1. Welcome to the new Anime UK News forums! Please view this thread for more information regarding your account and the forums. If you can't log in, your password has been blanked and will need to be reset.
    Dismiss Notice

Your viewing journal

Discussion in 'General Anime Chit-Chat' started by Miaka-chan, Nov 1, 2006.

1. IncendiaryLemon

IncendiaryLemon Captain Karen AUKN Staff

A Certain Scientific Railgun-Episodes 9-14

After watching Show by Rock before this, with it's generic as hell villain, it is so refreshing to get an actual good antagonist in Railgun's first arc. Not only does she actually have a unique motivation for doing what she's doing, but she's also not this totally evil person, she's very much in this moral grey area. Considering I thought the story was weak at the start, I've done a total 180 and grown to really love this first arc. It built up some really great character stuff early on, then retroactively pulled all those seemingly individual episodes together into a great story, with a brilliant antagonist and really cool final fight. Hope the second arc can live up to the first.

Episode 13: Okay, for a swimsuit/beach episode, this was actually pretty decent. The 2001: A Space Odyssey reference caught me off guard.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  2. bakum4tsu

bakum4tsu Pokémon Master

Thanks, you're welcome. ;)

Yes there are 2 live action movies. Since you did enjoy the series, I would advise you to watch them, they arent anything wow but if you love Gantz, you don't loose anything in watching them. I enjoy them. They are quite cheap now if you want to buy them.

Neil.T likes this.
  3. Type45

Type45 Student Council President

I would love for Gantz:O to make it over here,it's my favourite arc

Neil.T likes this.
  4. Sunshineabove

Sunshineabove Brigade Leader

Fuuka - Ep 4-7

5. orgun

orgun Stand User

Ulysses 31 - Episodes 12 & 13

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - Episode 43

6. Peachy

Peachy Bumpkin AUKN Staff

Empire of Corpses - The premise is one of the neatest I've read, shame about the execution. Yet another victim of trying to play with too much.

bakum4tsu and Neil.T like this.
  7. bailey1985

bailey1985 Straw Hat Pirate

Masamune-kun's Revenge ep 7
    All Out ep 19
    Spiritpact ep 6
    Twin Star Exorcists ep 44

8. DragonBlaze67

DragonBlaze67 Stand User

Maria Holic ep 6-7

9. Neil.T

Neil.T Great Teacher

Nice. I'll have to check them out, then. :)

Yeah, I hope so, too. Do you think Manga would take a shot at it, or would their lack of success with the CG Harlock film maybe put them off?

(Personally, I really enjoy Harlock.)

10. bakum4tsu

bakum4tsu Pokémon Master

I can easily see Manga UK bringing it over here.

Neil.T likes this.
  11. bakum4tsu

bakum4tsu Pokémon Master

This. I was hoping for a great movie, decided to drop it not even halfway...

12. IncendiaryLemon

A Certain Scientific Railgun-Episodes 15-18

I'd love to know how much of this is made up of anime original stories, not adapted from the books. After around the halfway point, I can't help but feel it's been meandering a bit, with no new overarching story. Unless they do what they did with the first arc and tie everything into some larger arc somehow, but I'm not sure if they will or not, or even if they could. Perhaps this first season would've been better if it was only single cour.

Fuuka-Episode 8

Kind of bugged me that despite the fact there was pretty much a full blown riot happening inside the school, there wasn't a single member of staff nearby that tried to do anything, if there was a teacher there at all.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  13. DragonBlaze67

DragonBlaze67 Stand User

Maria Holic ep 8

14. BanzaiJedi

BanzaiJedi Pokémon Master

Ergo Proxy ep 13-14 (rewatch). Been rewatching this lately. Normally when I rewatch a series after five years my opinion of it is not as good as it once was. This is an exception. If anything I think I like it more now than I did back then, and I really rated it back then. Complex and ever-growing characters combined with a mysterious apocalyptic story makes this a series that is right up my street.

Neil.T likes this.
  15. Joe

Joe Student Council President

Everything after episode 12 is anime original.

16. IncendiaryLemon

I thought as much. Probably should've just left it a single cour in that case.

17. Sunshineabove

Sunshineabove Brigade Leader

Fuuka - Ep 8

The Seven Deadly Sins - Ep 1 - 4 (Season 2)

18. bailey1985

bailey1985 Straw Hat Pirate

Fuuka ep 7
    Tales of Zestiria ep 15 - 17
    Trickster ep 18
    Akiba's Trip ep 7
    Chaos Child ep 6

19. crashmatt

crashmatt Magical Girl

Fuuka ep 7
    Blue Submaritribe No6. complete
    - What a strange anime it almost feels experimental. Good in places but the characters are not great and the CGI has dated horribly

20. Professor Irony

Professor Irony Za Warudo

Black Jack (2004) ep2-3

Story-wise, more interesting than the first episode, but this is a long series and I don't know that I'd want to make a point of watching it straight through - I think it's something I'd rather dip in and out of . There is more overarcing continuity than I'd expected though, which is nice.