Your viewing journal

animefreak17 said:
Mr Vile said:
Dragonball Z - season 9, disc 6

My DBZ portion of my Dragonball franchise marathon is over. Next up Dragonball GT.
You have my sympathies fellow DBZ fan

Oh I quite like DBGT. It's got things I don't like, but enough that I do like to make watching it enjoyable. The Baby Saga is actually pretty cool, the two Saga's either side aren't so good, but it's watchable.

Coppelion 01 - I liked it, I can also really see why they delayed the airing of it as it hits close to home.
About to watch Mardock Scramble - The Third Exhaust, Been eagerly waiting for it!

Kyoukai no Kanata - Episode 1

The first episode left a good impression so I will definitely be following this, and It looks absolutely gorgeous too.
I haven't really looked all that much into what else is airing this season, but the other shows I'm probably going to watch are Kill La Kill (of course), Golden Time and Samurai Falmenco whenever they are subbed.

Kyoukai no Kanata 01 It was interesting and did look gorgeous.

Kill la Kill 01 - I'm glad I didn't watch the PV for it and waited for it. Its mad, I liked it alot. Very interested to see where it goes. Loved the old school look too.

Kill la Kill 1

Now that's what I'm talking about. Trigger look like they're going to be 3-for-3. This was creative, hilarious and so vital. Ryuko is already shaping up to be an awesome character.

Michiko & Hatchin 1-11

I'd wanted to see this for years but for some reason nobody thought to release it on disc until now. Oh well. Having read some mixed reviews I was a little unsure going in, but the only criticism I could level at the show is that the first couple of episodes set too high a standard for the rest to follow. Well, except perhaps episode 7 for its refreshingly mature and honest portrayal of attraction and desire. It's not something you see too often in anime.

Golden Time 1

Refreshing to have a university-set anime. This was a fairly standard introductory episode, but there were plenty of moments that made me laugh a lot. I'm a big fan of Toradora, so I hope this can reach a similar standard.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Michiko & Hatchin 1-11

I remember giving Michiko to Hatchin a shot back when it came out at first, but I honestly struggled to get past the child cruelty in episode 1. It's not graphic and I get that the rest most likely wouldn't have been like that, but I dunno, it still felt like a strong downer to start off with. I have heard a lot of praise for the show subsequently though, so no doubt one I should be trying again.

Professor Irony said:
I remember giving Michiko to Hatchin a shot back when it came out at first, but I honestly struggled to get past the child cruelty in episode 1. It's not graphic and I get that the rest most likely wouldn't have been like that, but I dunno, it still felt like a strong downer to start off with. I have heard a lot of praise for the show subsequently though, so no doubt one I should be trying again.
The abuse suffered by Hatchin was definitely uncomfortable viewing but I persevered knowing that she would soon be "saved" by Michiko (which turned out to bring her into a whole new world of problems). But it's the way she overcomes all this hardship without giving up that, for me, makes her the show's best character. She has more fight in her than most adult men (myself included) :p

Watched first episode of Golden Time, enjoyed it ..though (mild spoiler for later episodes) I found out that the LN turns out to be really depressing the further it goes on ..eek

Last edited by a moderator:
Kill la Kill - ep1

Like a GAR version of Cutey Honey, that delivered pretty much everything I would have hoped for. Despite never being a fan of TTGL, I thought that was hugely entertaining and, assuming they can keep it up, Trigger's future surely looks bright indeed.

At very least, the wait for Space Dandy should not seem so arduous now.

Chronicles of the Going Home Club ep 11. *complete* - or so I thought. Oldest trick in the book and I fell for it haha
Coppelion ep 1.
Golden Time ep 1.
Squid Girl s1 ep 10-12 & specials *complete* , s2 ep 1-2. I actually kind of miss the dubtitles from the s1 dvd, these online s2 subs are straight translations without any squiding puns, seems like the show is a little less charmink somehow. Still bloody funny though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coppelion - Episode 1

An interesting premise with an interesting art style. I really enjoyed this first episode and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

@elixEideJ I have no idea why they didn't releases squid girl on DVD or dub it I thought it was I fun show to watch, hell if seen 3 times in a row I loved watching it so much.

I've been watching queens blade rebellion 1-9 it's pretty good for a fan services series but I honestly wish they released the OVAs and specials too, cause there's a a few of them are connected to the rebellion series. I also wish it was longer

So far this week I've watched:

Free! - Episodes 11 and 12 (End)
Michiko to Hatchin - Episode 12 (Dub)
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 24 (End)
Kyoukai no Kanata - Episode 1 (Second time)

I've also slowly been rewatching Chuunibyou, as well as random episodes of Fate/Zero in anticipation for Aniplex USA's release.
Just got to finish Attack on Titan/Gatchaman Crowds (Skipping 11) and make a start on Kill La Kill, Golden Time and maybe Infinite Stratos 2 if I feel braindead enough.

Kill La Kill Episode 1 - That was a ton of fun. It did feel a little fast, but i think the sheer level of entertainment it brought to the table in the opening minutes, and throughout balance it just right. It's going to be a fun ride i think. Trigger have a good thing going here, so i really want to see how this plays out.

Back