Your viewing journal

Tomorrow I'll be watching Robotech: The Macross Saga, Episodes 7-12. Must say it is annoying that only a dub is available, but it is by no means the worst dub-only anime I've watched, judging by watch I've seen of it so far.

Fairy Tail 112
What's an opening without a buttload of spoilers? In fact, what didn't they spoil? Nice song though.

Also lol, Cana was useless! xD

Last edited by a moderator:
Nausicaa 8.5/10

Very nicely made movie, shows its age a little, but the animation work, especially treated with HD still looks great. It's the first time I've watched Nausicaa, so I was interested to see how it held up, as although I didn't dislike Laputa, I did find it had aged, but I'm happy to say by contrast, I think Nausicaa has held up in a slightly more timeless fashion.

On watching one of the extra features (I watched the film in Japanese), I was pleasantly surprised to see the voice talent working on the english dub; it's no doubt pretty watchable with the likes of Patrick Stewart on board!

Arrietty

This was my first time watching the dub - even Mum says she preferred the sub. She mentioned it was mainly because of Haru's voice, but I think that in the British dub, Sho comes across as a tad obnoxious. Pod's voice was good though.

EDIT:
High School DxD 1
Well...it promised boobs and blood. That's what I got.

One Thousand And One Arabian Nights
Cleopatra-Queen Of Sex
Belladonna Of Sadness
Arabian Nights-Sinbads Adventures,Four more vintage classics finally added to my collection,all four are total masterpieces.

Un-Go 11

Hmm...episode would have been a lot better without the Inga-Bettenou cat and mouse chase. Overall, I like this series. It's one of the better shows of 2011, but I wouldn't exactly call it "Top Tier" either.

Last edited by a moderator:
fabricatedlunatic said:
The Tatami Galaxy 1

I'm not entirely sure what it is I just watched, but I am intrigued. Trouble is, the rapid fire delivery of the main character's outrageously verbose narration makes The Tatami Galaxy one of the least suitable sub-only anime I've ever watched. Instead of taking in the creative visuals my eyes are almost constantly fixed on the lower part of the screen, trying desperately to absorb the information being conveyed before it disappears to be replaced by more information. In truth most of the dialogue seems utterly superfluous, a criticism I'd also level at certain other overly-wordy anime.

Beez's subtitles are fine, incidentally, but this show needed a dub. Unfortunately not many people watched Funi's streams, so it was never going to get one.

I think that's a fair criticism. Strangely, the idea of dubbing the show never crossed my mind, but I understand where you're coming from.

If it helps any, part of the joke is that much of the dialogue is repeated time and again throughout the series, so I wouldn't worry too much about not being able to follow it to the letter.

the count of monte cristo disc 1 tonight
&
the count of monte cristo discs 2 and 3 tomorrow

just watched - the count of monte cristo disc 1 OMG this series is so freaking beautiful, its classy, gorgeous animation, the characters are mysterious. but why do i feel like i know whats going to happen it feels like i know this story from somewhere but lets wait and see. anyways beautiful gorgeous animation

Professor Irony said:
If it helps any, part of the joke is that much of the dialogue is repeated time and again throughout the series, so I wouldn't worry too much about not being able to follow it to the letter.
Yeah, I noticed that episode 2 bore a striking resemblance to its predecessor in that respect. That could get old quick, but seeing as Tatami Galaxy is so highly regarded I'm giving it the benefit of any doubt for now.

the count of monte cristo is awesome you guys have to watch it, its like a shakspear play like romeoXjuliet but a 100x more beautiful

the count of monte cristo disc 3 tomorrow

Back