Your viewing journal

Zipang 5 - By far the best episode of the series so far, alot goes on an d when the episode finished i was completley lost for words. Very well done and as i've said before the soundtrack is just brilliant. I could see a few flaws with some of the CGI but that didn't really hinder my enjoyment, i can't wait to see where the story goes. Tension is getting high and so are tempers, i'm dissapointed i didn't start watching this sooner.

Hataraki Man 5 - Another mixer of character development and some story. One of the main reasons i like this show so much is that it's such a stark contrast from Zipang. Its funny, light hearted and the serious stuff really isn't going to make you cry but it's something that everyone can relate to. Especially in this episode. I'm left wondering just what they are going to do next, they really have covered most if not all the cast now so perhaps time for a story spanning more than an episode? Again another funky soundtrack, bursting with catchy pop tunes.

Just finished watching One Piece 314 raw, finally up to where I started reading the manga from. This part of the manga was 1 of the reasons that made me go back and try the anime again and get past ep 2 :lol:

The Monkey D. Family from left to right, Son (Monkey D. Luffy), Father (Monkey D. Dragon), Grandfather (Monkey D. Garp)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jinki Extend eps 10 to 13 Not a bad ending for the series I suppose, possible opening for a follow up, but I wonder if it'll ever get one. Also listening to the singer give a live rendition of the opening song during one of the extras was interesting, she really could have done with a throat lozenge at certain points lol. Good though. :D

Air Gear eps 1 to 4 Darn them for not having disk 2 in stock, darn them! :x lol

FMP : The Second Raid eps 1 to 7 All I can say is... Bastard! Bastard! Bastard!... Bastard!... Bastard!... Bastard! Bastard!... Bastard! Why did someone else have to go and beat me to the last copy of disks 3 and 4? Now I have to wait. :cry: Oh, and the opening and closing songs arn't as good as the last two series. And, I don't like the effect for the ECS invisible mode. There, I knew I could find a fault with this series if I tried hard enough. :p

One Piece eps 222-223 - finally able to see more of One piece now, yay.
Darker than Black 2-3 - the first episode definitely interested me, so going to watch some more.

Zipang 6 - What i love about this show is it manages to get give me an insight into the armed forces, but still being entertaining. I'm not talking documentary level here but it still gets across the point of relationships between people and how death can still shake people to the core. There are points behind each of the episodes i belive, but they are subtle and not shoved in your face and don't take away from the actual story. Story looks to get better now we are heading into the world in 1942 instead of seeing the same scenery on the ship.

Hataraki Man 6 - Not the best episode i've seen, personally i found this one to be boring compared to the others. Again we see another character being introduced and a sub story for this episode. Today it was the "Seven Samurai" article. This episode did have some meaning behind it, overall this series gives us a little window to see how the Japanese work. Again, granted it is still an anime but the points are there and if you take them with a pinch of salt they are still valid. Hint's at things like marridge, workplace arguments etc.

Jayme said:
Watched MONSTER #5 last night.

Tis getting good.
xD

Haruhi - 1-5 - Confusing programing order, but Im very suprised by this one, I thought it was gonna be just another slice of life anime that I'd drop after 2 episodes.

Just finished watching One Piece ep 314 subbed and plan on watching One Piece movie 8 raw tomorrow (don't really need subs for something I've basically seen before).

Gundam Seed Destiny
vol. 4 meh Shinn's being an ****, Archangel's doing not much, not wildly exciting DVD, but some fun bits, mainly Athrun's masterful use of sarcasm, and some interesting philosophies on the start of the new war, though if any one is actually practising the theory its Gilbert Durandal with his purely defesive battle plan
Zegapain. 1-9 - ... Standard mecha fair. Some nice bits, especially the leads relationship with his childhood friend, but nothing really to make me think it's really that exiting yet.
Moonlight Mile 7(ish)- yay fansub group moving again. More threads laid, but still waiting for the next big kick up the pants.
Riedeen 13-14. Meh. Mecha battles still sssssssssssssllllllllllllllooooooooooowwwwwwwww, Lead still a bit of a gumby, but did have the best line for a beach party
'If I took of my shirt where would I hide my guns?'
DTB 10. - really wish the arcs would start linking up or getting longer.

Last edited by a moderator:
McIcy said:
Pomtry said:
Happy Lesson episodes 1 - 14

What did you think of it? Now you have to track down Happy Lesson FINAL, well worth watching if you can find it.

Its an ok anime to pass the time theres no real story but a lot of humour. I also think the english dubbed voices do not suit the characters at all. I feel real sorry for cheeto aswell putting up with everything the five mamas throw at him. Some of the humour is just realy random and im loving the fact that the personanlitys of each mother is way diffrent . Also the fact that there all his school teachers is fantastic :lol:

I think I will try and track down the Happy lesson Final because I cant stand not watching everything about an anime :D

Pomtry said:
McIcy said:
Pomtry said:
Happy Lesson episodes 1 - 14

What did you think of it? Now you have to track down Happy Lesson FINAL, well worth watching if you can find it.

Its an ok anime to pass the time theres no real story but a lot of humour. I also think the english dubbed voices do not suit the characters at all. I feel real sorry for cheeto aswell putting up with everything the five mamas throw at him. Some of the humour is just realy random and im loving the fact that the personanlitys of each mother is way diffrent . Also the fact that there all his school teachers is fantastic :lol:

I think I will try and track down the Happy lesson Final because I cant stand not watching everything about an anime :D

Its a 3 ep ova which carries on the story and kinda rounds it all up too so its nice to see an anime with an ending. I loved watching his getting experimented on made me laugh everytime the lights when out and suddenly he was strepped into a chair.

Its a 3 ep ova which carries on the story and kinda rounds it all up too so its nice to see an anime with an ending. I loved watching his getting experimented on made me laugh everytime the lights when out and suddenly he was strepped into a chair.

Is this the episode where there trying to decide where he lives?

Back