Your viewing journal

Psycho Pass - Episode 7
K - Episode 8
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! - Episode 8

Kyoani, those feels. Very nice episode.
Even better after two episodes of not a lot beforehand.

20thCenturyBoy said:
Robotic;Notes Ep.7
Does Robotics;Notes get any better? I vaguely remember watching the first episode and finding it a bit boring.

Fruits Basket Ep.10-12
From the New World Ep.9
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Ep.8

Mangaranga said:
20thCenturyBoy said:
Robotic;Notes Ep.7
Does Robotics;Notes get any better? I vaguely remember watching the first episode and finding it a bit boring.

I feel it's really improved over the last couple of episodes and starting to hit its mark. I too found it fairly boring at first and will admit that even though it's improved it's still not a "great" show, but things are getting interesting now at least. Plus anytime Frau shows up is great, she's hilarious and strangely sexy :lol: .

Black Butler OVA 1-6.

Sword Art Online: Episode 21 - Warning: Contains something rather close to tentacle rape.

Last edited by a moderator:
FMA Brotherhood OVA Collection - Quality

Serial Experiments Lain 1-6 (BD) - Not too sure about this, blind bought it on the basis of the amount of respect/fans it has, but i'm not overly impressed atm

Lupin III: The Legend of Gold Babylon (1985)

Well strike me down, this is actually far better than I remember it being. It's been years since I've seen Gold Babylon, but I remember being pretty underwhelmed by it at the time, and I think I've bought into its largely negative reputation ever since.

There are a lot of niggling problems that hold it back, but I'll stick my neck out and say it's a far better film than most people give it credit for. Full review soon.

Professor Irony said:
Lupin III: The Legend of Gold Babylon (1985)

Well strike me down, this is actually far better than I remember it being. It's been years since I've seen Gold Babylon, but I remember being pretty underwhelmed by it at the time, and I think I've bought into its largely negative reputation ever since.

There are a lot of niggling problems that hold it back, but I'll stick my neck out and say it's a far better film than most people give it credit for. Full review soon.
I think I owned Gold of Babylon on VHS (the Western Connection version; I used to put up with some shoddy releases back then). It was so awful that I couldn't even finish it. I wonder if the passage of time, half decent video quality, and properly timed subtitles would change my opinion? I doubt it, but who knows.

majikoi oh samurai girls discs 1 and 2
ah my goddess season 2 discs 5 and 6
death note 32 and possibly 33 * im not sure if we'll be watching 2 episodes tonight we might just watch episode 30and watch episode31 tomorrow ( depends on my mum really ) *
tomorrow

fabricatedlunatic said:
I think I owned Gold of Babylon on VHS (the Western Connection version; I used to put up with some shoddy releases back then). It was so awful that I couldn't even finish it. I wonder if the passage of time, half decent video quality, and properly timed subtitles would change my opinion? I doubt it, but who knows.

Yeah, I had a rather similar experience with it myself. Back in the day, after I read Helen McCarthy's review in that movie guide (there's definitely a trend here), I went to the bother and expense of ordering an AnimEgo NTSC VHS of the film. Immediately after watching the damn thing, I wished I hadn't.

Perhaps it's just the cumulative effect of frequently underwhelming tv-specials, but looking back on it now though, I think it's actually got a lot going for it. Provided you can get around the haphazard artwork (I know a lot of people hate the loose style) and the woeful opening chase scene, it's not a bad entry into the series. I'd consider it like a lesser follow-up to Secret of Mamo.

Back