Your viewing journal

IncendiaryLemon

Captain Karen
AUKN Staff
A Certain Scientific Railgun-Episodes 9-14

After watching Show by Rock before this, with it's generic as hell villain, it is so refreshing to get an actual good antagonist in Railgun's first arc. Not only does she actually have a unique motivation for doing what she's doing, but she's also not this totally evil person, she's very much in this moral grey area. Considering I thought the story was weak at the start, I've done a total 180 and grown to really love this first arc. It built up some really great character stuff early on, then retroactively pulled all those seemingly individual episodes together into a great story, with a brilliant antagonist and really cool final fight. Hope the second arc can live up to the first.

Episode 13: Okay, for a swimsuit/beach episode, this was actually pretty decent. The 2001: A Space Odyssey reference caught me off guard.

Last edited:

bakum4tsu

Pokémon Master
Ah, I wondered whether it was based on a long-running manga. It sounds good. I'll look into it, and watch out for the film as well.

Thanks, man. You're very helpful. :)

There's also that pair of Gantz live-action films from a few years ago, isn't there? I heard that they made Kurono a "nicer" character, though, so I don't know if I'd like that. The brutal atmosphere and amoral characters are two of the big reasons why the anime works so well.

I wish they'd made more of the anime. I could've watched another 26 episodes of that easily. :D
Thanks, you're welcome. ;)

Yes there are 2 live action movies. Since you did enjoy the series, I would advise you to watch them, they arent anything wow but if you love Gantz, you don't loose anything in watching them. I enjoy them. They are quite cheap now if you want to buy them.

Neil.T

Chuunibyou
Yes there are 2 live action movies. Since you did enjoy the series, I would advise you to watch them, they arent anything wow but if you love Gantz, you don't loose anything in watching them. I enjoy them. They are quite cheap now if you want to buy them.
Nice. I'll have to check them out, then. :)

I would love for Gantz:O to make it over here,it's my favourite arc
Yeah, I hope so, too. Do you think Manga would take a shot at it, or would their lack of success with the CG Harlock film maybe put them off?

(Personally, I really enjoy Harlock.)

bakum4tsu

Pokémon Master
Nice. I'll have to check them out, then. :)

Yeah, I hope so, too. Do you think Manga would take a shot at it, or would their lack of success with the CG Harlock film maybe put them off?

(Personally, I really enjoy Harlock.)
I can easily see Manga UK bringing it over here.

IncendiaryLemon

Captain Karen
AUKN Staff
A Certain Scientific Railgun-Episodes 15-18

I'd love to know how much of this is made up of anime original stories, not adapted from the books. After around the halfway point, I can't help but feel it's been meandering a bit, with no new overarching story. Unless they do what they did with the first arc and tie everything into some larger arc somehow, but I'm not sure if they will or not, or even if they could. Perhaps this first season would've been better if it was only single cour.

Fuuka-Episode 8

Kind of bugged me that despite the fact there was pretty much a full blown riot happening inside the school, there wasn't a single member of staff nearby that tried to do anything, if there was a teacher there at all.

Last edited:

BanzaiJedi

Pokémon Master
Ergo Proxy ep 13-14 (rewatch). Been rewatching this lately. Normally when I rewatch a series after five years my opinion of it is not as good as it once was. This is an exception. If anything I think I like it more now than I did back then, and I really rated it back then. Complex and ever-growing characters combined with a mysterious apocalyptic story makes this a series that is right up my street.

Joe

Magical Girl
A Certain Scientific Railgun-Episodes 15-17

I'd love to know how much of this is made up of anime original stories, not adapted from the books. After around the halfway point, I can't help but feel it's been meandering a bit, with no new overarching story. Unless they do what they did with the first arc and tie everything into some larger arc somehow, but I'm not sure if they will or not, or even if they could. Perhaps this first season would've been better if it was only single cour.
Everything after episode 12 is anime original.

crashmatt

Death Scythe
Fuuka ep 7
Blue Submaritribe No6. complete
- What a strange anime it almost feels experimental. Good in places but the characters are not great and the CGI has dated horribly

Professor Irony

CYBER FUNKER
Black Jack (2004) ep2-3

Story-wise, more interesting than the first episode, but this is a long series and I don't know that I'd want to make a point of watching it straight through - I think it's something I'd rather dip in and out of . There is more overarcing continuity than I'd expected though, which is nice.