Your viewing journal

Clockwork Planet-Episode 1

Quite like the premise of this one and the somewhat unique world it has, although I am slightly worried it won't utilize this to it's fullest extent. The ecchi stuff I could see turning some people off, but to me, it was over the top and self aware enough to be enjoyable, but I'm hoping it doesn't become too distracting. Another bugbear was that I thought this just looked really cheap. The CGI was actually pretty good for once, but the general quality of animation was below average, in my opinion. I haven't seen much of Xebec's stuff before, only Keijo and a bit of Shaman King, but I do hope they try a little harder for Full Metal Panic S4, otherwise I'm quite worried, especially given the amazing job KyoAni did on The Second Raid.

C8wfWV4XgAIwl9o.jpg

Sound! Euphonium 2
(Japanese audio) - Episodes 10-13 (Complete)

Clockwork Planet-Episode 1

Quite like the premise of this one and the somewhat unique world it has, although I am slightly worried it won't utilize this to it's fullest extent. The ecchi stuff I could see turning some people off, but to me, it was over the top and self aware enough to be enjoyable, but I'm hoping it doesn't become too distracting. Another bugbear was that I thought this just looked really cheap. The CGI was actually pretty good for once, but the general quality of animation was below average, in my opinion. I haven't seen much of Xebec's stuff before, only Keijo and a bit of Shaman King, but I do hope they try a little harder for Full Metal Panic S4, otherwise I'm quite worried, especially given the amazing job KyoAni did on The Second Raid.
I thought it was a decent start, though it felt a tad rushed compared to the light novel. I like the character designs though.

Clockwork Planet, Ep. 1 - the anime does seem more suggestive than the manga, and it leaves some stuff out (albeit possibly minor), but it is still fun to watch.

Sakura Quest ep1

This was okay, I guess - I liked it enough to want to watch the next episode. It seems pretty apparent that we're heading for a riff on the imperial court, with the queen, her champions, her minstrel, and so on, which is kind of a cute idea, but I get the impression it'll probably be too gentle for my liking.

Clockwork Planet 1
DROPPED
What the f...
It started okay then got all Ecchi in the second half too much Salvia showing boobs. Making the "master" joke so much i was sick of it.
So again like Keijo Dropped for over stupid fanservice though This time i wasn't expecting it (Due to me being told little to none in vol 1 of the manga)
XEBEC I really really am scared how they will do FMP IV they will be compared to KyoAni after all.

Sailor Moon R episodes 77-89 A pretty good series, found the kid to be annoying but other than that it's good fun 4/5

Boruto: Naruto next Generations episode 1

Tokko episodes 1-2

Last edited:
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Episodes 12 - 13 [Complete]

These episodes certainly touched a nerve. What a show that was, after much deliberation (as seen in the appropriate thread), I've decided to push this to the top of my Winter 2017 Favourites list.

My Hero Academia, Episodes 5 - 6

Clockwork Planet: Epsiode 1 - Picked this up as my boyfriend was interested and boy after that sudden lewd he's certainly proud of his seasonal choice. Personally I found some of the animation jarring, especially when followed up by that fantastic clockwork CGI. I'm with Lemon when it comes to the world & premise, do hope that's something they explore.
Interested in the LN given comments, only the Manga versions been licensed right?

Clockwork Planet EP 1 - I like the premise of this show the first 10 mins were a mess but it did settle down all be it with some random lewdness thrown in. Im going to stick with it and see where it goes

Granblue Fantasy ep 1-2 - I really enjoyed this show. Its typical JRPG story is really appealing, I'm not expecting anything innovative or new just a good old fashioned adventure. It also has a fantastic OST

Tsugumono ep1 - Its a shame this has not had an official licence yet ep1 was fun though a bit silly

Renei Boukun ep 1 - This series seems to be on speed, I'm not quite sure what to make of it. Its quite trashy but could end up fun? It also has a hardcore Yandere

Sakura Quest ep1 - I'm on the fence with this it was a bit dull in places but as with most PA Works shows I think it will get better

Bousu Shoujo Machiavellianism ep 1 - possible the stupidest show of the season. Weapons in a school? fighting with swords and trying to main / Insure your opponent? Only in Japan . I quite like the MC so will stick with it

Tsuki Ga Kirei ep 1 - A nice surprise a slow moving romance that doesn't seem forced. My only issue is some terrible CG background characters. Give it a try people!

