Your viewing journal

K-On! Movie (Sub)

I've been wanting to watch this for a while now but never got around to watching it when the Japanese BDs were released. Thankfully unlike they usually do, Sentai appear to have the Japanese masters here since they use 46gigs of the BD50. The movie itself looks gorgeous - even better than the TV series, and I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. I felt that the ending was a bit of a rush though, but to be honest I wouldn't know of a better way to end it.

I'm just thankful that the K-On! movie is one of the oddities in Sentai's quality pattern lately and doesn't have any issues with it (Other than the Japanese audio track being labelled as English). Even the quality of their on disc trailers are horrible as of late, with 1080i video and muddy audio.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Mangaranga said:
I'm just thankful that the K-On! movie is one of the oddities in Sentai's quality pattern lately and doesn't have any issues with it.
Well, there are a couple of minor translation issues /o\

I really need to get around to buying the K-ON movie myself. Not seen S2 of the TV series yet though.
Okay then, let's make that "doesn't have any outright obvious issues with it".
It didn't really affect my viewing of the movie so it's not so bad.

I'm trying to watch Colorful at the moment but I dislike both the English and Japanese dubs.
The art style is also pretty annoying since we have a 2010 film with 2010 backgrounds, but the characters look like they are from Lain.
The occasional dodgy CG isn't helping either. So overall it's not really easy on the eyes or ears so far.

Railgun S e.5 - Punches pulled in this ep: ZERO.

Professor Irony said:
Greenmeido said:
Make sure you at least watch episode 3.

Well, I certainly didn't expect that...
psyduck.png
Best smiley choice possible.

Colorful (Movie)

I switched between English and Japanese audio for the first 50 minutes of the film and I doubt I'll ever say this again, but I didn't really like the JP dub, and actually found the Sentai Dub more tolerable - which is saying something since Greg Ayres voices the MC.
The film was pretty good and the backgrounds looked very nice, however the people looked like they were taken out of Lain.
My only complaint here is with the encode. The film itself is only around 15gb on disc - that's 15gb for just over two hours of video. For the most part it's passable, but there are points in the film where it looks like there are artifacts on the characters themselves which are more noticable due to the simple character designs. There is also a scene near the end of the film which is like watching a bad stream where it's like the image is re-focusing.

Overall I found Colorful to be pretty enjoyable, not bad for a blind buy of something I'd never even heard of before.

Mangaranga said:
I switched between English and Japanese audio for the first 50 minutes of the film and I doubt I'll ever say this again, but I didn't really like the JP dub, and actually found the Sentai Dub more tolerable - which is saying something since Greg Ayres voices the MC. .
2053y3p.png

Mangaranga said:
Colorful (Movie)

I switched between English and Japanese audio for the first 50 minutes of the film and I doubt I'll ever say this again, but I didn't really like the JP dub, and actually found the Sentai Dub more tolerable - which is saying something since Greg Ayres voices the MC.
The film was pretty good and the backgrounds looked very nice, however the people looked like they were taken out of Lain.
My only complaint here is with the encode. The film itself is only around 15gb on disc - that's 15gb for just over two hours of video. For the most part it's passable, but there are points in the film where it looks like there are artifacts on the characters themselves which are more noticable due to the simple character designs. There is also a scene near the end of the film which is like watching a bad stream where it's like the image is re-focusing.

Overall I found Colorful to be pretty enjoyable, not bad for a blind buy of something I'd never even heard of before.
I loved Colorful,one of my fave films these past few years,really happy Sentai released it,it was one of those movies i thought would be lost in fansub limbo forever,i hope it does well for them as i,d love to see Keiichi Hara,s 2007 movie Summer Days with Coo get a dvd/blu-ray release at some point as it is a beautiful film and i think it would have more general appeal than Colorful.

Ian Wolf said:
animefreak17 said:
Ian Wolf said:
FMA: Brotherhood Ep. 27-52.
you watched how many today

Well, there's not that much to do on a Sunday and there was something of an anime backlog that needed clearing.

true but isn't it better to watch a few each day say 4-5, savour what you've watched and then wait til tomorrow to watch the same amount, but hey you watch how many you want but thats just me,

Possibly. One of the problems with me is that I'm the sort of person who likes to watch series per disc. As these Blu-Ray collections have nine episodes on one disc you have to devote a lot of time to them, and the weekends are the days in which you have the most free time.

Having said this, I've already read all of the FMA manga so I know pretty much what happens anyway.

I know that there are certain anime that you should not watch in one straight go, or indeed per disc, but one episode at a time (the Endless Eight being a prime example). It all depends on the content, length, quality etc.

yeah i agree its like me the other day-

I got my chores done
done my papers
then watched a anime

thing is after watching it iv got nothing else to do, on the other hand i could rewatch a anime or two.

but yeah it depends on what you said length, quality, ect ect

like those hour long episode series like broken blade, or 13 episode series, OVAs, so yeah i understand that,

im getting HOTD blu-ray............ yay, im going to watch 2 a night for a rewatch * HOTD is a night anime

Well after watching FMA I started reading the novel of The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya in then end I just shift from one medium to another.

Kyatto Ninden Teyandee episodes 26-35,So many laugh out moments in this show,this is no nonsense slap-stick comedy anime at its best,i,ve been stuck in the bed with flu these past few day so watching this has helped cheer me right up,classic stuff.

Ian Wolf said:
Well after watching FMA I started reading the novel of The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya in then end I just shift from one medium to another.

iv been reading soul eater and to be honest i like it, damned you anime adaptations,

tomorrow

the last disc of boxset 10 of bleach

Back