Your viewing journal

Lets see,
Escaflowne ... all 600 minutes of it. Watched the first 8 odd episodes a few years back in the states, and then picked up the boxsets at the expo. Like it, but ... there is always a but (usually big and hairy), it failed to grab me by the short and curlies. Think it was more due to the fact that it is an older series and while the plot hasn't diminished, the mecha battles have aged badly compared to the fluid ballets of Code Geass or Macross Zero, or the awe and wonder of Eva or Rahxephon. Also has the distinction of being the first series i have with honest to goodness cat girls in it.
Guyver (2005)- Watched the first episode off Newtype USA and like it, Bit cheesey but fun with a hint of darkness (always good). But man did the cheese start over flowing and it started getting into the vaguely ridiculous (who over the age of 10 calls something a 'Mega Smasher', and the running battle/lecture about the armour was also so 80's). Hoping the series pull itself out of the past soon, but hey I'm a pessimist.
Skull Man... man did i have this series pegged wrong, or maybe i got it right a little too early. The Skull guy in question is just a little too trigger happy to be a misunderstood hero but could be proved wrong... meh will see where it goes, but it's got me guessing so that's a good thing.
El Cazador (up to 8)... meh, Darker than Black 7... begining to loose me, 2 episode arcs are begining to grate, Claymore ... also loosing me. Gurren Larrgen getting me back again.

Watched up to halfway through episode 5 of Darker than Black before I realised I had no idea what was going on. Like I didn't know half the characters or their names or just wtf was happening. So I'm gonna start over, if it happens again then screw this.

Doberman Pharaoh said:
Watched up to halfway through episode 5 of Darker than Black before I realised I had no idea what was going on. Like I didn't know half the characters or their names or just wtf was happening. So I'm gonna start over, if it happens again then screw this.

I'm With you there. I know a few names, Like the Main is called Li and he is from China, but not too much about the actual story

Watched Today

FullMetal Alchemist 11 - 20, WoOp wOoP; if i keep this rate of watching loads of episodes a day it'll be over way too soon, In my opinion this is one of the best animes i have ever watched, £135ish for every dvd and the special edition movie, Hoping to have that money before the next expo; or if i don't ill get 'em all on Play.com because thats where i worked out the prices.

Jyu-Oh-Sei 3-4: It's getting better, I'm starting to enjoy this series, actually, I'll probably watch the rest of it now and then go to bed.

Nagasarete Airantou - Episode 7

There weren't as many laughs in this episode compared to the others, but still, the Cat Vs Dog war was interesting. :p

Today's viewing has been:

One Piece movie 01(just felt like an extended episode)
Seirei no Moribito 07
One Piece eps 217
Coyote Ragtime show 1-4 - the first few episodes where good, but i think maybe too fast paced, so i don't know what the next few will be like.

Watched Recently

Lucky Star 8, another brilliant episode
Darker Than BLACK 4, i like this show . . . at least i think i do, i really not too sure about whats going on
Nagasarete Airantou 8, HAHA evil bitch ain't getting a hold of Ikuto
FullMetal Alchemist 31, Awwwh only watched one episode today poor me
Air 1, surprisingly enough i enjoyed this episode and since its only 13 episodes i think I'll continue watching

Jyu-Oh-Sei: 5-7, I watched them the other day... but still. Time Skip'd. It's getting a little better, I'll see how it ends.

Lupus Inu said:
Jyu-Oh-Sei: 5-7, I watched them the other day... but still. Time Skip'd. It's getting a little better, I'll see how it ends.
Not well... lets leave it at that. Wish i could find the manga thought.
Lets see
Sisters of Wellber 3- ... for two people on the run and in a hurry to stop a war they seem to spend a lot of time helping others, or just getting delayed by silly things. Next episode seems like it'll be fairly cringe worthy.
Towards Terra 7&8- While interesting and having all the points it's not really pulling together yet, also the retro style of the characters is not my cup of caffeine
Skull Man 5- more of a set up episode than a things happening one. Though some interesting little titbits, will see how it pans out.
Gurren Larrgen 9- is there some unwritten rule that all mecha pilots must have an emo stage? At least Simon's emo stage is a more violent than mopey, much more fun to watch. Imaging Shinji if he took the same path... cool.
Nagasarete Airantou 8- Chikage is a bit more secret psycho in the anime, but still one of my favourite characters. Still good fun.

Back