Attack on Titan S2 ep 1 - Loved every second of it the lack on Eren in this episode helped as well

For those worried about Xebec please watch Space battleship Yamato 2199 and you can see what they are capable of when they try.

Berserk (2016) Recap

Boy, even by recap standards this was rushed and bordering on incomprehensible. This needed another 10 minutes added on to the running time, if not more. When most shows have feature length movies for recaps, trying to cram 12 episodes into 24 minutes just ain't going to work on any level.

Berserk (2017)-Episodes 1 and 2

No time was wasted here getting back into the weird and messed up stuff. Farnese's backstory was certainly something else, and I'm super interested in why Guts is suddenly going beast mode. Wasn't expecting Griffith to show up so soon, but I'm glad he did. The Zodd fight was pretty great too. Oh, and notch another one on the Casca rape counter. That really does happen too often...

Hinako Note-Episode 1

Adorable and hilarious, this was the most up my alley thing ever. Definitely will be the show this season I fall in love with that barely no one else will watch.

Last edited:
My Hero Academia Season 2-Episode 2

When Deku said that the sports festival wasn't for another 2 weeks, I let out a massive internal groan, but then I got super hyped when it chose to do a training montage and get straight into it. Very relieved! Anyway, the sports event seems like it's going to be a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to seeing the variety of events and some creative power use.

Attack on Titan Season 2-Episode 2

I was incredibly worried that all the backstory for Sasha was going to be a huge death flag, but luckily she's looking safe for now. I've always had a lot of love for her, so it would really hurt to see her axed. As well as giving her backstory, I thought this episode really highlighted the development she's gone through. I mean, compare how she was in the aftermath of Trost to her actions in this episode (her shoving that arrow into the titan's eye was incredibly bad ass) and you can really see an arc, and I was super happy to see her get even more fleshed out here. Oh, and that Christa bit was adorable as hell. I really feel this show needs more Christa, whenever she's on screen, she's just really adorable and endearing, but she very rarely is on screen.

Eromanga Sensei-Episode 1

Wow, this really is just OreImo 2.0. At least the first scene in this show showed the author learned from his troubles at the end of OreImo. Oh well, it seems just different enough, to where I think they could do something new with it, I think the whole trauma thing could be interesting, but this whole first episode was pretty much just screaming "THIS IS OREIMO AGAIN". Hell, they even got ClariS back!

With Eromanga Sensei picked up, I have no gotten all of my Spring pick ups, and boy what a busy season it is. I've got 9 different shows on the go, which I'm pretty sure is a record high for me, as I normally don't tend to go over 4 or 5. Now I just hope I can keep up! For those wondering, I've picked up:

• Alice and Zouroku
  • Attack on Titan Season 2
  • Berserk (2017)
  • Clockwork Planet
  • Eromanga Sensi
  • Granblue Fantasy
  • Hinako Note
  • My Hero Academia Season 2
  • Sakura Quest

Last edited:
Berserk (2017) ep13-14

Huh, it's been so long since I've read the manga that I'd actually forgotten Serpico was Farnese's half-brother.

Dat saxophone though.

My Hero Academia - Episode 15 - Another episode I would consider to be okay. I look forward to seeing what's gonna go down at this event but these first two episodes haven't really done it for me (not saying they're bad, just not great).

Attack On Titan - Episode 27 - Me this episode - "Please don't kill Sasha, Please don't kill Sasha, Please don't kill Sasha, Please don't kill Sasha, Please don't ki- YOOOOOO LET'S GO YA MAGNIFICENT B******!!!" :p the whole bit with the bow was pretty awesome tbh. I enjoyed this episode quite a bit, it's funny as I was really looking forward to MHA and pretty meh on AoT season 2 but turns out I'm finding MHA meh and AoT great (although I'm sure MHA will pick up).

Last edited:
Back