Your viewing journal

Orgun said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
I do have to ask why post just the episodes you've seen though. I'm not sure I understand the purpose, besides upping your post count. And if you wanted a record of what you've seen looking back through the journal through the myriad of other posts has got to be a chore.

I'm not criticizing but I've got to know why you do it?

Not that I need to justify myself to you but I was just doing what tens if not hundreds of other forum users on this thread were doing - by posting the anime they watched as they watched it - the thread topic is titled 'Your Viewing Journal' if it isn't for users to post what they have been watching then might as well close it.

Wow, chill out I was only asking =/ And I'm not saying you shouldn't I just think it would be better if people also briefly commented on what they were watching too, which would be even better at promoting discussion =)[/b]

In fairness to Orgun, when I asked him for some thoughts about EVA 2.22, he was happy to oblige. I'm sure a lot of people would be the same if you spot something that they are watching that is of particular interest to you.

ilmaestro said:
In fairness to Orgun, when I asked him for some thoughts about EVA 2.22, he was happy to oblige. I'm sure a lot of people would be the same if you spot something that they are watching that is of particular interest to you.

I wasn't attacking him =S I was just curious as to why he (and not just he, but he was the latest to do so) only posted the name and episodes of what was watched. I have the answer now, I wasn't trying to turn this into a conflict or anything.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
ilmaestro said:

I wasn't attacking him =S
I wasn't saying you were. Just pointing out that, if you want the discussion, it is there. I'm very much on your side of the "what this thread is best used for" question.

ilmaestro said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
ilmaestro said:

I wasn't saying you were. Just pointing out that, if you want the discussion, it is there. I'm very much on your side of the "what this thread is best used for" question.

Mkay, sorry. I get pressured easily XP the "in fairness" comments generally seem to crop up in rather more angry circumstances in my other frequented forums so I just jumped to that conclusion.

As long as people post some info on their opinions on what they've just watched the thread can be a fun read. If they literally JUST post the episodes they've watched then, yeah, it's dull. I still think it should stick around for those who actually use it in a fun way.

That-Bastard-Bad-Guy-Aion said:
Rescue Wings - 8

This is fun, 'innit?

"I don't like with this thread, so I'll make fun of the people who do!" Mmmm... mature.

Can we change it to Jayme's Viewing Journal?

I've actually been watching Toradora (on ep 10) and I loooove it. I haven't found an anime this genuinely charming, since, well, Lovely Complex. I find everyone intriguing and when it appears to be going one way, it subverts the story and that just makes me happy. I might have to rethink my indifference towards JC Staff.

Catch up tyme:

MM! episode 2 - Called it my worst starting episode of the fall 2010 season, however this episode was a defo improvement, seems to go on a drama route kind of like Ookami-san did and with some laughs and decent character development, its given me a reason to like it.

Fortune Arterial episode 1 - With the unoriginal Harem opening, nothing seems terriblly exciting about this however it did get better by the end, they get the vampire thing right.

Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge episode 1 - Really do i need to say anything about this, its the same good old series as the first and I wouldn't have it any other way. ^^

Ore no Imouto episode 2 - This is developing better than I was expecting, how you can feel so uncomfotable when you finally talk to someone so passionate about anime. Excellent stuff. (Oh and I cannot get enough of the ska soundtrack in the background)

Bakuman episode 2 - Listening to the OP again reminds me of 80's pop music (or is it just me). Again it stay true to the manga and does it very well so glad when Moritaka runs to his uncles studio, that was done very well ^^.

Panty & Stocking episode 2 - Finally, Panty & Stocking is still wacky as ever but thats all i can say about it, more of the same madness as the last episode.

Thats all I can remeber watching so far Ironman and Sora are on my list next, is Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru worth a look into may I ask?

Last edited by a moderator:
ilmaestro said:
I can only assume that you haven't watched any of their shows, yes? ^^;
Not too much. I absolutely loathed Shana, didn't care for their Hayate, Maid-Sama annoyed me and Index was boring. I just had a bad streak (imo, of course) with them. On the flipside, I like what I've seen of Utena and want to see Honey and Clover.

ColdCobra said:
"I don't like with this thread, so I'll make fun of the people who do!" Mmmm... mature.

Until you're man enough to discard your boyish loves, talk to the text. Anyone with Dragon Ball AND Bleach as favourites (+ Hellsing affection) needs to rethink their own maturity before commenting on my Gankutsuou-loving self.

Also, I was merely attempting to get into the spirit of this thread and ignite a discussion by typing the series + episode number. I'm far too intelligent to lower myself to the level of baiting others.

Shigofumi: 1-13 + Picture Dramas 1-7
Rescue Wings: 9-13

Jayme said:
ilmaestro said:
I can only assume that you haven't watched any of their shows, yes? ^^;
Not too much. I absolutely loathed Shana, didn't care for their Hayate, Maid-Sama annoyed me and Index was boring. I just had a bad streak (imo, of course) with them. On the flipside, I like what I've seen of Utena and want to see Honey and Clover.
Shana I can sort of understand, Hayate you're just mental, Maid-sama I'm just guessing but it was probably more to do with the original work than anything J.C.Staff did or didn't do, Index you're just mental.

I hope this has helped you to see where you were going wrong. :p

But seriously, Utena, AzuDai, ROD The TV, Nodame, Toradora!, Taisho Yakyuu Musume, Railgun, Bakuman from this season... they consistently put out some of the best work of any animation house.

It is completely illogical (re: Hayate) but I think I simply preferred the more episodic approach to it all. The characters were fresher, even if there were a few dud episodes, I enjoyed it a lot. When it became arc-y in S2, zero blame probably falls to JC Staff, I just lost interest. I still liked some of the characters, but... it didn't grip me.

You probably wouldn't be completely off saying that it was my state-of-mind at the time though. ;p

ilmaestro said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
ilmaestro said:

Thanks for backing me up ilmaestro.

Sparrowsabre7, sorry I overreacted but I do get fed up with people suddenly getting difficult on forums. If you had looked at some of my previous posts you would've have seen that I do comment occaisionally on what I have watched on a particular episode etc., it's just that I don't feel the need to do so everytime (and it would appear that many people feel the same way), as ilmaestro said the discussion is there if you want it.

Back