Your viewing journal

Tari Tari 1-3

Should be renamed Boobi Boobi in honour of Sawa's glorious orbs. I admit, I'm mostly in it for the P.A. Works eye candy, since True Tears is one of the best looking TV shows ever, and it hasn't disappointed on that count. Not sure about the whole choir thing--it's a bit laaaame--but the tears and sadfaces in the OP sequence, as well as Wakana's obvious pain over the loss of her mother, gives me hope that there will be more to the show than, well, singing.

Muv Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse - Episodes 8 & 9

A better couple of episodes, delivering a little on the show's early promise.

Rinne no Lagrange: Season 2 - Episode 8

This is a brilliant show, it works on so many levels, staggering given how bad the first few episodes were!

fabricatedlunatic said:
Tari Tari 1-3

Should be renamed Boobi Boobi in honour of Sawa's glorious orbs.
For once, I actually agree with you on this.

Not sure about the whole choir thing--it's a bit laaaame--but the tears and sadfaces in the OP sequence, as well as Wakana's obvious pain over the loss of her mother, gives me hope that there will be more to the show than, well, singing.
You're the kind of grumblepuss who doesn't like Glee, aren't you? :-/

Kokoro Connect 8
Okay Taichi, I don't care if your desires were unleashed, but you lost some serious man points for hitting Iori.

Sword Art Online 8
Okay...Kirito and Asuna were actually pretty cute together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joshawott said:
Kokoro Connect 8
Okay Taichi, I don't care if your desires were unleashed, but you lost some serious man points for hitting Iori.
I basically only "like" Iori out of the main cast, now, but I think that's essentially the idea.

ilmaestro said:
Joshawott said:
Kokoro Connect 8
I basically only "like" Iori out of the main cast, now, but I think that's essentially the idea.
Funny that you say that, because me and a friend were discussing our favourite characters and I actually told her that Iori is my favourite character right now (Inaba being hers). Taichi used to be, but Inaba was right - this latest arc has been bad for him.

She's a week behind due to not having a membership, but it will be interesting to see if her opinion changed.

Kokoro Connect - ep 5

Heartseed, you're a bit of a dick ain't ya. I'm amazed Inaba didn't just clock him one. It's interesing that he's so quick to toy with everyones emotions like that and it sounds like he has a goal in mind, so i'm interested in seeing where this is leading.

Sword Art Online - ep 1

Huh, not quite sure why I didn't pick this up earlier - this is right up my alley. Very much looking forward to getting stuck in.

Joshawott said:
ilmaestro said:
Joshawott said:
Kokoro Connect 8
Funny that you say that, because me and a friend were discussing our favourite characters and I actually told her that Iori is my favourite character right now (Inaba being hers). Taichi used to be, but Inaba was right - this latest arc has been bad for him.

She's a week behind due to not having a membership, but it will be interesting to see if her opinion changed.
Inaba feels like she is "supposed" to be female viewers' favorite character, I think, so I'm not too surprised there. Let me know if your friend wants a 48 hour pass to watch the latest ep when it hits, although then that might leave her waiting an extra week to watch the next one, I suppose. Perhaps in the week that the last ep airs would make more sense.

MercenaryRaiden said:
Sword Art Online - ep 1

Huh, not quite sure why I didn't pick this up earlier - this is right up my alley. Very much looking forward to getting stuck in.
Exxxxxcellent, catch up soon!

ilmaestro said:
For once? S'not like I have a habit of substituting innocent titles with vaguely naughty words, at least not one that I'm consciously aware of...

You're the kind of grumblepuss who doesn't like Glee, aren't you? :-/
What is this "Glee" of which you speak? Guilty as charged on the broader point of being a grumblepuss, though.

--------

Tari Tari 4-6

YES. This show is turning out to be surprisingly great. I'm loving the gentle slice-of-life vibe, the chemistry between the characters, and the moments of honest, raw emotion (none of which are overplayed). I don't mind telling you that a solitary tear was rolling down my face at least once during episode 6. The idyllic setting (oh P.A. Works) is just a delicious cherry atop this sumptuous cake.

fabricatedlunatic said:
ilmaestro said:
For once? S'not like I have a habit of substituting innocent titles with vaguely naughty words, at least not one that I'm consciously aware of...
Heh, perhaps not. It was more the celebration of the well-endowed that I am not usually as moved to join in.

Mars Daybreak - Episodes 17 - 22

I'm enjoying this, consistent, easy going and entertaining.

Eureka Seven AO - Episode 18

And this just continues to get better, another excellent episode.

I'm watching dance in the vampire bund and the wide angle close up are annoying and the series feels like a show within a show.

Tomorrow

today's been along bad day cause iv had my mam and dad telling me to do loads of things for them today and its ruined my viewing on a new series i haven't seen and il have to start watching it tomorrow, its really pissed me off, im tired, and fed up so im going to watch welcome to the space show again.

ilmaestro said:
MercenaryRaiden said:
Sword Art Online - ep 1

Exxxxxcellent, catch up soon!

That won't actually be hard!

Sword Art Online - Ep 2

I had an inkling of a feeling when listening to episode 1, but that moment the vocal bgm kicked in? Yuki Kaijura!! <3 This anime keeps giving me more and more reasons to love it.

I was a little surprised at Kirito's attitude change towards the end, but I actually quite liked how the episode played a potential rift towards beta players. The thought hadn't crossed my mind that some beta players could potentially be so vindicitive to purposefully mislead newbies, and this episode was played well enough to give that view. Looking forward to more!

MercenaryRaiden said:
I was a little surprised at Kirito's attitude change towards the end
Mmm, this episode (and perhaps the next, to some degree) is the least well explained in the anime so far compared to the events in the LNs, definitely keep it in the back of your mind when it's time for more general discussions about the show later.

Back