Your viewing journal

That man has a golden voice. I've tried some anime based on his presence alone.
Oh, he does. I even took a punt on We Without Wings because he's in it. Sadly, it's awful.

But yeah, I really like Sugita; he's a witty guy. Another man with a golden voice is Kouichi Yamadera (Spike in Cowboy Bebop, Kaji in Evangelion). I reckon I could listen to him all day.

Okay, c'mere. I'll whisper it to you.

*whisper, whisper, whisper, whisper*
... and purges the poison from his body in his semen.

Whoops.
Um... I guess that’s one way to get rid of it. Probably not the kind of thing I’d have on my mind if I were poisoned though!

Just coincidentals, then. o_O
Wasn't really about the acting, originally. More the visuals and the writing. The original Kanon anime was 2002 the same year as Chobits and although the version I'm watching is the 2006 version (even if Funimation have labelled it as 2002!) the visuals seem very similar between versions. 2006 puts it in the same year as the first season of Haruhi Suzumiya, as well.

Last edited:
Kanon eps 4-8
You can tell this story is from a visual novel (the original version was an eroge, but then those scenes were cut for console versions). 4-6 seemed to be, here's a scene with girl A, now a scene with B, etc. Although 7-8 were more focused on Makoto, who mostly seems to be a total brat, but she mellows a bit and then you find out she's a fox in human form! Most of the girls seem to have a weird quirk, but most have only been hinted at so far.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 51 Mutsuki in a party hat is an image I didn't know I'd find humorous until I saw it

Gurren Lagann: The Lights in the Sky are Stars (Film) Another solid recap. Though Something I noticed is that everyone in the city is a dick. A threat comes and someone tries to defend it, there's damaged caused, but less so than if no one had tried. The solution? Blame them for everything and execute them. Genius. Oh and I feel less annoyed with Rossiu here, if only because everything moved at a faster pace. The action here is superb and OTT, and I liked how they changed certain character outcomes. My gripes here are the same as with the first film, depth is lost when recapping but it was still an enjoyable film. 3.5/5

Haikyu!! episodes 1-9

Amagami SS (Japanese audio) - Episodes 17-20
Fate/Stay Night 2006 (English dub) - Episodes 17-20
The Vision of Escaflowne (Japanese audio) - Episodes 17-20

Overlord II (Dub) Episode 9

Backlog
Girls und Panzer das Finale Movie 1 (Sub)
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!: Rikka Version (Dub)
Oshiete! Galko-chan (Sub) Episode 1 - 6

Seraph of The End (1-15)
I like this for some reason. It's average but I enjoy it all the same so...yeah.

Princess Principle (2-5)
I'm dropping this. I'd heard really good things about it but as much as I like the concept it's just a bit rubbish.

The Ancient Magus' Bride (complete)
Well I liked the end at least. Another one that was overrated but enjoyable and well....stockholm syndrome for the win?
Also quite educational - if you want a nice girlfriend just buy a poor suffering child and move her in with you until she just gets used to it and decides she likes you. Apparently.

Violet Evergarden (Japanese audio) - Episode 12

Despite MAL's listing, next week is the final episode. There is an OVA planned that's due this summer.

Back