Your viewing journal

Super Crooks ep3-7

This is shaping up to be a very surface-level series, in that none of the characters seem to have much depth or complexity to them (which can become frustrating in its quieter moments), but generally I've been impressed with this one. It's a consistently amusing show that occasionally feels quite inspired.

It also has the more dubious accolade of being the only time I've ever heard anyone drop the c-bomb in anime. It sure is Mark Millar, huh...

Restaurant to Another World Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 8

Baka and Test: Summon the Beasts Episode 1-7

CUE! Episode 4

Girls Frontline Episode 4

Slow Loop Episode 4

Teasing Master Takagi-san Season 3 Episode 4

World's End Harem (Uncensored) Episode 4

My Girlfriend Is Shobitch
Pretty dumb show but it was fun. The first epsiode was kinda annoying with the childhood friend and sister being way too full on but it soon settled into a good rhythm as more characters got introduced.

Isekai Quartet season 1
Hilarious and brilliant. Really loved it. Just a shame they're short episodes as I could easily have watched this for far longer. Mixing the casts from 4 very tonally different shows is such a good idea. The comedy basically writes itself.

Campione
A show whose pemise is better than its execution. The whole God's and Monsters thing was great. Its a shame that so much of the show gets reduced to strong women fawning and arguing over a boy.

It also has the more dubious accolade of being the only time I've ever heard anyone drop the c-bomb in anime. It sure is Mark Millar, huh...
If I remember correctly the English dubs of Black Lagoon and Panty & Stocking have c-bombs in them.

Vampire Princess Miyu episodes 1-8: rewatching a classic. I'd forgotten how callous Miyu and Reina were towards the fate of humans.

Dr Doolittle: Hmm, hasn't improved since the last time I saw it, as a teen.I did like the cultured and sophisticated natives.

Think I'll watch The Aristocats now (which I don't believe I have seen before). Anything about Paris should be good.

Vampire Princess Miyu episodes 1-8: rewatching a classic. I'd forgotten how callous Miyu and Reina were towards the fate of humans.

Dr Doolittle: Hmm, hasn't improved since the last time I saw it, as a teen.I did like the cultured and sophisticated natives.

Think I'll watch The Aristocats now (which I don't believe I have seen before). Anything about Paris should be good.

The Aristocats is a fun little movie I used to watch it a lot, I tend not to really rate Disney films made between Walt's passing and the start of the 90s renaissance period very highly but it's enjoyable and cute and even if they are cats it's nice that O'Malley never throws any shade at Duchess over the fact that all three kittens probably have different dads 🥰 If you liked The Jungle Book and Robin Hood it's got a kind of similar vibe, and the style of the backgrounds was quite a big influence on Sylvain Chomet when he made The Triplets of Belleville (a favourite of mine) :)

The Aristocats is a fun little movie I used to watch it a lot
I like how my DVD had a choice of five different languages at the start, but NOT French, despite being set in Paris in 1910. Isn't 1910 about the same time A Monster in Paris is set? I do enjoy that film too. And maybe it's time I dragged out my copy of The Triplet's of Belleville again.

Akebi's Sailor Uniform ep 4
Photo op.

My Dress-Up Darling ep 4
Putting in a shift.

The Case Study of Vanitas s1 recap

The Case Study of Vanitas s2 eps 1-3
The first episode felt like another recap as so much happened with little explanation. 2 & 3 did start providing some answers though.

Akebi’s Sailor Uniform episode 4 Visits.

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom
Part 2
episode 17 Warriors and wives.

Lupin III: Part VI episode 16 Samurai centric.

Miss KUROITSU from the Monster Development Department episode 3 Advice.

My Dress-Up Darling episode 4 Apologies.

Tamayura: Sotsugyou Shashin Parts 2-4 (Films) These films made for an enjoyable finale to the series and its characters’ story. 3.5/5, 3.5/5, 4/5, 4/5

TARI TARI
episodes 1-13 (Complete. A music-themed school club series which felt familiar when it came to certain story beats but was otherwise a decent watch) 3.5/5

The disastrous Life of Saiki K. (rewatch)
episodes 1-3

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom (English Dub) Episode 14

My Dress-Up Darling (English Dub)
Episode 1

My Senpai is Annoying (English Dub) Episode 8

Akebi's Sailor Uniform Episode 4 Photogenic.

Baka and Test: Summon the Beasts Episode 8-13 + OVA Episode 1-2 (Complete. A solid comedy series with an academic battle premise accompanied by some rather ridiculous and disturbing scenarios. Overall an entertaining show, the parodies were amusing and the OVA's are just as fun.) 3.5/5

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom
Episode 17 Warrior.

Miss KUROITSU From the Monster Development Department Episode 3 Second opinion.

My Dress-Up Darling Episode 4 Rush job.

The Strongest Sage with the Weakest Crest Episode 4 Walking disaster.

Vampire Princess Miyu episodes 9-26: It's all a bit Buffy the vampire slayer in Japan, if Buffy was also part vampire (I think she was, actually. Hmm may be time to revisit the Buffy-verse). Lots of death and darkness all the way to the end. Oh well, time to get back into my Rayearth marathon.

Attack on Titan: The Final Season (Japanese audio) - Episode 20
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba: Entertainment District Arc (Japanese audio) - Episode 9

Attack on Titan: The Final Season Part 2 episode 79 As much as it takes.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 234 Subordinates.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Entertainment District Arc episode 9 Struggles.

The disastrous Life of Saiki K. (rewatch) episodes 4-24 (Complete. One of my favourite modern anime comedies and a fun one to rewatch.) 4/5

Back