Your viewing journal

After the Rain (Japanese audio) - Episode 12 (Complete)
Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody (Japanese audio) - Episode 12 (Complete)

As an added bonus some lol moments for Death March:
2018-02-10_9.png

2018-02-10_6.png

2018-02-10_17.png

2018-02-10_18.png

2018-03-15_17.png

2018-03-15_18.png

2018-03-15_20.png

2018-03-15_23.png

2018-03-15_22.png

2018-03-15_29.png

2018-03-15_30.png

2018-03-15_31.png

2018-03-15_32.png

2018-03-22_12.png

2018-03-22_14.png

2018-03-22_19.png

2018-03-22_17.png

2018-03-29_17.png

2018-03-29_18.png

2018-03-29_19.png

2018-03-29_20.png

2018-03-29_22.png

2018-03-29_29.png

2018-03-29_30.png

2018-03-29_31.png

2018-03-29_33.png

Last edited:
Violet Evergarden ep 12
Not the best episode. We do get to learn why the Majors brother hates her so, but the fight scene is stupid in that there are a load of men armed with guns who rush her with bayonets instead of shooting her! Especially as she is unarmed herself! There's also some weirdness in the writing. Having established the importance of a bridge along a railway the Majors brother explains that they should expect an attack on said bridge, but then says it took 10 years to build the tunnel! According to someone on MAL the line about the tunnel is correct from the Japanese, but something is wrong somewhere.

Kanon eps 9-10
The arc of the fox girl is over. I didn't think I would care as much as I thought I would, but it was quite sad when she started losing her voice and was getting weaker. I thought the wedding bit was a bit weird though and also thought that they would kiss and she would turn back into a fox and likewise when she finally let go, but she just disappeared!

After the Rain ep 12 (complete)
Excellent final episode. Seems they have helped each other find their passion again and maybe they have a future together, but that was left a little up in the air.
Lovely series with just one episode that had a plot point that I didn't really like and then it didn't really pop up again. 8/10

How to Keep a Mummy episode 12 (Complete. To my surprise, this SoL managed to blend its cuteness and plot lines with some nice world building that helped to flesh out the spiritual aspects of the beings.

The last episode did suffer from being dramatic and a bit out of place-a problem some SoL and comedies seem to have, but it worked well enough in the latter half. The characters and creatures were all likeable, though I wish the Pharaoh statue got more screen time. Overall, this was the unexpected gem of this season for me. I'd love another season, though it's very unlikely.) 4/5

Violet Evergarden episode 12 Espionage and action makes for an interesting episode (though like last weeks I wasn't as invested as what came before)

Haikyu!! episodes 10-25 (Complete. I'm slowly watching more sports anime and noticing what I like about them in the process. The character and team dynamic here is what makes it more unique, though the ending with the team losing almost feels more of a sports cliche nowadays than winning did in the past- sets it up nicely to continue the story I suppose. The anime also nicely built tension in its matches that kept me entertained. Overall, a very solid sports anime so far, onto season two.) 3.5/5

Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card (Dub) Episode 10

Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody (Sub) Episode 12 (Complete)
A good final episode. Overall a decent series, hopefully we get a second season. 8/10

How to Keep a Mummy (Sub) Episode 12 (Complete)
A good final episode. Overall a cute and adorable series with likable characters. 7/10

Marchen Maedchen (Sub) Episode 10 (Temporarily Complete)
A good episode with a decent amount of action and characterization. Overall a unique series with it's flaws. 5/10

claymore (sub) 12- 15
12-14 - Ophelia was played more subtly then I would have thought, and the awakened being sounds younger. There is something to notice in both the female and Ophelia in their awakened forms have something I'm dubbing as "godzilla speak" where the dialogue of kaiju class characters has a subtle echo, check out takehito's beast titan for a more recent example. There are still things in these episodes that I don't really notice in the dub - the monstrous yawn of the awakened being when she tries to eat talk, and Ophelias neck which sounds... even more gross. My MVP has to be Ophelia
15- a few new characters, certainly more than 12-14, limt kind of sounds more aged, in a more mysterious way, can't say much for the claymore as they are virtually the same save for English speaking people having a deeper tone. There are a few lines by dauf and riful (kenji and nana, respectively) though there's not that much to analyse as of yet. MVP goes to hoko for "male clare" at her best with this she would have me fooled that she's a man.
I'm in for a laugh next time with a page from dauf's book of war - using a 50ft tall form in a 30ft short tunnel!
violet evergarden 12 - not as emotional as other episodes, but with a lot more action then is usually seen, there seems to be a bit of a mistake with the plot though the rebels plan to blow up a bridge that is difficult to repair, but the train enters a tunnel I'm assuming is under the bridge, which means for some reason the rebels didn't blow up the bridge, which would have given them the upper hand on their attack

