Your viewing journal

Alice and Zouroku-Episode 1

I decided to watch this based solely on the key art, thinking it was going to be some cutesy Slice of Life thing, so I was quite surprised to learn it's Green Lantern crossed with Elfen Lied. Well, if Green Lantern was a moe blob and if Elfen Lied wasn't made by edge lords. The grizzled old man and the small girl combo isn't exactly the most original thing, but I found the relationship between the two in this first episode to be enjoyable anyway, and I'm curious to see what exactly the do with it. I think that Kashimura having a grand daughter might come into play, but we shall see. Also, dunno if it was just me, but did anyone else think that Ume Aoki did the character designs for this? I looked it up and it's not, but the eyes on Sana and the other girls looked really like her work, at least her Hidamari Sketch and Madoka Magica stuff, I'm not overly familiar with her other works.

The Tatami Galaxy episodes 4-11 What a show, visually unique and very bizarre, but also original and a great blind buy from Anime Ltd

Sailor Moon episodes 24-34 Finally got around to continuing the series, it's quite enjoyable (besides skimming through the opening monologue every episode and the repeated transformations that is :p)

Eren no Basement Gaiden S2 ep1

Well, that was straight back in at the deep end - I'd forgotten how brutal AoT could be at times. I don't know if I want to follow it week to week though, I might just wait until a few episodes have built up, then burn it in bursts.

I Can't Understand What My Husband is Saying ep1-3

Needed something to take the edge off after AoT, so figured I'd give this a shot. It's pretty friggin' adorable.

My Hero Academia - Episode 14 - Twaz okay I guess.

Attack on Titan - Episode 26 - That was an episode of Attack on Titan alright.....As someone who is anime only, what? lol.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - Episode 50 [Final]

That wrapped up the series pretty well, I enjoyed IBO but it felt more like something like Vifam than a Gundam show though.

Goddamn - Episode 2 [Final]

My views haven't changed on this, still an odd one!

Capeta - Episode 39

Metropolis (Blu-ray extras)

+

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (season 1, episode 13)
"Someday in the Rain"

An episode about not much happening still manages to be one of my favourite episodes of Haruhi. How do KyoAni do it?

Granblue Fantasy-Episodes 1 and 2

I must say, I am rather dissapointed in these first two episodes. I dunno what I was really expecting, but whilst it wasn't bad, there was nothing at all gripping me or holding my interest. The setting is kinda generic fantasy and Gran just seems dull as dishwater, although Lyria is kinda cute. Unfortunately, that's not really enough. I also found the general colour scheme to be really unappealing. They've gone for this really subdued kinda look that makes it look like Sword Art Online via Zack Snyder, it's kinda just boring to look at. Although, saying that, it did get a fair bit brighter at the end, perhaps the dull colours were supposed to be symbolic of Gran's mundane life, and how him embarking on this adventure is now making his life brighter or something. That, or I'm reading too far into it. Anyway, I'm not planning to drop this quite yet, as it's still very early days, but it's doing practically nothing to impress me yet.

Sailor Moon episodes 35-46
Will be watching the second season sailor Moon R next

Last edited:
Gran just seems dull as dishwater,
Gran (and Djeela, the female version), the player-character in the game is basically a silent protagonist. Not surprised they end up being a little dull in the anime since I'm guessing they didn't go the Persona 4 route and make them swagtacular.

Back