Your viewing journal

Redline

The story of a young punk struggling to make good in an illegal race is about as deep as a puddle, but it's extremely entertaining. The art is great as well; flat, almost chiaroscuro style shading is coupled with ridiculous attention to detail for a unique look that seems both retro and bang up to date at the same time.

My one concern is that I suspect it might not play as well on the small screen. I was fortunate enough to see it in the cinema and I would recommend everyone else to do the same, if humanly possible.

Jus' to make the previous discussion about Baku-sexism confusing:

There was a stealth sexist conversation edit in Bakuman 2. In the manga, Akito said that Miho's one of the three most intelligent people in the class because she knows an overly intelligent female is unattractive to males by instinct; meaning she does average on scores so as to not put off suitors. In the anime, however, Iwase was shown being cocky towards Akito, and only Miho's gracefulness got highlighted. The part about her picking a girlish dream (voice acting) with the intention of getting married was also removed.

Very good episode, overall. I'll have little to say until the first volume of the manga has been cleared but so far it's been great/faithful, and the sexism removal - Bakuman's greatest flaw, as highlighted by the lead's mother - is a good thing.

I also watched Imouto 2. Again, until the first volume of the manga is cleared there's little for me to comment on, other than pointing out that it's been faithful. Colour + constant backgrounds does a lot for it when the manga's art left the characters indistinct and there was a bit too much whiteness where backgrounds should've been.

The otaku argument was fun. I think I'd seriously get a headache if I tried to hold my own in such a verbal duel; meaning I'm not fit to be classified as one of the loser elite. This pleases me.

Jayme said:
Panty & Stocking 2. I liked this one a lot more. I'm also beginning to think that something resembling a story will turn up towards the end - after all these wacky crazy zany adventures, I really think they are going to be pulled together.
Whilst I still didn't like this episode as much as the first one due to the lack of comedy, I did also think that maybe there were hints that it could get a bit more interesting as far as a story goes. If they do that "properly" and also keep the humor up, it could improve.

Stuart-says-yes said:
The most interesting part was where the girls argue over which anime was better
Haha, excellent, this is definitely one of my favorite scenes from the books, glad it translated well.

ilmaestro said:
Haha, excellent, this is definitely one of my favorite scenes from the books, glad it translated well.

Just so you know, Maes, I have the persistence of a cockroach and will not stop until your loli-loving **** stops acting like a woman. Quoting someone else about the same thing I just mentioned makes you too obvious.

I never give in and you'll crack, eventually. Playing blind works not with my kind of idiocy.

Stuart-says-yes said:
The most interesting part was where the girls argue over which anime was better, the anime that the gothic lolita girl liked seemed a bit like mock code geass, but that could just be me because I'm code geass in the head.
A bit like, lol. One of it's two characters is a fairly straight copy of zero, like Meruru is obviously a Doremi clone.

There's already adaption differences between all 3 versions by now. Think the manga might be better for this ep, mush as I dislike it's art.

Stuart-says-yes said:
Milky Holmes...

...The name of the show is pretty terrible
:( I sing made up songs with the title as the main lyric, it's that awesome.

The loss of powers if a fine plot point but not to start off a show
I kind of thought the same at first. I can see how they are trying to make it work, but yeah, a little bit of an odd choice.

td;rl Its most likely the worst show of the season, having actually sat through it, I deserve my 20 minutes of time back right?
Wow, no. I don't much expect (or recommend) that you watch the first episode of Togainu no Chi, but seriously, Milky Holmes is way, way better than Iron Man, for example, if only for how bizarre and funny it is.

Tell me, 74 and Org, do my ramblings not inspire you to just, y'know, update your lists on MAL instead of posting episode numbers? You people never learn, I swear...

Oreimo ep 2 - gah, my heart is virtually bursting out of my chest with excitement when this show is on. I really didn't even hope that they would capture it this well. They even added in a totally epic line with the "Chuu-chuu Queen" crack. Probably going to make an extremely rare exception by my standards, and find time to re-watch the episode before next week's airs.

That-Bastard-Bad-Guy-Aion said:
Tell me, 74 and Org, do my ramblings not inspire you to just, y'know, update your lists on MAL instead of posting episode numbers? You people never learn, I swear...

...er,.. they don't but what's MAL anyway?

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Orgun said:

...er,.. they don't but what's MAL anyway?

Think of it as a pokédex of anime. Or a viewing journal. But I think the first description is cooler.

http://myanimelist.net/panel.php

OK, I've had a look (thanks Sparrowsabre7)...so what is the point of this thread supposed to be?

Well it can be just to post the episodes you've seen, but it's obviously better to comment briefly on what you saw, your thoughts etc. The Anime out of 10 thread is more for thoughts on a whole series or what have you =)

Dragonball Z Kai Episode 23

Why don't I use MAL? Can't be bothered. I would need to list around 15 years of anime films/shows/ovas that I have watched and it's too much hassle. I would rather use the time to do something else.

mangaman74 said:
Dragonball Z Kai Episode 23

Why don't I use MAL? Can't be bothered. I would need to list around 15 years of anime films/shows/ovas that I have watched and it's too much hassle. I would rather use the time to do something else.

I have to totally agree there, I think I'll just stick to what I've been doing for now.

Linebarrels of Iron - Episodes 9 & 10

I do have to ask why post just the episodes you've seen though. I'm not sure I understand the purpose, besides upping your post count. And if you wanted a record of what you've seen looking back through the journal through the myriad of other posts has got to be a chore.

I'm not criticizing but I've got to know why you do it?

Sparrowsabre7 said:
I do have to ask why post just the episodes you've seen though. I'm not sure I understand the purpose, besides upping your post count. And if you wanted a record of what you've seen looking back through the journal through the myriad of other posts has got to be a chore.

I'm not criticizing but I've got to know why you do it?

Not that I need to justify myself to you but I was just doing what tens if not hundreds of other forum users on this thread were doing - by posting the anime they watched as they watched it - the thread topic is titled 'Your Viewing Journal' if it isn't for users to post what they have been watching then might as well close it.

As Stuart-says-yes says, it is interesting to see who is watching what, which does promote other dicussions about a particular anime, and how much anime people are actually watching.

Back