Killing Bites (Japanese audio) - Episode 12 (Complete)

Killing Bites is the best enjoyable trash show of the Winter 2018 season. The show knows it's stupid and uses it with its over-the-top monologue of the characters and the awesome fight scenes. Amazon even streamed the uncensored version which is a plus.

Watch this show.

Amagami SS (Japanese audio) - Episodes 24-25 (Complete)
Amagami SS: Tachibana Miya Chapter - Little Sister (Japanese audio) - Special

And the winner of being best girl goes to...
vlcsnap-2011-01-09-22h13m46s222.png

Killing Bites ep 12 (complete)
Political intrigue after the tournament is over, unfortunately it got a tad rape-y at the end of the scene (implied rather than actually seeing anything). I'm not sure why
Shidoh had Nomoto killed as he had won the day and went public with the existence of the Therianthrope so surely he had no secrets left to spill (apart from maybe KB tournaments were illegal before and it would be troublesome if that got out). Although I'm not sure he is dead, as the guy right at the end looks very similar and I wonder if Hitomis line "I couldn't do what you said" was directed at something Nomoto said before or at Shidoh for only severely injuring Nomoto and not killing him (although she seemed genuinely sad afterwards). Maybe he had to die as part of the transformation process and thus he'll be back as Therianthrope himself. That got quite deep for a trashy Battle Royale show.
Very much set up for a second season (I recognise one of the new characters from the MAL page as a dog girl). I hope there is as it was very enjoyable if quite trashy, it beat Juni Taisen from the last season for me 7/10.
And remember "The one with the sharper fangs wins. That's what Killing Bites is!"

Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens ep 12 (complete)
Action packed finale. I actually felt a bit sad for the bad guy in the final arc in the scene where he dies after seeing what he and Lin went through when young a few episodes back.
Entertaining show that suffered a bit from too many characters, but still a solid 7/10.

The end of Killing bites was a bit dissapointing especially if there was no second season. Evens happened for shock value only and it wasn't really need. Could have done with being a bit more ecchi as well. I like my trash flaming hot....

Killing Bites ep 12 (complete)
Political intrigue after the tournament is over
just finished it myself, and I agree on a few points, leo almost had my vote as No.1, doing the right thing but only in his own interest, then that happened. can none of the male characters just be a stand up guy and, not do those kinds of things to sully their reputation? kido doesn't count as monsters don't count but what surprised me was that sudden assassination of nomoto, it was almost a heartfelt thanks between them, then, suddenly, betrayal! I would say it would have to happen pretty quickly, but nomoto was assassinated, the problem being he may have survived in a critical condition until shidoh's sharing the wealth of the tech to create brutes was a much better way to save him and he's at the end. I don't know why he's entering KB, could be for revenge, could be just to see hitomi, but if any more is shown he'd definatly be a thorn in shidoh's paw, with the tech shidoh pushed saving the man he betrayed as this season's hot trash I don't think it'd get a second season, but usually these days if a series draws eyes at all (especially with streaming, the shows you watch are pretty much why you subscribe) it often gets a second season

The Vision of Escaflowne (Japanese audio) - Episodes 24-26 (Complete)

This 90s fantasy isekai series from Sunrise is amazing. Definitely one of my favourite anime series that I've watched. A few minor issues I've had but overall I highly recommend it, especially as the Blu-ray transfer looks great.

After watching this I now want to watch more 90s fantasy anime like Record of Lodoss War lol.

Speaking of Killing Bites, I think I know what's happened at the end of the series:

From the way I saw it Hitomi "killed" Notomo so that he won't be involved with the higher ups anymore and then at the very end of the episode you see a person in a hoodie who is basically Notomo in disguise (there seems to be a big timeskip between that last scene and the prior one).

Colors ep1

I'd been meaning to have a look at this for quite a while, as some of my friends were involved in scanlating the manga at one point, but only just got around to it tonight. It's fine, I was gently amused throughout, although it's probably not something I'd go out of my way for.

Back