Your viewing journal

JoJo's Fairly Odd Occurrence ep23

Man, I never thought I'd be sad to see Wham go. Him having just fired his own head out of a crossbow only added to this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie 3+4. Not too bad I suppose.
Re watching Baka and Test season 1 as my OVA combo arrived today so I need to watch the first series to get it in context. I make that sound like a chore, don't I?.

Aoi Hana 1-2

I WATCHED ME SOME ANIMEH

The first thing that struck me about this show was the beautiful soft watercolour look of the backgrounds. It reminded me another JC Staff show, Living for the Day After Tomorrow (Asatte no Houkou). So I checked ANN, and lo, both shows have the same art director - the legendary Shichiro Kobayashi. Goddamn.

And the tone of Aoi Hana matches the subdued pastel colour palette. It's nice to have a yuri romance that isn't a parody, or ridiculous melodrama, or merely full of subtext.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Aoi Hana 1-2

And the tone of Aoi Hana matches the subdued pastel colour palette. It's nice to have a yuri romance that isn't a parody, or ridiculous melodrama, or merely full of subtext.

It's a fantastic series, both in terms of story and the visuals.

Just a very, very nice slice of life with a yuri twist.

So I just watched Tamako Market 11 and one thing frustrated me throughout this episode:

Why. Did. No. One. Listen. To. Tamako?

Seriously. I thought at least Midori and Mochizou would be willing to fight her corner, or her father might put up more of a resistance but...what?

Got a guest (Mum) staying right now so haven't had time to watch much, but did squeeze in episodes 5-9 of Puella Magi Madoka Magica earlier. Why those episodes? Because they feature all the interaction between my OTP Sayaka and Kyoko.

My quest to show Mum cool anime continues tonight. She's already seen and enjoyed Puella Magi and Baccano! We're going to watch Summer Wars later.

Cool, FMA: BH is next on the list for us regarding series rather than films, but I am waiting for her to move house so she is close by and we can watch it in 12 episode chunks. Currently she lives 300 miles away, but she has sold her house so hooray, anime fest's ahoy soon.

We've watched The Girl Who Leapt Through Time before, so Summer Wars should go down well.

Back