Your viewing journal

animefreak17 said:
the count of monte cristo is awesome you guys have to watch it, its like a shakspear play like romeoXjuliet but a 100x more beautiful

the count of monte cristo disc 3 tomorrow

Watched the first episode of Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo on a cover disc a good few years back. Did not like and I have not gone back to watch it since (and I don't intend to).

Current viewing,

Negima Season 2 Episodes 7 & 8

Ramen Fighter Miki Episodes 11 & 12 - A fun series.

Up to ep 7 of Red Garden.

This show has not disappointed after introducing the not-so-interesting-looking "enemies" for the girls. Almost no time spent on that, and more time spent on the girls' emotional states and hints of the mystery behind the murders at the center of the show. Good stuff so far.

Watched Arrietty last night, enjoyed it, may give it a second watch though, don't think i absorbed the story as much as i should have done.

Although, anyone who's seen it, are they meant to call Human Beings "Human Beans"? Cause...that's what it said in the SUBS. Not sure if it was an issue with the subtitles or not? 0.o

Tomorrow, Robotech: The Macross Saga, Episodes 31-36.

I must confess that while I first watched I thought it was rubbish, it is starting to grow on me in little ways, especially since the aliens destory most of the Earth. While people say that the series may be too America, I would say that this loss is anything but American. It appeals more to the British love of failures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love Hina 1-8

I've heard a lot about Ken Akamatsu, but the only work of his I'd seen before was "Always My Santa" and I have heard a lot about this series in particular, so I decided to check it out when I saw it as MVM's deal of the week.

To be honest, I really like this series. So far I've seen it go from really serious to absolute "What the fudge?" - Even now, I've noticed that the weird episodes always seem to follow a serious one, as if it's trying to get the series back to a status quo.

I think Naru and Keitaro's relationships is definitely one of the more natural feeling ones I've seen in a long time; it's such a shame that later series' in the same genre have failed in regards to the main relationships, where I feel this one is succeeding.

At first I found the English dub voices to be pretty bad with forced accents (Koalla's and Mitsune's in particular) but it's become almost so cheesy that it's good.

Back