Your viewing journal

animefreak17 said:
Orgun said:
Mars Daybreak - Episodes 24 - 26 [Final]

Well it must be luck that I choose this show to be next on my to get list if it's enjoyable

You may struggle to find the boxset as Bandai discountinued the show some time ago, but it is a worthwhile purchase, it was easy going and entertaining and looked really nice at times.

Orgun said:
animefreak17 said:
Orgun said:
Mars Daybreak - Episodes 24 - 26 [Final]

Well it must be luck that I choose this show to be next on my to get list if it's enjoyable

You may struggle to find the boxset as Bandai discountinued the show some time ago, but it is a worthwhile purchase, it was easy going and entertaining and looked really nice at times.

im siure il find it thanks for that ^_^

Tari Tari 7-10

Though episode 6 has been the show's dramatic high-point so far, there was a lot to like about the two episode arc that mainly focused on Sawa. Episodes 9 and 10 were not as good but still fun to watch.

What I love about Tari Tari is how restrained the drama is (and the comedy is wonderfully understated too). Unlike some shows I could mention (/Anohana) it never succumbs to melodrama or tries to wring excessive emotion from a scene. It's also cheesy as hell at times, but because the cast are so loveable and the writing so sharp I'm willing to overlook moments that would be cringeworthy in a lesser show.

ilmaestro said:
"succumbs" to melodrama, implying that that is inherently bad and emotions are something you should only have a certain amount of at any one time.
More often than not excessive melodrama is a complete turn-off for me (and I realise that what constitutes excessive will vary from person to person and depend on context) so if not inherently bad then it is a least a negative from my point of view. Thus I'm thrilled when a show like Tari Tari comes along, though it does make me wish that some other shows had shown the same restraint.

------

Bunny Drop 1-5

I always thought that movement, voices, and music would elevate this above Yumi Unita's excellent manga, but I didn't realise by how much. Already I've had tears in my eyes from the littlest things, whereas the manga didn't really get me like that. So far this is, hands down, the best anime TV show I've seen in years.

fabricatedlunatic said:
More often than not excessive melodrama is a complete turn-off for me (and I realise that what constitutes excessive will vary from person to person and depend on context) so if not inherently bad then it is a least a negative from my point of view.
Well, it's not so much that there are different levels of "excessive", it's more that your post I replied to implied that any amount is excessive. :p It would be pretty uninteresting if every anime looked to exhibit "restraint" in order to avoid the risk of excess.

(And also it implied that there was even the slightest flaw with AnoHana, which I can't take lying down...)

Back