Your viewing journal

Un-Go - first episode was okay. Love the intro and end theme. I'm going to watch the next two episodes before making a judgement.

OH GOD THE NIGHTMARES! ! ! ! ! ! :eek:

Fate/Zero episode 1

Mmm yes this was enjoyable. Getting quite excited about, hopefully, receiving Fate/Extra in the next week that I decided to start watching this. It's been a heck of a long time since I dabbled in the Fate universe but this was brill. Showing a lot more promise then the Fate/Stay Night anime showed; although I blame this on having played the visual novel before, whereas with Zero I haven't read up about it at all.

Persona 4 ep 3

Yeah this really does feel like they want to get the main 4 established as quickly as possible...!

I also viewed the Gundam AGE ep 4 - And Emily's Sayla transformation is complete~

Fun ep thanks to Wolf and the last scene with Grudek, was oddly pleasing that Flit and Wolf were attacked during their little duel though, do you really have time to messing about like that.

I was also surprised and dismayed to see completely nothing more of Yurin. D:

Chihayafuru ep2-3

Maybe it's because I'm getting more adjusted to the concept, but I'm finding the show easier to take with each passing episode. Chihaya's relentless enthusiasm still makes me cringe (Tanabe from Planetes has nothing on her), but there's such obvious love gone into the production that it's hard to get too cross at it.

It looks like we're probably finished the flashback episodes now, so I'll be interested to see how the show compares when it switches back to the older cast.

Rideback 1-4

The uncomfortable blend of 3D CGI and traditional 2D animation reminds me of Blassreiter, though here it's not quite as jarring as in Gonzo's effort. The setting is bizarre; a terrorist group has somehow managed to get themselves into a position where they govern the world, or most of it, I don't bloody well know. It's explained away in a brief monologue at the start, and that's it.

First three episodes were dull, the fourth a little more interesting. Expectations adjusted rather lower than they were at the beginning.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Rideback 1-4

The uncomfortable blend of 3D CGI and traditional 2D animation reminds me of Blassreiter, though here it's not quite as jarring as in Gonzo's effort. The setting is bizarre; a terrorist group has somehow managed to get themselves into a position where they govern the world, or most of it, I don't bloody well know. It's explained away in a brief monologue at the start, and that's it.

First three episodes were dull, the fourth a little more interesting. Expectations adjusted rather lower than they were at the beginning.

iv watched the hole thing and iv got to say the animations beautiful and it does get more interesting

Here is Greenwood ep1-2

The first episode of this school-based comedy-drama was quite charming, to the point where I was seriously considering buying this as part of my ongoing effort to watch more shoujo, but the second was a bit odd.

I get that the second ep is supposed to be a spoof of detective dramas, but I found Nagisa's predatory exploits (luring an underage bypasser for what might politely be called 'compensation dating') rather sinister for inclusion in 'wacky comedy'.

Fate/Zero ep 2

Ha! Rider is awesome. Nice to see Gil being Gil too. This still looks rather good as well. Do hope it eventually makes its way here on blu-ray...

Idolm@ster ep 16

The way this started I forsaw a Chihiya episode...In fact there's been a few nods to that in this episode...Still a Hibiki episode. I quite like her but felt this ep was a bit...lacking. Not my favourite, oh well. Also Kuroi that's not how chess works...

That next episode preview...That next episode title...A Makoto episode?!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Odin - Photon Space Sailor Starlight

A great and under rated piece of 80's sci-fi anime that is sadly often overlooked, I would love to see a Blu-ray remaster of this.

Checked out the X-men dub. I don't know if Marvel listened to fans or just saw sense but Steve Blum is back as Wolverine =D.

The other voices are pretty good too, though I didn't watch the entire ep again. Cyclops is ok, not the best or worst voice they could've chosen, I still like Kirby Morrow from Evolution the best. Storm is alright Fred Tatasciore is Beast again and Cam Clarke of all people is Xavier and he does a pretty good job too.

Definitely can't wait to get it on DVD. It may not be the best of animes but it's the best Cyclops show out there and the animation is pretty slick. My only real complaint is a lack of more decent X-foes, especially considering Magneto and Juggernaut showed up in the ED videos

Thumbelina(Sekai Meisaku Douwa:Oyayubi Hime),its a english dub only release i found and the picture quality is not that great but its still a sweet and charming little movie and its great to have another piece of anime history added to my collection.

Back