Your viewing journal

Colorful. Pantie shots and perverts. Feels more like a silly American animation rather than an anime.

IRIA. Not a bad space bounty hunter thing with a monster chase. But even at only 6 episodes the story felt dragged out.

Episodes 15 and 16 of Kurau Phantom Memory... twice. I sobbed like a little gir... I mean Doctor Amami, and in my emotional state sent it straight to the top of my favourites. Nothing has had that effect on me for a long time. Even if it simply proved to me I'm not dead inside then it deserves my thanks.

Dracos said:
Colorful. Pantie shots and perverts. Feels more like a silly American animation rather than an anime.

well done for getting the corn of the **** (rather then the cream of the crop)

Anyhow, guess I'm accounted for watching the first season of Shana, will watch some railgun later, since I'm behind on that.

ayase said:
Episodes 15 and 16 of Kurau Phantom Memory... twice. I sobbed like a little gir... I mean Doctor Amami, and in my emotional state sent it straight to the top of my favourites. Nothing has had that effect on me for a long time. Even if it simply proved to me I'm not dead inside then it deserves my thanks.
Wow. I had no idea that you'd enjoy Kurau that much. I'm trying to think back to episodes 15 and 16 but my mind's drawing a blank. Well it has been about a month. These days I can't be expected to retain information for any longer than 24 hours...

The ones with Yvon wanting Christmas to be his pair, fighting Kurau, attempting suicide, being rescued by Jessica, them bonding with each other deeply, and then Yvon being captured and Jessica being killed. And this after we learn that Yvon lost his pair because he was confined and unable to save them. The emotional roller coaster went: frightening, sad, depressing, sad, happy, euphoric, frightening, maddening.

Here we go, this is the one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah, I remember now (not that I forgot the story arc itself, of course, just the corresponding episode numbers). It's testament to the quality of writing that I could feel so much for characters who hadn't been around for very long. Doubly so given that Yvon was not terribly likeable at first.

I sympathised with Yvon from the start, I think it's the unrequited love thing. Which was why it was happy when he found someone. And so utterly crushing when he lost them as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you still watching the dub? It might have been his dub voice that irritated me. They almost always use women to voice young boys, and I almost always hate it. The Japanese pull it off much easier, I reckon.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Are you still watching the dub? It might have been his dub voice that irritated me. They almost always use women to voice young boys, and I almost always hate it. The Japanese pull it off much easier, I reckon.
Still watching the dub. I guess he was androgynous enough for me not to mind. ;)

Dual Parallel Trouble Adventure. You can definitely see the Tenchi influence coming through in the character designs. The the show is its own thing. With dimension jumping, giant robots and a pseudo-war going on where attacks are broadcast before they occur.

Completed Nyan Koi! over the period of the last two nights. Very easy anime to watch. Basically your standard romcom harem with fantasy and magic elements. With only 12 episodes too it's one to get under your belt.
Before that I completed Bubblegum Crisis 2040 (90's version). I was ment to be watching the 80's version of Bubblegum but with me not being aware of a remake, I assumed the one I got was the original. Wasn't disappointed like, great series. And, if anything, it has made me look forward to the original even more so.
:thumb:

Back