Your viewing journal

Project A (Film) A fun action-packed flick that was a breeze to watch. Not as strong as either Police Story films but it has its own qualities. I’ll get around to part II in time. 3.5/5

Yuru Camp (Rewatch) episodes 1-12 (Complete. My thoughts on this haven’t changed from when I first watched it, it’s still my anime of the year for 2018 and I appreciated the comfy atmosphere even more on a second viewing. The budding friendship between the characters is wonderful as well, and feels natural and seamless. Hopefully it gets a home media release soon.) 4.5/5

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind episode 13 - For now I'll keep this series on hold as I seemed to enjoy it more when I binge watched the first four parts.

Bloom into You episode 13 (Complete) - A really solid series to end the year on. The production from TROYCA really stood out in this series with great visuals, music and directing that really set a calm atmosphere for the rest of the series. This series also stands out from many other series (with Citrus being one such offender) as having one of the better depictions of lesbian romance in anime and tackling some of the nastier tropes along the way. The characters themselves are well written with even side characters having some good moments. As with the rest of the series it had a quiet final episode though the ending scene was worth it, providing a hint as to where the story can go. Until then I'll be reading the manga. 9/10

Up to episode 11 of A Place Further Than The Universe

Also Up to episode 11 of Made in Abyss

I wonder how they're going to wrap things up with just two episodes to go.

Episode 1 of Lord El-Melloi II-sei no Jikenbo

Watching Cells at Work on CrunchyRoll. The first two episodes were a good mix of funny and entertaining. It's light hearted so far and we'll see where it goes.

Pokemon the movie I choose you

I enjoyed some of it, but felt like a wasted opportunity.

5/10

Anima Yell! ep 7-12 [END]

First half was ok but 2nd half was much better once they got all together, it's a strong 6/10.

ps: I really need to complete and put on hold some of these 39 anime on my on going MAL list, I can't start the winter season like this.

Last edited:
Just knocked out episodes 3 through 10 of Cells at work. It's definately a nice sunday anime. Will finish out the last 4 episodes soon.

Ace Attorney 2nd Season (Dub) episode 34 A trainbound case begins.

Absolute Duo episodes 1-12 (Complete. A very mixed bag, combining some good ideas that aren’t fully explored and a lot of fanservice alongside decent action set pieces to form an anime that isn’t bad, but isn’t great either.

The end battle is where it fell apart though and felt very anime only too in its execution and storyline. It also had a variation on a cliches that I really dislike a character betrays their friends only to be brought back to justice and barely gets punished at all.

Overall I’d say AD was fine-it did enough to keep me watching but has little that would have me returning to it anytime soon.) 3/5

And you thought there is never a Girl Online episodes 1-12 (Complete. This was a pleasant surprise. I had expected a series with the cast interacting inside and out of their role playing Game but didn’t think they’d deal with themes of loneliness and becoming too absorbed in a game as well.

The way Netoge handled Ako’s story arc early on was fairly mature considering the comedic nature of the series. Her sheer obliviousness later on though was a bit irksome. The interactions between the group were the main highlights for me. All in all I’m glad I gave this a watch, it was a lot of fun whilst handling some mature themes appropriately.) 3.5/5

Project A Part II (Film) Consistent with the first film and just as much fun. 3.5/5

Last edited:
Today's Menu for the Emiya Family episode 13 (Complete) - A Fate series that's actually rather comfy and without the worry of any characters suffering. In a way I can describe it as sharing some similarities with Laid-Back Camp with it's focus on SoL elements and cooking segments. It was always a nice treat to start each month with these 12-minute segments full of ufotable goodness in a more stripped back format. In a way it's up there as one of my favourites from last year and I'd love to see a season 2. 9/10

Now with 2018 done I guess it's time for a backlog check to see what's left...
  • Slow Start
  • Teasing Master Takagi-san
  • Hakumei and Mikochi
  • Mob Psycho 100: Reigen
  • Banana Fish
  • Grand Blue
  • Sirius
  • Planet With
  • Iroduku: The World in Colors
  • Boarding School Juliet

Surprisingly enough I actually managed to watch most of what I was interested in. As four of those shows are Amazon exclusive I'll get a free trial and marathon them as I have a week off next Monday. Before then I'll catch up on Saekano and Yuki Yuna is a Hero on CR since their second seasons are on Prime.

Last edited:
Doctor Who: Resolution (2019 New Year's Special)
Always a great start to the year with one of these Doctor Who specials and a welcome and worthy returning point for the Daleks. Now the annoying 1 year wait for next season begins. 3.5/5

Today's Menu for the Emiya Family Episode 13 (Complete)
A Fate series with a more SoL twist. A series that is comfy and despite its half episode runtime with its laid-back format that focuses more on its SoL elements & food segments instead of the fighting is actually and surprising good considering what the Fate franchise is normally like. 4/5

Last edited:
SSSS.Gridman - Episodes 11 & 12 [Final]

That was a good ending for Gridman and I've enjoyed watching it despite a bit of a wobble early on.

No Game No Life eps 4-9
The interesting games continue, as does the collection of girls for the harem!
Also the references keep coming:
PS_Messages_20190102_121020.jpg
PS_Messages_20190102_121018.jpg
And they like their Ghibli. Laputa:
PS_Messages_20190102_121016.jpg
And Nausicaä:
PS_Messages_20190102_121026.jpg
PS_Messages_20190102_121023.jpg
As do the naked lolis🙄

A story that leads to the Antarctica- Episode 1
Yes i am calling APFTTU A story that leads to the Antarctica as its the subtitle in english on the logo no why idea CR changed especially when it make more sense to the plot of the show. An good first episode I dont like the character models when they smile they look weird

no why idea CR changed especially when it make more sense to the plot of the show.
I don't think CR changed it, they just translated the main title rather than using the subtitle. As for making more sense, I understood that the title is actually referring to the fact that the distance from Japan to Antarctica is more than the distance from Earth to beyond the atmosphere. So it seems quite fitting to me. Anyway, it's a great show IMHO, have fun watching it :)

Back