Your viewing journal

Fairy Tail: Phoenix Priestess (English Dub) - Film

Despite haven't watching the series nor read the manga, I liked this film. I'll collect the parts in my next batch sometime in April.

Yesterday I watched:
Psycho Pass - Episodes 9 - 11 (Dub)
K - Episodes 1 - 11 (Dub)

I really like the dub for K to the point that I'd put it right up there with Tiger & Bunny's dub. Viz seem to have a knack for getting these right.

Space Dandy ep9

Certainly seen some mixed reactions to this episode, but I rather liked it. The writing wasn't the strongest we've seen from the show, but there was some nice characterisation for the sentient plants and the vast array of psychedelic imagery was pretty nifty.

In hindsight, I'm starting to wonder if the whole thing was intended to be a hallucenogen trip though - Dandy seemed really out of it in this one.

Space Dandy 10
A brilliant episode that certainly makes up for last week's.
Also, I find it hilarious that time loop occurred on...the 8th

Last edited by a moderator:
Space Dandy 10

HAHAHA

The number 8 on that calendar sent horrible chills down my spine the second it showed up, so thank heavens the narrator snapped the crew out of it. Going to "Wahoo Answers" for the ultimate solution cracked me up. I also just looked up that metal part that Meow's Dad makes, which just made this episode even better. Nicely heartfelt ending too.

This episode also comes nicely timed as a tribute to Groundhog Day and Harold Ramis. R.I.P. :(

So yeah, definitely my favourite episode yet. I love the way Space Dandy constantly surprises me every week. Whether it's bonkers comedy (ep 4's zombies), touching storytelling (ep 5) or dreamy psychadelic art extravaganzas (ep 9), there's always something to look forward to. More than anything, it's a great showcase of what Bones can do creatively, which is why they are my favourite Japanese animation studio.

Last edited by a moderator:
K - Episodes 12 & 13 (Dub)

Also took a dive into some of the extras - of which there's actually a fair amount.
Taking into account the Dub, On Disc Extras, the very nice sturdy artbox and the Artbook, Viz really did put all the effort in to make sure this was a really great release - especially when you consider this has the same RRP as a standard Sentai release/Funimation LE.

Back