Your viewing journal

Persona 3 The Movie: #4 Winter of Rebirth - I probably enjoyed this one the most out of the 4 tbh. It had some really nice individual character moments (although how abruptly they move on from them is pretty jarring), and although her screen time was criminally low, Elizabeth was as always an utter delight. The ending also still gets me in a weird way but with that said, the rushed nature of the films is really apparent here. I can't ever see me watching all 4 films again, but I'll probably watch this one again one day (which considering what I paid to import the BDs, is kinda depressing lol).

KonoSuba2 - Episode 10 - I actually watched this ages ago but I wanted to mention it so I could let everyone know that angry Wiz is best girl.

Last edited:
Metropolis (Blu-ray)

I mentioned this elsewhere, but I won a copy of Eureka!'s new double-play release of the film after entering a competition on UK Anime Network.

This is the first time I've seen the film on Blu-ray, and it really looks the part. The infamous "I can't stop loving you" scene is still heartbreaking to watch, and it's great to finally have a complete version of the film that includes the post-credits illustration that was missing from the previous DVD release. :D

The Eccentric Family s1 ep 1-4. Season two is starting soon, so it seems like a good time to try this out. It's clearly a comedy show and as such was always going to be hit or miss with me, and on this occasion I think it's a miss for me. I think it probably helps to have an understanding of japanese mythology, and without that I'm taking the story far too seriously to enjoy it (tanuki boss gets eaten by humans, and everyone just accepts it? What?). I'll keep watching but I don't think it will grow on me.
It can be a silly show at times but I don't think it's wrong to take it seriously. Maybe taking certain things too literally could be a problem, the show does have Humans, Tanuki and Tengu but they're all really just people who happen to have different backgrounds, experiences and beliefs (and they're still individuals too). You could perhaps get something extra out of the show with an understanding of Japanese mythology but I don't think it's necessary.

I'd say I mostly enjoyed the show for the character studies and family aspects, although I also enjoyed the examination of different cultural perspectives. Regarding the specific point you mentioned:
The Tanuki basically seem to have a different perspective on death and loss. They're used to being below others in the food chain and they generally don't believe in violence. They don't think it'd be worth it to attack and kill others just to stop some of them from occasionally being eaten, especially since such actions are likely to lead to more conflict and death overall.

It's not that they're happy to be eaten, but a non-violent response enables them to stick to their principles and keep casualties on both sides to a minimum. They can't necessarily stop others from choosing to eat them but they can choose how they respond to it.

That said, they're all individuals so they don't necessarily all deal with situations exactly the same and they don't necessarily agree on every point in their wider culture.
I think these issues are explored further later in the show, so hopefully you'll get something out of it by the end (it probably is also the kind of show that builds up characters and plot points to begin with and then ties things together later).

After putting anime on-hiatus, I'm now back to watching again.

Attack on Titan [Season 2] (Japanese audio) - Episode 1
My Hero Academia [Season 2] (Japanese audio) - Episode 1 + Recap episode

My Hero Academia episodes 13.5 and 14
Attack on Titan Season 2 episode 1 - HYPE!!!
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing episode 7
Dragon Maid episode 4
Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Saga episode 8

Goddamn - Episode 1

Rewatching ahead of a review on the podcast.

Capeta - Episodes 35 - 38

I'm finding Capeta a bit of a struggle now.

Ghost in the Shell (2017)

Not a masterpiece but I actually quite enjoyed it.

Attack on Titan S2 ep 1 - epic first episode
Granblue fantasy ep1 (rewatch) - Im really going to enjoy this show it looks great and I love the OST
Kubikiri Cycle ep 5 - Continues to be one of the most unique anime I've seen.

Last edited:
Knights of Sidonia Battle for planet nine episodes 5-12

The Tatami Galaxy episodes 1-3

Attack on Titan
episode 26

My Hero Academia Episode 14

First catalogue title I want to tackle since I started it back in late December but never bothered to finish it off:

Sound! Euphonium 2 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 2-5

Couldn't get AoT S2 to work on CR's iOS app, so just went back to

Nisemonogatari ep5-6

Rather glad that we were spared the sight of Araragi kissing Karen. I was also surprisingly glad when Senjougahara turned up again, I found her presence was beginning to grate in the early episodes of this series.

My Hero Academia Season 2: Episode 1 - BRAVOOO!!
Attack On Titan Season 2:
Episode 1 -
Mike's death was savage in the manga yet the anime knocked that up a notch, those screams. Beast Titan looked perfectly smooth-able, wonder what conditioner he uses.
Oh and best titan placement yet, so chill. That screencaps gonna get some usage.

Up to Episode 21 of GATE Much prefer when the show is more focused on the political intrigue between the Empire and Japan now than following Itami and Co on their endeavors, so much so that I get disappointed when the show goes away from the diplomacy aspect, but still i've quite enjoyed this.

Back