Your viewing journal

Finished a rewatch of the Sakura Wars OVA series. It ends well with Sakura's character development, but as a cross medium experience it pays to know the franchise.

Captain Tsubasa episode 32,wow i,m so happy to see this has been picked up by another fansub group,thought it was gone forever,they,ve got a long way to go considering the series is 128 episodes but i,ll be waiting with baited breath for each new episode.

Finished my re-watch of A Certain Scientific Railgun so I could actually watch the first episode of Railgun S in context, that was a waste of time, having to endure the second half of that series.
Joshiraku OVA, I must have missed this the first time round and I'd forgotten how good this series was.
Watched Paprika as well for the first time. Loved the parade.

Oreimo S2 1-5: I dunno, man. The direction taken by the last couple of episodes has left me with a sense of unease. I'm fine and dandy with incest if it's played entirely straight or entirely for laughs, but there's something about the way things are being done here that I am not liking at all. Otherwise it's been a fairly meh start to the season. The first episode felt like it was edited together from bits of the first couple of episodes of S1, with Kirino's bitch-o-meter reset to its highest setting; the second, while occasionally amusing, focused on the only character more loathsome than Kirino; and the third... was actually pretty decent, sister slap melodrama aside. Needs more Kuroneko, preferably without the spectre of Kirino looming large over any romance between her and the increasingly creepy Kyousuke.

why am i still watching this ;_;

Last edited by a moderator:
fabricatedlunatic said:
Oreimo S2 1-5:

why am i still watching this ;_;

I am in the same boat. If it helps, I found the next episode a substantial improvement, though I'm still not buying the eventual home video release unless something truly incredible happens. I didn't even like episode three, and the two after that were just...

R

Kyatto Ninden Teyandee episodes 36-45,Nearly reaching the end of this classic(only 9 episodes left).I have not laughed this hard in a long time,yeah its not groundbreaking and its just plain silly but that is what it set out to do and for that i salute it.

robot monkey said:
Street Fighter II The Movie

Had this on VHS, DVD & now Blu Ray.

The animation holds up pretty well more so than the sound track which is very much of its age.

Likewise, I've owned on all three formats as well, looking forward to watching this at the weekend.

Back