Your viewing journal

Little Busters-Episodes 13-15

This show is the definition of a mixed bag.

Fuuka-Episode 12 (Complete)

Real shame this show kinda nose dived in the last two episodes. Really want to read the manga to see if the whole deviation scenario plays out how it did in my head, which was a huge improvement over what was in the anime.

The Tatami Galaxy rewatch (episodes 5–8)

The identity of the cowboy in the opening sequence is revealed!

I think episodes 6 and 8 are scarily close to the mark.

Just finished a rewatch of K before i watch missing kings.

Got to say the ending was pretty powerful hope the film doesnt blow that emotional momentum

Nisemonogatari ep3-4

"Maybe this is too much like a sitcom?"
*Things actually start to happen*
"I miss it being a sitcom..."

I've seen screencaps of Kaiki before, but I didn't realise he turned up so early on or what his exact role would be, so that's kind of interesting. I also laughed aloud at that little Akira bike cut.

Nobunaga the Fool ep 10 - 13
My Hero Academia ep 1 - 3
Saekano How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend 1 - 3
Saga of Tanya the Evil ep 11
Fuuka ep 12
Akiba's Trip ep 12
Interview With Monster Girls ep 12
Rewrite ep 24

Capeta - Episodes 27 - 30

I'm beginning to lose interest in Capeta now, this race still isn't over (4 episodes and counting) and it's killing the pacing and any impact of the drama they're trying to portray.

Little Busters-Episodes 20-23

Things I didn't expect: Kud being kidnapped at gunpoint.

My Hero Academia-Episodes 3 and 4

Perhaps it's because I haven't gotten so far into it yet, but I don't think this is slow like other people said it was. It takes its time, but it doesn't really feel overly slow.

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU! - Episode 01

Following the recommendation of some people on AUKN's Discord, and following its mixed reaction, I gave SNAFU a try. I enjoyed it, but it has issues. It seems to understand its characters, especially Hachiman, on an intense, highly detailed level, yet veers intermittently between being far too subtle for it's own good and far too in your face for it's own good. The opening monologue contains some incredibly subtle details that I feel like will only be picked up on by those who relate specifically to Hachiman. Yet the cooking monologue from Yukino later on in the episode has all the subtlety of being bricked in the face. If you're picking up on these subtle relatable details in Hachiman, the show is highly relatable, however if you aren't, I can only imagine how painful the series must be. Much of the dialogue has this weird artificial quality, that if you can't relate to, probably makes the characters seem unlikable and insufferable, and there is a presumption you will relate specifically to each and all of Hachiman's previous romantic humiliations, even though most of the audience won't.

The first episode is a promising start, but provides potential for it to either way, especially if it pushes it's reliance on the audience relating to Hachiman too far, as it seems it might.

Ep 24 of Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season...I'm glad Gaelio survived the fight between him and McGillis. I hope Julieta dies in the last episode as she annoys the heck out of me but i bet she won't.
Ep 12 of Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season...really a month's wait until the last episode. They better make it amazing.

Back