Your viewing journal

APFTTU - Episode 5 Well the best friend is the best friend is the best character in it and oh they are off. This show is not going to be my AOTY I know already and hype has killed it its exactly what I thought it would be from the key art. A Moe adventure show with meh characters I don't really like and it really doesn't make sense why are they allowed to go as they are not very clever or fit its just weird. And shoutout to them playing a PS1 three years so 2015 that's a shout out.

Mob Psycho 100: Reigen -The Miraculous Unknown Psychic- As far as series recaps go this was pretty hilarious and serves as a good summary of the series to watch before heading into the second season. It's been a while since I've watched Mob Psycho 100 so this was a good reminder of just how much I loved the first season with it's humour and spectacular animation. The twist of this being an unreliable recap was a pretty fun element akin to Re:Creators episode 16. 8/10

BanG Dream! episodes 8-13 (Complete) - Having been a fan of the game and short series for a while now and with the second season now starting it seemed like a good time to watch the anime. Sadly it's just a bit underwhelming. While I did enjoy watching this, it just doesn't live up to the game or short series, especially due to it's awkward animation, CG and direction. It has it's moments and was nice to watch as an origin story for Poppin' Party but it's just kinda eh. 6/10

BanG Dream! Special - Funny how a beach episode actually managed to be somewhat better than the main series. Interestingly the CG animation got improved during the song performance and felt a lot smoother. 7/10

BanG Dream! Season Two episode 1 - Okay now I can tell from the first episode that this will be one of my highlights for this season. While I was kinda dreading the thought of production going to a CG studio I'm happy to say that Sanzigen have nailed it. While it may not be as great as Land of the Lustrous the CG is pretty lively and reminds me of the Live2D used in the game. This series also introduces the other four bands and perhaps setting up an appearance by RAISE A SUILEN. While it may feel like a bit of a whirlwind introduction I expect this series may be aimed more at people who've played the game which, while unfortunate, does mean they won't have to waste time introducing another 20 characters.

Hero/Mask ep 1: I watched this with the dub as I was with my brother and he prefers that to subtitles. It was a bit disappointing that they couldn't have hired English voice actors rather than American considering it's set in England, a missed opportunity there. And the episode as a whole we both found to be uninteresting. I like slow shows, but this had nothing to draw me in at all, even the intro was amongst the blandest anime intros I've yet seen.

Daltanious Robot of the Future - Episodes 1 - 3

Back to Super Robots for the next episode of the mecha podcast.

Thunderbolt Fantasy Sword Seekers 2 - Episode 1

I've been looking forward to this and I've held off until watch the entire series in one go.

No Game No Life eps 10-12 (complete)
Probably the best arc with smarts and action. And the harem mission is complete, for now.

I liked the smart solutions to the problems and the animation was very good, except there were way too much red in the colour palette which made some scenes unclear. Also far be it from me to complain about ecchi stuff, but there also seemed to be way too much of that as well.

There seems to be plenty of story left with only 5 of the 16 races met, so a second season would be welcome, desu. Although it's been 5 years already!
7/10

Genius Party Beyond - As with the first instalment I'll be rating episodes individually before rating the project as a whole
  1. Gala - 6/10 - Another kind of musical intro. The concept is fine I guess but it just drags on for too long
  2. Moondrive - 7/10 - A fun treasure hunt kinda reminiscent of Hiroyuki Imaishi's Dead Leaves
  3. Wanwa the Puppy - 3/10 - I'm sure there's meaning in this somewhere underneath all that garish animation
  4. Toujin Kit - 4/10 - Interesting concept made boring
  5. Dimension Bomb - 6/10 - Music and visuals were pretty great even if I had no idea what was going on
Again it's a visually impressive project but it's just so boring and vague. 5/10

Yuki Yuna is a Hero episodes 1-4 - Interesting magical girl series with some good SoL moments though I wonder when the twist will show up

Amanchu! episode 1 - Amanchu comfy and good

Boogiepop and Others episodes 1-2 - Considering leaving this series on hold if it continues to be this confusing

Last edited:
Boogiepop and Others episodes 1-2 Some intriguing pacing so far, though I do wonder whether it’s a “pieces come together by the end” kind of series.

Bikini Warriors episodes 1-12 (Complete. Why this exists I don’t know, it even got a dub. Why I sat through all 12 episodes I also don’t know, likely because the series was so short. There’s little to recommend here and even the only selling point, the fanservice, is lacklustre and dull. It was basically like watching a bad bland softcore hentai.) 1.5/5

Brave 10 episodes 1-12 (Complete. A pretty decent action-driven series, though it doesn’t really break and new ground with its plot and characters. It’s fine but nothing more than that, and a twist towards the end didn’t do it any favours with me.) 3/5

Doctor Who: The enemy of the World One of the most recently recovered Who stories, and a very solid and engaging thriller at that. Patrick Troughton is clearly having a lot of fun in a dual role. It got a special edition release last year to give it an extra touch of restoration too.

B: The Beginning episodes 1-12 (Complete. As far as supernatural thrillers go this was very enjoyable. I liked how they counteracted the typical “younger protagonist with powers” archetype by having a second lead in Keith, a grouchy miserable git with a deadpan attitude and a brilliant mind. The rest of the cast and the story itself were also quite entertaining, and I look forward to Season 2 whenever that happens.) 4/5

Last edited:
A Certain Magical Index III (English Dub) Episode 10

Bloom Into You (English Dub) Episode 11

Tsurune: Kazemai High School Archery Club (English Dub) Episode 7

Boogiepop and Others Episode 1-2
Not exactly sure what to make of this other than getting a lot of Parasyte vibes and being downright confusing.

The Price of Smiles Episode 1
Hmm..... I don't think this is going to be for me, but I'll give it a few eps to see where it goes.

Dagashi Kashi ep 11

Forcing myself to finish it, just one ep to go. I really like the character designs, but it would work better as a 5 minutes anime..

The Prince of Smiles episode 1
Three episode rule for this one :confused:

Boogiepop and Others episode 1
I've left the second episode to give me something new to watch tonight. We shall see.

Sword Art Online Alicization - Ep 13

Still the old op. Good ep.

Dagashi Kashi ep 12 [END]

Done, had a few funny scenes along the way.. 3/10

Blend S ep 9

lol the dog is funny.

Revue Starlight ep 8-9

Great stuff, really great stuff. My definition of underdog right here, the performances are spectacular.

Last edited:
Fairy Tail: Final Season episode 290 Backstory is complete, power of friendship prevails as always.

Radiant episode 14 The action picks up this week.

The Rising of the Shield Hero episode 1P Hoo boy saw that twist coming. Wonder if this anime is gonna be totally revenge driven or not.

Coyote Ragtime Show episodes 1-6

Back