Your viewing journal

Interviews with Monster Girls, Episode 12 [Complete]

Piacevole, Episode 11

Gakuen Handsome
, Episodes 9 - 12 [Complete]

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Episode 11

Nyanko Days, Episode 12 [Complete]

Trinity Seven, Episodes 4 - 7

Started GATE and quite liking it so far. 3 episodes in and I enjoy the premise and the characters i've met.

A lot of people dislike it for reasons that quickly become obvious but I myself love it heh.

Anyway finished Key the metal idol and have to say... mixed bag. First thirteen episodes boredom fierce. The two feature length ones were decent enough but still didn't really grab me.

Oh and I've never heard so many ways to pronounce Sakura in the dub, all of them dreadful...

A lot of people dislike it for reasons that quickly become obvious but I myself love it heh.

Anyway finished Key the metal idol and have to say... mixed bag. First thirteen episodes boredom fierce. The two feature length ones were decent enough but still didn't really grab me.

Oh and I've never heard so many ways to pronounce Sakura in the dub, all of them dreadful...

Very curious what you're on about, spoiler it for me and i'll come back in a few episodes time to see if i've noticed it :p

Ok well
people tend to hate the japanese army love, and also expected gritty realism rather than harem style antics.

Personally i find the blend right but considering i wasnt sold on Key i daresay peopke would say i have terrible taste

I've been working through my anime collection and recently finished the following animes
Love Chunibyo Heart Throb (very enjoyable much like the first season)
Neon Genesis Evangelion
(well worth its legacy, preferred the ending to EoE too)
Noir (an interesting series but I feel a rewatch might be in order in the future for me to appreciate it more)
No Game No Life (very good, gorgeous animation and I liked the leads and am looking forward to the second season!)
Panty and Stocking with Garter Belt (Fun and vulgar, love the ending theme)
Red Garden (Eh, didn't leave much of an impact on me, couldn't get into the characters at all)
Samurai Flamenco (Gets increasingly ridiculous as the plot progresses, but it's self awareness is great- watched this one on Netflix)
Seraph of the End (Had the Universal sets for ages, finally watched this and thoroughly enjoyed the series)
Shigurui Death Frenzy (Bizarre and bloody, need to watch this again since the dream-like atmosphere made it hard to follow- enjoyed it though)
The Heroic Legend of Arslan (One of my new favs, I love me some fantasy anime, hope Universal releases the third season)

Now I'm tackling:
Ranma 1/2- Episodes 93 to 108 (set 5 Discs 1 and 2) (A good show that suffers from repetitive storylines and unfortunately fails to make much character progression- but its fun and likeable and doesn't take itself or it's outlandish scenarios seriously)

Upon hearing how many episodes Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters was slated for, I finally decided to get caught up with it. Over the past few days I spent most of my spare time marathoning it and watched from episode 15 to 24. Certain aspects of the show still make me facepalm but at least it finally grew a plot!

Other shows that I've recently watched...

Scum's Wish - Episode 11
Fuuka - Episode 12
Pokémon XY&Z - Episodes 10-11
Tales of Zestiria the X - Episode 24
Little Witch Academia - Episode 12
Natsume's Book of Friends 4 - Episode 5

Last edited:
Interviews With Monster Girls ep12 [end]

Well, that was nice. Far from the post-Monster Musume 'me too' effort I was expecting, this was a quiet, thoughtful series that discussed subtle forms of discrimination in the most upbeat and positive way imaginable. Also Succubus-san is waifu of the year.

Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt -Episode 5

I'm happy to see the return of Thunderbolt, I really liked the first series and it feels like OYW Gundam.

Capeta - Episodes 31 & 32

Yawn!

Gabriel Dropout-Episode 12 (Complete)

Not the funniest episode to end on, but I enjoyed the series as a whole quite a bit.

ACCA 13-Episode 12 (Complete)

Kinda happy to see this one end, was starting to be a bit of a chore, if I'm honest.

My Hero Academia-Episodes 7-10

Glad to see Katsuki put in his place, he was being a bit of a knob.

Ranma 1/2 episodes 109-131 (Set 5 Disc 3 to set 6 Disc 2). Almost finished the series now, skipped a few episodes here since they weren't very good, but for the others at least the plots here are more original and inventive than earlier seasons, and it's still enjoyable, though I am looking forward to checking out the next title in my collection

Last edited:
Watched up to episode six of GATE. Seeing medieval fantasy soldiers getting decimated by modern weaponry has not gotten old yet. The choppers flying in to ride of the valkyries was great.

Back