Your viewing journal

Psycho-Pass Ep.22

When this series first started I found it kinda slow, but still interesting. It picked up with the online imposter arc (if only because I loved to say "Spooky Boogie"), but things really took off when Makishima came more into play that created some particularly chilling moments. This was a reasonable enough end, nothing unpredictable but wrapped things up solidly enough. This will be a definite purchase from me when it inevitably gets released.

@Mr Vile

for some reason, i like the 2003 FMA compared to FMA BH, i just dont know what it is about FMA BH that i dont like, its a ok series but it felt too perfect, like everything fitted nicely in the FMA BH, also it didn't feel as dramatic as the first FMA, its something about FMA BH, and a few of the characters feel out of character compared to the first FMA,

IDK

animefreak17 said:
@Mr Vile

for some reason, i like the 2003 FMA compared to FMA BH, i just dont know what it is about FMA BH that i dont like, its a ok series but it felt too perfect, like everything fitted nicely in the FMA BH, also it didn't feel as dramatic as the first FMA, its something about FMA BH, and a few of the characters feel out of character compared to the first FMA,

IDK

For some reason, i think Brotherhood is better. Plus it sticks to the manga original story.

Penguindrum episodes 21-24 and relaxed with a few beers this evening and re-watched Violence Jack and during the night i,m going to start watching Natsume,s Book of Friends season 3 and continue with more episodes of Blue Blink.

bakum4tsu said:
animefreak17 said:
@Mr Vile

IDK

For some reason, i think Brotherhood is better. Plus it sticks to the manga original story.

Yeah I like Brotherhood better. There is a tonne of foreshadowing in the early episodes that then goes nowhere in the first anime.

Summer Wars got the thumbs up from Mum. I cried again during it (the part where everyone bets their avatars in the card game). She praised it as "very imaginative".

ilmaestro said:
How are you liking the show so far?

I like the fact that it's showing a different side to the Magical Girl genre, but not as good as I thought it was going to be (due to all the praise about it).

Fair, it is one of the more hyped shows in some time. You do have arguably the best eps to come though, so hopefully it can change your mind some!

Kiddy Grade episode 7.

Podracing, The Force and Imperial Probe Droids. What more could you want from a space-based anime?

To be honest this episode felt like filler, but the ending leeds the overall plot onwards.

Robotic;Notes Ep.22

So it wasn't as good as Steins;Gate (but what is?), though I'd say it was better than Chaos;Head. I struggled through some of the early episodes but it began to improve, though probably peaked about halfway through. The confession in the penultimate episode was nicely done though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dan said:
Dragon Ball: Tien Shinhan Saga. Fantastic, the show keeps getting better and better. King Piccollo Saga next 8)

Once I have my flat to myself again I think I may have a Dragonball marathon. I've only fully seen the entire show through once, last year when I picked up the import dvds. Having been a huge DBZ fan since it first aired on UK telly back in 2000 I found Dragonball quite.. different. It's much more fantasy and comedy based than I was expecting. But that's good. I can sorta see that DB:GT was going for a similar tone during the Black Star Dragonball's arc, but then they got freaked out by the DBZ fandumb and we got lolSSJ4 hijinks.

That said, I do still really like GT. It has some pretty badass Vegeta/Bulma stuff. My second anime OTP.

Mr Vile said:
Dan said:
Dragon Ball: Tien Shinhan Saga. Fantastic, the show keeps getting better and better. King Piccollo Saga next 8)

Once I have my flat to myself again I think I may have a Dragonball marathon. I've only fully seen the entire show through once, last year when I picked up the import dvds. Having been a huge DBZ fan since it first aired on UK telly back in 2000 I found Dragonball quite.. different. It's much more fantasy and comedy based than I was expecting. But that's good. I can sorta see that DB:GT was going for a similar tone during the Black Star Dragonball's arc, but then they got freaked out by the DBZ fandumb and we got lolSSJ4 hijinks.

That said, I do still really like GT. It has some pretty badass Vegeta/Bulma stuff. My second anime OTP.

Yeah Dragon Ball is very different, took me a while to get used to it but I think it's starting to get more like DBZ anyway. Tbh though I haven't seen the original DBZ, I've only seen the Kai version. So can't wait to watch the original version, then I'll check GT out.

I'm having a rewatch of Rurouni Kenshin, in preparation of watching the new Kyoto arc. Still one of my favourite animes of all times.

Back