Your viewing journal

Matomi said:
Watched Episodes 1-4 of Clannad, really enjoyed it, gonna finish the series tomorrow and may watch After Story if i have time. May buy it on blu ray if it's region 2.

Not likely as Clannad is a Section 23/Sentai Filmworks release, so the blu-ray should be Region A locked (all of their other anime blu-rays that I have are Region A locked).

Watched the following,

Moribito Episodes 23 - 26

Revolutionary Girl Utena Episodes 17 & 18

Sgt Frog Episodes 62 - 65

Baka & Test Episodes 1 & 2

fabricatedlunatic said:
Fist of the North Star TV 1-10

How do you feel the early part of FotNS compares to the later stuff? I get the impression that people generally prefer the series after Jagi & Co. turn up, but I kinda struggled after about 50 eps or so. I felt that the narrative of Shin's arc had more drive to it; Ken's motivation felt more urgent somehow.

Orgun said:
A D Police - Files 1 - 3 (Final)

Classic 90's ultraviolent Cyberpunk anime, a good retro watch!

I can recommend the manga as well if you haven't already read it. It's not unmissable, but it's well worth the few pennies second hand copies of the UK Manga Books release go for on amazon.

Joshawott said:
Usagi Drop 11.

Well, I'm glad that they didn't go with the way the manga ended, but the ending seemed to random, y'know? I would have at least expected it to end with her going onto high school or something.

From what I gather there is a spin-off manga so it may well return.

Professor Irony said:
How do you feel the early part of FotNS compares to the later stuff? I get the impression that people generally prefer the series after Jagi & Co. turn up, but I kinda struggled after about 50 eps or so. I felt that the narrative of Shin's arc had more drive to it; Ken's motivation felt more urgent somehow.
I get that same impression; it seems a lot of fans complain about the filler during the Shin arc that wasn't there in the manga.

I've only watched up to episode 21 or whatever it was Manga UK released on VHS. At least I think I have; everything seems so unfamiliar that I'm starting to wonder whether I actually watched the tapes on which I spent £14 each (the folly of youth, clearly).

Ouch. Don't think I ever actually bought any of the their releases for it, I only ever saw the Manga dub on Channel 4. I hope it was at least 2 eps a tape at that price; I remember those thieving monkeys at ADV charging £12.99 a shot for a half-hour show...

Yeah, ADV UK got me with Gunsmith Cats once, twice, thrice. At least they had the decency to put both the dubbed and subtitled versions of episode 3 on the same tape.

Manga spliced together 3 episodes on each FotNS tape, but replaced "You wa Shock" and the icy end theme with generic drum n' bass. Talk about giveth and taketh away.

I do not miss VHS.

Still marathoning Monster, up to 37. I really like how Johann has been just a presence for most of the episodes up to about 24 ish, a terrible thought. It slowed down for a bit in the mid 20's but it's picking up speed again. Really love this show.

I also watched Dead Leaves... if there was ever an anime that revelled in its own excess, that was it. I did rather enjoy the style and the colourful images kept me amused, but there was nothing of substance, I mean even the main characters didn't seem to give a damn about the plot so why the hell should we?

Fairy Tail 97

Okay, something bugged me with this episode. Thinking back to earlier in the series, and the recent Edolas arc
both Natsu and Lisanna were incredibly shocked to see the other, and Lisanna actually glomped Natsu when she returned to Earthland. However, only two episodes after that, they aren't spending any time together whatsoever! I'd understand if Lisanna was spending most of her time with Mirajane or Elfman, but no, she's hanging around with Lucy and Wendy - two people who weren't even in Fairy Tail when she disappeared.
Sure, that might be because she'd feel intimidated by all the happy tears everyone else would be shedding while trying to speak to her...but if that's the case, at least give some indication of it being so. Hell, Gildarts hasn't even given her a slight glance. Her return was hyped up in the ending theme throughout the Edolas arc, and now, aside from
randomly deciding that she will be Juvia's partner in the S-Class exam (again, another member who wasn't in the Earthland Fairy Tail when she joined) because she apparently got on well with Edolas Juvia...yet all we saw of Edo-Juvia is that she was rather cold to Edo-Gray.

Like how Wendy is in the exam without Carla; Natsu should have chosen Lisanna as his partner. Hell, she could have at least been disappointed or jealous that he didn't choose her as his partner.

Also, you know this series has too big of a cast when they have to reintroduce Cana at the start 9.9[/i]

"official" watching of my eva 2.2 bluray (and yes it was actually the mangauk release) and

My anger of what happened to rei hasn't subsided, am i the only one who finds her more likeable in the movies?

Last edited by a moderator:
Usagi Drop - Episode 11 (these characters I've grown to love...gone - oh well at least the rest of the story will be out in manga when yen press get round to releasing those in the next year, and maybe one day the producers will decide to animate the timeskip)

Trigun - Episodes 1-4

Deadman Wonderland - Episode 5 (I think... Dunno fell asleep might need to rewatch it)

Tiger & Bunny 25 (END)

I was actually surprised to see that Tiger was still alive! They just couldn't end the series on a downer could they?[/b]. I will be honest, I actually felt this episode was weaker than recent ones; probably because Sunrise were trying to go for a cheesy, happy ending. You know, the kind of American comic books?.

The whole 1 Minute Tiger thing was pretty ridiculous in my opinion, but I knew that after finding out her father was Wild Tiger, that Kaede wouldn't let him quit. Still, I would have thought he'd remove himself from the front line and do something else in regards to the hero business.

Like how Saito was the unexpected badass hero in episode 23, and Kaede was in 24, Agnes was this episode's. Nice to actually see her do something good..

I will be honest, I am kind of disappointed with the ending.

Idolm@ster ep 7

Another adorable episode. I think that despite possibly being somewhat limited by the source material (And not imposing some kind of plot device like, oh i don't know, mecha :p) this show really does know how to craft the characters well. It also feels like the staff have a love for the games as they manage to bring over the characters relationships and traits well. Iori being a perfect example that most people would write off as "typical KugaRie tsundere" when her character is deeper then that.

Props to the staff for the Nonowa doll, although I must admit I felt a little disapointed that neither the insert song nor the ending was Go My Way. I think i've synced that up with Yayoi as I first heard her version of it. If this anime doesn't have Go My Way in some form then I shall go so crazy as to call it the worst adaptation ever...!

Also that preview. Azusa in a wedding dress, Miki in a dress, Makoto in a suit and looking awesome to boot?! Must resist urge to watch it now and go to bed at a sensible(ish) time...

Steins;Gate 19

It really feels like the last few episodes have been leading up to something big. This episode felt like that point, even with it feeling like a crescendo towards the final few episodes. You have to feel for Okabe having to re-live Mayuri's fate over and over. And the fact that he CHOOSES to wait and see how much time she has got left...I'm suprised he hasn't gone certifiably insane by this point. But still this keeps throwing twist after twist at us. I agree with whats been said about Mamoru Miyano as Okabe. He's just brilliant and pulls off the perfect tone for situations.

Back