representing the behind-the-scenes stress and struggles the cast have with working in the anime industry. I finally got around to watching the film too, which provided a great continuation to the series.) 4/5, 4/5

Shugo Chara!
episodes 1-9

Back