Your viewing journal

Recently Watched

Nagasarete Airantou 9, Another good episode, nothing surprises me anymore
MONSTER 2, i am beginning to see why this particular anime has such of a cult following.
Full Metal Panic! 1, Exactly how i expected it to be, been thinking over buying the DVD's for ages and now its a definite purchase.
NARUTO Shippuden 17, A good episode i thought, Next weeks should be actually so awesome
BLEACH 128, Not too much happened, I need more of Hollow Ichigo, I still like the Arrancar storyline though
Murder Princess 3, this months episode was another of the same, still a highly enjoyable episode. I love the blood on the dress.
AIR 3, i don't really know where this is going but it seems to be watchable to i will therefore watch it.
Death Note 34, oh dear they are still on tankobon 11, 3 episodes to wrap up a whole tankobon, it better be good.
Tenjho Tenge 2, Another fight and its all good.
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 0, Strange but oddly compelling and its only 13 episodes, i'll think i'll stick this one out.

Tonight after work, i shall be watching:

Code Geass 20 - now onto the last four episodes released so far, and i can't wait to see whats up next. Can't wait for the last 2 of this season to be released in the next month.
Gurren Lagann 8 - got addicted to this series now.
Perfect Blue

Except for falling asleep during Guyver, I watched most of the Anime Network stuff.

Also watched disk 6, ( eps 26 - 30 ) of Eureka Seven - Typical Beez release - either all subs or non at all ( They even threw in an out of sync sound track for episode 29 too. Watching something that has it's sound out of whack by about 3 seconds is a right pain in the backside. :x )

Well after a little break from watching i've decided to sit my butt down and start with two new series. Zipang and Hataraki Man.

Zipang 1 - First impressions are very good. I've always been a fan of war/military stuff and this is right up my alley, good animation and a good soundtrack that adds atmosphere into the show. Main story is really about a new Japanese battleship being sent back through time to WW2, that's all we get to see in the first episode with character introductions. The next episode really looks great as we get into the nitty gritty action. This anime is aimed at adults primarily but this is something war buffs will be into, not just anime fans. I'm expecting good things from this show.

Hataraki Man 1 - Hataraki Man is based around Hiroko Matsukata, editor for a popular magazine. Again like Zipang this is something i wouldn't expect children to watch, dealing with issues such as workplace stress, politics and the mentality of work before living that is rooted deep into the Japanese workforce. The characters are really nothing special given the premise of the show, it's a concept seen in other formats. The story seems decent with enough meat on it to give you something to bite into, but with it only being the first episode there really are too many holes to come to any solid conclusions. Animation is decent, characters are drawn well ditto for the environments. It's OK but not mind blowing, same for the soundtrack it just fits but doesn't excel.

Air Gear Vol 1- download freebie... Fun enough, but not quiet my cup of char, little too much balls over brains. Also got one of the most god awful cockney accents I've heard, but the only one I know of in anime.
Parasite Doll's - Cool but short. wish they had made an entire series, rather than just 3 episodes. Good characters, edgy plot, good animation (for the time, decent enough today as well).
Skull Man 7- Click, click, click, ahh the lovely sound of piece's fitting together. While i suspected some of them it's always nice to have them confirmed, yet still leaving a lot to be discovered. Really liking this series.
heroic Age 10, El Cazador de la Bruja 10, meh
Gurren Larggen 11, Simon's got his groove back, and about bloody time , though interesting to hear that tale from the other side. Midden's gonna hit the windmill soon. Just hope Yoko doesn't get jealous of Nia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wangan Midnight - 01 - Brilliant anime, about a guy who starts street racing in his dream car that apparently likes to kill its drivers while it always survives.

Zipang 2 - Very interesting if i do say so, now we find the boat trapped in 1942 when the attack on Pearl Harbour begins. This show has a weird feel to it, sort of like watching a cool history lesson. That is if your teacher took you back through time and you were animated. Execution is good from what i've seen and again there isn't much story to go on. However towards the end of this episode things begin to get interesting. Two things i would like to say about this show. one, it has a sense of respect for the events that happened. just seeing the way the characters react to what they are seeing shows that time was put into this aspect and it works well. Secondly the soundtrack is gripping, with it mostly orchastrated theres a movie feel to it and as i've said before it can really add depth to a scene. impressed so far.

Hataraki Man 2 - another interesting show, albeit from another genre. I'm not sure if its more episode oriented. the events that happened in the first episode seem to have been left where they are, i'll have a better idea in a few more episodes time. I like to think of this as the anime form of sex and the city, theres the usual undertones of work related stress and relationships with a varied cast capable of holding your attention. with it only being the 2nd episode the characters are clearly cookie cutter and nothing jumps out at me right now. the soundtrack is energetic and catchy and the humour is decent, if at sometimes a little dry.

overall i'm happy with the way both shows are going, good contrast and they work well in thier own fields.

Back