Your viewing journal

Just completed 07 Ghosts today and started Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040.

07 Ghosts is a good series, but the art reminds me or CLAMP quite a lot. In this first season a lot is started, but nothing is really concluded. From some discussions on the internet, I've read that Deen is waiting for more content to be available before trying to start season 2. Without a second season, I'm still unsure how to rate this.

Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 is a re-watch for me. Great series, will comment further after completing it.

Darker Than Black Gaiden 01 - For those wondering, this is the OVA series taking place between the first and second seasons. This was a wonder to watch, the relationship between Hei and Yin is great to watch, the music works well and the battles where very nice to watch too, but still, it was quite obviously centered on Hei and Yin, and it did it very well. I'm looking forward to the next OVA which i expect will be released in the next couple of months.

Gundam Unicorn 1 - I guess its quite easily one of the most anticipated series to get released in recent months and it does not fail to impress. This is one spectacle that needs to be watched if you are a Gundam fan. There was a lot of hype going for this, as was to be expected, but it lived up to it, and then some. Characters where great, music was awesome, animation was gorgeous..i really don't see me faulting it much in any way. I recommend you go watch it as soon as you can.

Gundam Unicorn episode 1 Day of the Unicorn

Been waiting for this and it didn't disappoint (well apart from the fact i have to wait till autumn for the next episode). A fantastic start to the series.

Although I do wish i hadn't spoiled some things from this series for myself when it was first announced...

Have we heard any more about the release of Gundam Unicorn? It's apparently out on the 12th of March in the US and Japan, it was supposed to be a simultaneous worldwide release, wasn't it? It doesn't seem to be up to order from any UK retailers...

ayase said:
Have we heard any more about the release of Gundam Unicorn? It's apparently out on the 12th of March in the US and Japan, it was supposed to be a simultaneous worldwide release, wasn't it? It doesn't seem to be up to order from any UK retailers...

There is some info about it on Beez's website but that's about it from what i've seen, when they say worldwide they obviously meant everywhere except UK

I can only assume (re: Unicorn) that we are getting >1 episode per disc or something and that was the difference Andrew mentioned when he talked about the UK edition. Not knowing (and not knowing whether it will be region locked) means I just haven't bought any version and kind of stalled, so I hope something is revealed soon.

Watching Hell Girl at the moment after watching an early episode years ago when it was aired and finally getting the DVDs in January. Love.

R

Golgo 13, ep 7

Golgo travels to London, where he takes on a contract to shoot the one of the strings off a violin during a concert. Sadly this does not result in an epic Nodame Cantabile crossover, but it was an amusing episode nevertheless.

Fist of the North Star, ep 34

I've been considering dropping this, or at least taking a break, as the most recent couple of plot arcs weren't as entertaining as Ken's original search for Shin, but someone in accounts must have picked the winning horse as the animation quality seems to have improved quite visibly in this episode. Unfortunately, Ken seems to be getting a bit more vindictive in the punishments he dishes out to people, but seeing him carrying around a small henchman stuck on the end of a pole to guide him to the next boss's hideout was quite amusing.

Rui said:
I can only assume (re: Unicorn) that we are getting >1 episode per disc or something and that was the difference Andrew mentioned when he talked about the UK edition. Not knowing (and not knowing whether it will be region locked) means I just haven't bought any version and kind of stalled, so I hope something is revealed soon.

Watching Hell Girl at the moment after watching an early episode years ago when it was aired and finally getting the DVDs in January. Love.

R

Basically, its only a series of 6 OVAs, so it will probably get released in the same style as Hellsing Ultimate. However if it doesn't get a Blu-Ray release here on the 12th like in the US, then i will be wondering why we are getting left out. Worldwide does mean everyone after all...

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam 5-6 - Starting to get into this properly now. Kamille is a decent enough Protagonist i will say, not overly emotional, but enough to seem human(after what's happened till now, it only makes sense). His characters progression will be one to watch. Emma, Quattro(i wonder who he is.....) and co all will be others to keep an eye on too.

Fairy Tail 8-9 - Started a bit of a catch up with this, 8 finished one of the first arcs and it did so very nicely, then 9 went with one of the omake chapters...which was a bit meh. I'm hoping that the canned animations become more infrequent as i go along, but i won't hold me breath

My thoughts on the first five episodes of Noir, taken directly from my MAL list--which I post single paragraph reviews on since I suck at proper reviews. :D

"Ugh. There's only so much slow speech, staring, repeated zooming into faces and general boredom I can handle. When the first episode flashbacks to what happened a few minutes before, it ain't good..."

The first episode started things off in retarded fashion, with an assassin traveling from France to Japan because a school girl sent her a cryptic message and music SOMEHOW started playing when the French killer lady was walking away from her laptop. And it only got worse later in the episode when the school girl ran into a large building that was being constructed; the French chick then imitating a gymnast inside for no apparent reason.

Even the soundtrack hasn't been great - there hasn't been one memorable track (so, yeah - you aren't so dumb, Ayarse). It seems like it's popular only because it properly introduced Kajiura to the world. And, ignoring the soundtrack proper, the OP was done by the horrendous Ali-whatever group that managed to make a career out of recording a lot of headache inducing noise.

I don't think I'll survive until the end...

Also, until I get around to/if I do a Witchblade review that everyone will ignore/-1 for the lulz, here's my MAL list paragraph:

"If there's one title that gives the totally wrong impression because of its title and cover art, Witchblade is it. I expected tasteless fan-service and mindless violence, I got a heartfelt 'mother and daughter' story. Go figure..."

Back