Your viewing journal

Kokoro Connect 6
Taichi wears crocs. Damn it man, I thought you were cool! Also, your sister looks just like Mikan from To Love Ru.

I really liked this episode; obviously it was the beginning of a new arc, so it didn't have the drama the last episode had, but it was a good start. Already, we're beginning to see the problems that having your deepest desires released can cause, as well as the impact it has on the relationships around you.

So glad I got a Crunchyroll premium anime membership just to watch this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eat-Man

Quite a pleasant surprise, this. What looks like a typical '90s adventure series, about a wandering hired gun who eats mechanical objects, quickly becomes something much more strange and ethereal. The (severely) limited budget is an obvious set-back, but the show forgoes visible action to concentrate on suggestion and atmosphere instead. Unfortunately, I felt it became a little too abstract for its own good towards the end, but it's still a solid show that really stands out from the crowd.

I'll likely do a video on it at some stage, but I'd like to wait until I've seen at least some of the follow up series (Eat-Man '98 ) before attempting a full review.

Finished Initial D S4 yesterday. I will miss the japanese europop with occasional engrish.

Finished Fate/Stay Night a few minutes ago. It's a bit meh. Doesn't really stand out from the crowd imo.

Will start Spice & Wolf tonight, maybe SpeedGrapher aswell.

Kokoro Connect 6

Heartseed is a brilliant kind of villian, if you can even call him that, because of his "just for fun" attitude. There's never a good way to stop guys like this who have no real motivation, I think it's going to end badly for someone eventually and unfortunately I think it'll ultimately be
Inaba. They've been hinting since the start of the body swapping about her letting her emotions/stress build up and just dealing with things by herself, more focussed on helping others instead of herself. I really don't want it to end bad for her because she's my favourite and just so cute. When she started stripping for Taichi I just thought "you lucky bastard!"

One Piece 559

I don't think Decken's role is over yet. He'll die in the end, but it might take time and he could have an influence before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mysterious girlfriend X ep 1-3

Um, what? I don't even know what to say about this. A very, very weird show. I have absolutely no idea if a worthwhile story will begin to emerge from all the drool, but I'm not exactly banking on it, and to be honest all the drool is making me feel a bit ill. Not sure that I will continue with this.

vashdaman said:
Mysterious girlfriend X ep 1-3

Um, what? I don't even know what to say about this. A very, very weird show. I have absolutely no idea if a worthwhile story will begin to emerge from all the drool, but I'm not exactly banking on it, and to be honest all the drool is making me feel a bit ill. Not sure that I will continue with this.
The series has a great story, one of the best slow-burning romances I've seen in a long time. It'd be a shame to miss out on watching this just because of the drool factor, as the scenes don't usually take up more than 3 or 4 minutes of each episode.

Watched Humanity has Declined episode 8 today. I think Watashi forgot to do her summer homework! :lol:

Blue Meteor SPT Layzner - Episodes 36 - 38 [Final]

I thought the second arc was no where near as bad as made out to be, but you can tell the series was prematurely cut short because it feels like the end of the Ideon TV series, in that it just suddenly ends despite building up to something much bigger. I'll see if the 3rd OVA puts things right.

Space Brothers - Episode 20

I really am enjoying this.

Squid Girl 1-6

English Squddie's voice is Madoka's voice? English Chizuru is Hitomi's voice? 0.0. Squid Girl's voice does grow on you, but I still want to strangle Chiziru for what "she" did to Sayaka (not sure that's wise...).

Back