Your viewing journal

Fruits Basket disc 3 – there’s a couple of episodes where the plot seems to drift a little, but then this series has never been about any major plot line, much more about getting little insights into each of the character’s past and their interactions with each other in the present.
You get some gems in amongst the 7 episodes here that you come to expect of this series; there’s the teary encounter between Tohru and Momiji when he shares some of the truth behind his past, the touching meeting of Tohru and the adorable Kisa, a funny episode featuring the clash between Yuki’s fan-club-girls and ‘vibe-girl’ Saki perhaps amongst the highlights.

Last Exile disc 2 – this is building up slowly; there’s a lot of stuff going on that needs further explanation, but the episodes are fun whilst the plot unfolds. You have a good range of characters all of which are nicely defined and all playing a role in the larger scheme of things – I can only say I’m looking forward to further episodes of this…

Watched My Neighbour Totorro for the first time today. Lovely film. Very good to watch, particulary after the poor birthday I had yesterday.

RahXephon disc 2 – the plot’s thickening, slowly unfolding, one of the two, or both if that’s possible.
After the impressive opening 4 episodes on the first disc here we get a couple slightly more straight-forward battle/conflict episodes and then two that delve a bit more into the characters again - they even slip a beach trip in there which was a slight surprise for a more sci-fi based story (albeit earth based), but they thankfully steer clear of any blatant excuses for fanservice.
All the characters are nicely drawn and realised; there’s a whole array of easy-on-the-eye female characters for any fanboy to no doubt have their favourite, for what ever reason I seemed to have developed a soft-spot for ‘Miss’ Haruka - guess it makes watching that little bit less of a chore :wink:
I can’t quite think what is on offer for any potential fangirls – but then I guess it is, generally speaking, tilted more in the shounen direction – for all I know maybe the handsome young lead character of Ayato is enough…? :?
But less of the nonsense, its all about the story...still lots of mystery floating about, plot unravelling/thickening/stirring, characters to develop and questions to be answered – taking shape nicely – roll on more episodes…

Most recent animè viewings purchases for me have been The Cat Returns and Whisper Of The Heart. Both wonderful films as far as I'm concerned.

Finishing off lots of things at the moment.
Aishiteruze Baby- so cute you'll almost puke, but with enough bite and character to make it watchable. Nice open ending.
The Third: Aoi Hitomi no Shoujo- ... good but. Enjoyable but there were a few niggly things mainly the lead charcter felt like a Mary Sue, she was a little too perfect, also while the arced story line was well done it lacked any kind of point. Felt like a section form a much longer ongoing series, or sections from a recurring series (like in 2000 AD).
Beating Angel Dokuro-chan- dumb fun of the highest order. Make little to no sense, and over relies on one character beating other to death with a metal baseball bat with spikes, but enjoyable (especially when drunk)
May review above given time and the right mood. Also continuing on Amazon rentals
Planetes Vol 4 - Well saw that coming a mile away the relationship between the two of them. not quite sure where it is all going though. The preview of the next episode is also a bit nasty to leave hanging until next DVD.
Bento Box- Area 88 looked interesting, wasn't sure if it was any good looked a little retro, but worth investigating. Gilgamesh however hasn't grabbed me.
Trying to watch Naruto vol 2, but it just irritates me. Mainly due to the Hugglestones thought that enthusiasm and optimisism can achieve the same things and planning and hard work (and body armour). Prize for whoever get the reference.

Last edited by a moderator:
My second disc of Speed Grapher is a satisfying continuation to the 'my camera makes people's heads explode' theme of disc 1 and while the social commentary is laid on with a trowel its lack of subtlety is made up for the intriguing story and undeniable sense of style (I'd put money on the creative team being the same bunch who are working on Welcome to the NHK). The Limited Edition's packaging is damned fine too.

Samurai X and Ghost In The Shell: 2nd GIG... I thought it wouldn't be that good compared to the 1st GIG. Thank God I was wrong
:D :D :D
I've been saving Cowboy Bebop for a while as I haven't yet seen it. It had better be good, I've been looking forward to this for sometime.

Fafner - Up to End of episode 6. Hmm... Going to have to bone up on Wagner's ring cycle, no body and early in the series to loose a character completely, so unless they are trying to say 'We are different from Rahxephon/Eva/Ideon, we'll kill off anyone' Which just means for me i won't get attached to anyone, or as i call it 'Battle Royale syndrome' other than that the plot similarity to other super robot series is disturbing and the visual similarities to Gundam Seed make me expect pink haired princesses to drop from the sky. Curious to see how it goes.
Zero no Tsukaima Damn was that predictable, mind you seen 3webcomics, and read 2 books (all western) with the same premise. Fun though, especially some of the subtle pokes at Harry Potter. Hoping in the next series he gets it together with Siesta never liked tsundere characters like Louise.
Code Geas still rocks, Pumpkin Scissors is finally getting moving, Midori Days was ... meh, predictable fluff, but enjoyable in small doses. Trying to get over the standard beginning 'embarrassment hump' in Generator Grwal. and have given up on Sumomomo Momomo as its just too damn formulaic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished watched My Tenchi Muyo OVA 1 and 2 boxset today. (Well ok it was 2 o'clock this morning, but technically that's still this morning. :p )

You know I honestly forgot how much I loved this anime. (And I also forgot just how much of it Ryoko spent naked, and how cute Ryo-Ohki is. lol )

Now I really want to see the Tench OVA 3. (Even if they have changed some of the voices. :( )

Tasker said:
Finished watched My Tenchi Muyo OVA 1 and 2 boxset today. (Well ok it was 2 o'clock this morning, but technically that's still this morning. :p )

You know I honestly forgot how much I loved this anime. (And I also forgot just how much of it Ryoko spent naked, and how cute Ryo-Ohki is. lol )

Now I really want to see the Tench OVA 3. (Even if they have changed some of the voices. :( )

no you don't trust me lol

Tonight will be:

Worlds Sttongest Deciple Kenichi 4 - 6
Pumpkin Scissors - 13
D.Grey Man - 13
Zoids Genesis - 37 - 38
Black lagoon series 2 - 23 and 24
Ah my goddess Series 2 - 19 - 22
Busou Renkin 11

Its a slow anime night tonight at work as I really wanna get some sleep

Back