Your viewing journal

Kill La Kill episode 21

Quite a few times during the episode I thought Mako was going to be killed. Not convinced that Nui is dead.

Space Dandy episode 10

Big return to form after last week's rather poor episode.

Last edited by a moderator:
Space Dandy ep10

Not sure if I'd quite rate it as my favourite episode, but that was still a good one. Certainly did not expect them to squeeze in a little reference to Takashi Miike's Dead or Alive with Dandy pulling the bazooka like that.

Apparently the enemy mech in the pre-credit sequence is also the Ideon. With it being referenced lately in Kill la Kill and now this, I feel I really ought to watch that.

Buddy Complex - Episode 10

I still think this is a very average mecha show.

Gunbuster - Episode 1 (Blu-ray)

A classic in every way.

Nagi no Asukara ep 22.
Nobunaga the Fool ep 9. Well, he's certainly confident. Lots more battles to come.
Tonari no Seki-kun ep 10. Looks like someone has the wrong idea about those two. Or not.

animefreak17 said:
Gun buster is pretty good but die buster is gurren lagann good......you can tell by its animation but I haven't seen the series only the movie so il have to give it a watch

Again, I'll have to disagree as I don't think Diebuster is anywhere as good as Gurren Lagann, don't confuse animation quality with writing quality. I've only seen the series not the movies, but personally, I think Diebuster lacks the creativity and writing depth of Gunbuster and lacks anything in scale of Gunbuster's final episode although I will say Diebuster does have some of the best animation I ever seen.

Orgun said:
animefreak17 said:
Gun buster is pretty good but die buster is gurren lagann good......you can tell by its animation but I haven't seen the series only the movie so il have to give it a watch

Again, I'll have to disagree as I don't think Diebuster is anywhere as good as Gurren Lagann, don't confuse animation quality with writing quality. I've only seen the series not the movies, but personally, I think Diebuster lacks the creativity and writing depth of Gunbuster and lacks anything in scale of Gunbuster's final episode although I will say Diebuster does have some of the best animation I ever seen.
That's what I mean it's animations gurren lagann good but it's writing isn't good as gurren lagann but I still enjoyed it but gun buster has good writing but the animations aged but it's classy.

I agree with Orgun here. I rate Gunbuster (the series) around 9 or 10 while Diebuster is 7 or 8. If I were to rank the three series it, Gunbuster would be top followed by Gurren Lagann then Diebuster. Gunbuster would be in my top ten while Diebuster would not make my top 20. As for the Gunbuster and Diebuster movies, I would knock a mark off as they are not as good as the series.

As for my own viewing,
Guilty Crown Episode 21

mangaman74 said:
I agree with Orgun here. I rate Gunbuster (the series) around 9 or 10 while Diebuster is 7 or 8. If I were to rank the three series it, Gunbuster would be top followed by Gurren Lagann then Diebuster. Gunbuster would be in my top ten while Diebuster would not make my top 20. As for the Gunbuster and Diebuster movies, I would knock a mark off as they are not as good as the series.

As for my own viewing,
Guilty Crown Episode 21

Again I haven't seen the series only the movie so il give it a watch .........il take your word for it because the movie was alright but since the movie is missing loads of stuff from the series il take ya word for it.

Attack on Titan eps 1 and 2. Figured I should finally start watching it before the Titan themed March Loot Crate ships. Also so I recognise the AoT cosplayers at Kitacon because there will probably be quite a few :p

I'm pretty much in line with mangaman74 in terms of ratings and rankings for the three shows, although I'd say that Diebuster is more a 6 out of 10 for me, but otherwise spot-on.

Nobunaga the Fool - Episode 9

Gunbuster - Episodes 2 & 3

The tension of Noriko's space battle scene in episode 3 is a great demonstration of how well written and directed this show is, and why Gunbuster deserves it's cult status.

Back