Your viewing journal

I havn't watched any Bleach in ages so i've gotten so out of the loop with it, and low and behold, now that i'm around 30 episodes behind i hear that it's gone back to none filler story :shock: .
So anyway i'm skipping the rest of the filler(for now anyway), and i've decided i need a refresher session, so i've started re-watching it from where i finished re-watching it before (lol), this morning 34-39 :)

I've recently been watching SHE The Ultimate Weapon the story hasn't progressed very much over the 2 volumes that I have seen, but it's not bad (I don't usually watch emotionally anime, but I thought I would give it a chance, I haven't been disappointed :D )

I'm also half way through Evangelion I really like it, but I already know what is going to happen (I think) because I keep hearing spoilers because people think I have already watched the series :x so it's taking some of the enjoyment out of the series :cry:

Been bedridden with a flu lately, which has given me a bit of time to catch up with some of this stuff.

Finished Ouran High School Host Club. Great series. Also the extra episode for Rescue Wings which was quite touching and rounded out the series well. Watched the movie Giniro no Kami no Agito which while sensational to look at was about as subtle as a brick to the face. Watched ep 11 of Animal Yokocho always a classic.

The star attraction lately though was teh first episode of Nodame Cantabile. Its a great manga and a good first episode (shades of Honey & Clover, except without the seriousness).

Watched the first episode of the Freedom OVA - Katsushiro Otomo new work, which explains the gorgeous visuals and the Akira-look-a-likes. Good potential here, but this ep is only establishing the setting.

Re-watched Monster, Looonnng! But oh so worth it, even better second time around when you know more about whats going on.

I really can't recommend this series enough. A brilliant multi-layered and complex story, thats as thoughtful as it is emotional. Can't believe its not licenced. :(

Hmm. I watched the first 2 episodes of Soukou no Strain. This one looks interesting, while waiting for more, I started into Code Geass. I heard it was camp as christmas, but its sunrise anime so you always have to give them a shot. Was plenty surprised, its still camp as hell, but it is very well done and its budget is astounding. Mecha fights are a sight to behold, and the story itself is actually really engaging. The lead, in full megalomania mode seems very artificial, but most of the other characters are very solid indeed. Bonus points for giving the bad guys the best mecha.

Also watched the single episode Hotori ~ Tada Saiwai wo Koinegau. Man that was rough. Very very good, but this is Grave of the Fireflies tragic. When right at the start you see 2 10-year-olds exercising a suicide pact you know you are in for a rough ride. It is very well written, and the interplay of the 2 leads is excellent, but the short duration amplifies the intensity. Its good stuff, but be prepared for it.

I'm currently rewatching disc #3 of Tenjho Tenge for review purposes now that uni commitments are (temporarily) out of the way. I'm actually noticing a decent plot emerging now that I'm watching it the second time around - it's actually not half bad for what it is!

Laughing Manji said:
Been bedridden with a flu lately, which has given me a bit of time to catch up with some of this stuff.

Finished Ouran High School Host Club. Great series. Also the extra episode for Rescue Wings which was quite touching and rounded out the series well. Watched the movie Giniro no Kami no Agito which while sensational to look at was about as subtle as a brick to the face. Watched ep 11 of Animal Yokocho always a classic.

The star attraction lately though was teh first episode of Nodame Cantabile. Its a great manga and a good first episode (shades of Honey & Clover, except without the seriousness).

Watched the first episode of the Freedom OVA - Katsushiro Otomo new work, which explains the gorgeous visuals and the Akira-look-a-likes. Good potential here, but this ep is only establishing the setting.

I've been bedridden for the past three days, and yesterday began watching Ouran. I'm now at episode 11. It is a fantastic series, I'm really enjoying it :D.

adamcube said:
I've been bedridden for the past three days, and yesterday began watching Ouran. I'm now at episode 11. It is a fantastic series, I'm really enjoying it :D.
Hoorah, another Host Club fan, i know it quickly became one of my favourite series when i first watched it, happily i also found it has great re-watchability :).

Yesterday i re-watched Bleach episodes 40-46, and today episodes 47-59. I think if i hurry up and download it i might also actually watch the filler i was going to skip

Today I watched Naruto 217 (filler is finally good :D I've missed Gaara, my 2nd fave character), Le Chevalier d'Eon ep 13, Witch Hunter Robin eps 5-8 and Ginga Nagareboshi Gin ep 7 (Gin finally talks :D, along with John and the other dogs).

random_pie said:
I've recently been watching SHE The Ultimate Weapon the story hasn't progressed very much over the 2 volumes that I have seen, but it's not bad (I don't usually watch emotionally anime, but I thought I would give it a chance, I haven't been disappointed :D )
The last disc will finish everything off... in a manner that befits the series. Was going to say 'nicely' but that would be wrong. Stick with it and have the hankies ready.

Started and finished Generator Gawl and wasn't disappointed. It isn't art, it's entertainment and fairly mindless at that, but for a Friday night after a long dull week at work it was prefect.

Planetes Vol 6, what a warm fuzzy ending. Everybody doesn't die, reality is not reshaped and it round off almost all the loose threads Am i missing something here? Don't get me wrong i liked it and may invest in the series after renting it (nice to see a real science in a sci fi show and that people can work out wearing skirts in zero g is a bad idea), it's just the ending is a bit of a mind job.

Gundam Seed Destiny Vol. 1... haven't i seen this already? Powerful prototypes nicked, new warship filled with noobs, creepy weirdo in a mask, orb guy with the most powerful gundam. I mean this just seems so familiar, just can place it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Slow night last night so only watched Busou Renkin 15, Macross Plus 3 & 4, Seven Swords, and Crank.

But over the weekend I have watched about 12-15 hours of anime and way too many different animes to list (plus its 6am and my head is too fuzzy to remember them all)

Re-watched a bit more Bleach, up to episode 63 now. Also i watch Intersella 5555 last night. I don't know if i like much of the music past the first couple of songs, but it was really great finally watching the whole thing, after watching just the first 3 parts (never managed to see the 4th) on MTV years ago

Taiyo no Mokushiroku/Spirit of the Sun part 1 - I am a big fan of Kaiji Kawaguchi's style of thought-provoking political drama and this was a great piece. Looking forward to part 2.

Soukou no Strain up to ep 8. This is Okay, keeps me entertained while I am waiting for new Code Geass episodes.

Starting to get back into Kanon now while I am deciding on a new series.

Back