Your viewing journal

Hyouka 22 - complete - Quite content with the way this ended, specially when it feels like a complete package overall, but at the same time, feels easily possible to expand on it if they get the chance to, specially with the novels themself still ongoing. I very much enjoyed the series overall. it started off a tad slow, but the further i delved into it, the more i came to enjoy it. All four of the main characters had good development and never felt bland, animation was top notch(as you'd expect from KyoAni), mysteries started off fairly simple and became fairly well constructed as you continued on. So yeah, i'd recommend it to people curious about it.

Next series to blitz - Nisemonogatari and Moyashimon - now it's on Crunchyroll.

Space Brothers - Episode 24

Eureka Seven AO - Episode 20

Rinne no Lagrange: Season 2 - Episode 11

All three of these shows are providing great entertainment at the moment!

Shiki ep 1 (Manga's release). Interesting enough, but this episode was undermined hugely for me by the subtitling. I'm assuming Manga have just used Siren Visual's masters for this, but the subtitles for the dialogue are a good half to a full second ahead of the dialogue itself. Characters' lines disappear whilst they're in the middle of a sentence, with other characters' lines flashing up even before the initial speaker has finished. What pisses me off even more is that the subtitles for signs and on-screen text are nigh-on perfect, amongst the best I've seen, but the dialogue is butchered so badly. I could barely follow some parts of the episode because seeing different people's lines in the wrong place was so off-putting.

Rant over.

Edit: Watched the first half of ep 2 - subs are miraculously fine for this ep so far... Frustrating as it shows Siren are capable of doing it right, but didn't manage it for ep 1.

VoxPhantom said:
Shiki ep 1 (Manga's release). Interesting enough, but this episode was undermined hugely for me by the subtitling. I'm assuming Manga have just used Siren Visual's masters for this, but the subtitles for the dialogue are a good half to a full second ahead of the dialogue itself. Characters' lines disappear whilst they're in the middle of a sentence, with other characters' lines flashing up even before the initial speaker has finished. What pisses me off even more is that the subtitles for signs and on-screen text are nigh-on perfect, amongst the best I've seen, but the dialogue is butchered so badly. I could barely follow some parts of the episode because seeing different people's lines in the wrong place was so off-putting.

How are Manga still not watching their releases through before releasing them?! Thank you for mentioning this, I will advise my friends to avoid the release.

R

If I had the technology available, I'd rip a 15-second clip to illustrate how bad it gets at time.

As I've said, the problem doesn't seem to be present in episode two so I'm assuming the person timing the subtitles had a very bad day for ep one.

Muv Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse - Episode 12

King of Braves GaoGaiGar - Episodes 16 & 17

I know it's a super robot show (and a very good one at that) and as beautifully animated as it is, I am beginning to to get a little bored of the final fusion transformation sequence!

Back