Your viewing journal

Kokoro Connect - ep 7
Sword Art Online - ep 5

I do like how Kokoro handles the desires being brought out, shown best with Taichi by having a dark screen shouting out the desire. It gives a nice impactful push. Speaking of impacts, SAO's episode was rather good with elements of horror whilst also continuing expanding on player killing. It really dealt out the suspense well, whilst being thoroughly entertaining. Looking forward to the second part of this story.

Reposting from temporary forum:

Rui said:
Kuroko No Basuke 24

The animation budget for this episode must have been incredible!

What a cool match this has become. It certainly wasn't only Imayoshi getting goosebumps...

The best thing about this show is the characters; even the ones I don't really like are at least interesting. I like Kise a lot, so him finally getting a chance to look occasionally cool has been a real treat in this arc.

I'd been sort of hoping that this series was going to go on for a long time yet I see next week's episode is listed as the last in Newtype. A second season is obviously guaranteed with the insane popularity it's enjoying, but I hope we don't have to wait long. Especially since I desperately need to see Kuroko's new plays in action :D

R

mangaman74 said:
Not sure what episodes I listed last time on the main site so for now here is what I have been watching since the site went down,

Asobi ni Iku yo! - Finished watching this.
Dokkoida?! - Finished watching this.

Current viewing,
Martian Successor Nadesico Episodes 1 - 6
Kaze no Stigma Episode 1

animefreak17 said:
Watching dragonaut - the resonance tomorrow

I was planning to watch it today but I didn't have time today

Joshawott said:
Kokoro Connect 11

Little kid Inaba is ADORABLE

Professor Irony said:
Watched the first three eps of Legendary Gambler Tetsuya.

Thus far, it seems like it's shaping up to be a more honest take on how someone succeeds as a pro mahjong player than the likes of Akagi. Unlike Akagi, where the main character wins through a combination of innate natural talent and being the most badass dude in a ten-mile radius, Tetsuya climbs the ladder by learning to cheat, really, really well. In general, it also seems faster paced than Akagi, but it lacks that nerve-shredding 'ZAWA-ZAWA' tension and the art is noticeably worse. Nevertheless, it's held my attention so far and I'll be sticking with it for the time being.

Cloud Strife said:
Joshawott said:
Kokoro Connect 11

I am loving every moment of Kokoro Connect at the moment, its irresistibly interesting after the last few story arcs and the new one has a good start as well, Inaba has become my favourite lady character so far :)

Joshawott said:
Sword Art Online 11
They went for the cute angle this week too...also, damn it Asuna you marry a guy and don't even ask how old they are?

Cloud Strife said:
Joshawott said:
Kokoro Connect 11

I am loving every moment of Kokoro Connect at the moment, its irresistibly interesting after the last few story arcs and the new one has a good start as well, Inaba has become my favourite lady character so far :)
Kokoro Connect is my anime of the season. I even have the first 4 light novels and I don't know any Japanese xD. I'm torn between Iori and Inaba; Inaba is edging into the lead after the last 2 weeks though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kokoro Connect Ep.11

Going to echo everyone else's sentiments and say how much I love this show. Thought this Ep was absolutely brilliant, so funny. Somehow Chibi Inaba was even cuter than regular one, nice shot of her "bursting out" too.

One Piece Ep.564

Liked that they gave Hordy/New Fishmen much more of a KKK/Nazi feel. Seems that only Luffy is going to end up with a decent fight though, as none of the rest of the rew look like they're really going to be challenged in anyway, shame.

DenYuuDen 1-9

My first impression was that this was a gorgeous-looking yet flat series which wasn't going to live up to its promise. I liked all of the main characters (Sion seemed especially promising) but it felt as though I'd seen it all before, and it took me a long time to get through those early episodes. However, once some more characters had appeared things felt as though they had started falling into place and I found myself enjoying the show much more. The interplay between Sion and Froaude is proving interesting, Claugh comes off as much cooler than I'd preemptively written him off to be from his early scenes, and it's refreshing that the series isn't afraid to get its hands a little dirty and have a high body count despite the occasionally lighthearted tone. And it remains stunning visually. Pretty good. I'll pop the second disc in soon as episode 9 left off with a rather epic moment.

Oda Nobuna No Yabou 11

Things happened! Danjou is being as trustworthy as anticipated and despite Saru's best efforts, things aren't looking good. Unfortunately I don't really believe that Saru (or even Mitsuhide) is actually dead, so the serious twists in the plot aren't having much impact on me; he's presumably going to pop back for the last episode and temper Nobuna's wrath. Also, it's not a complaint, but why are so many of the men in this series such freaks? :D

Code Geass: Nunnally In Wonderland

What did I just watch?! I laughed out loud several times. Because a lot of the video is static images interspersed with standard animation, it felt like a game (though really it was more like a radio drama). It's great that this came out subtitled from the outset and the packaging/book is very pretty. Looking forward to finally seeing the new Geass content next year...

R

Sword Art Online ep 11

Here's Aura/Zefie.................... errrrrr i mean Yui

also in refering to Josh. Didn't they basicly get turned to their real age/looks at the start so i think it's obvious he's not really a kid :D

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE - Episode 47

Rinne no Lagrange: Season 2 - Episode 10

Space Brothers - Episode 23

Muv Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse - Episode 11

King of Braves GaoGaiGar - Episodes 9 - 15

Ghastly Prince Enma Burning Up episodes 1-7.Based on a 70,s manga and anime by Go Nagai this is a remake and there is not a lot to really say,its slap-stick comedy along the lines of Cutey Honey and Kekko Kamen so you get the idea,so if you like cheeky humour and bouncy boobs and lot of innuendo you,ll love this,it aint gonna change the world but it will brighten up your day and put a smile on your face.

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE - Episode 48

Another decent episode and Kio didn't feature much which was good, roll on next week!

Back