Your viewing journal

Nyan Koi! 12 (final) - pretty good ep, it said there wasn't going to be a season 2 in the anime itself, but I'm not too sure tbh.

Kampfer 12 (final) - thank god it's over, I didn't like it from the beginning, I wasn't too sure if I found the female Natsuru fanservice sexy or offputting .___. so it made me confused a bit rofl.

Seitokai no Ichizon 11 - Shock at the ending!

I got myself some Rusters microwavable sandwiches, Sensations crackers (Peking rib flavor), Chocolate Browie flavored milkshake, some mini muffins and some Rolo cookies and watched the following:

Kimi ni Todoke 11
Kampfer 12
Umineko 25
Kiddy GiRL-AND 10
Railgun 12

It was as good a two-and-a-half hours of anime watching as I've done in a while. ^_^ Some seriously awesome eps, especially Kimi ni Todoke 11 and Railgun 12.

Seto no Hanayome episodes 24-26

the final episode has to be one of the msot epic things i have seen in ages, it had me laughing but it was also serious as well

Seiken no Blacksmith 12

This was a series that was well worth watching. A real shame it was just down for 12 eps for the moment, hopefully a second season won't be too long in coming.

Ryo Chan said:
Olio8O said:
just started watching Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Kai, upto eps 5

scarily i did exactly the same

and my head hurts from it

Weird! I liked the opening episode, it really set the mystery tone, but didn't really like the first arc. The second arc, Massacre Chapter, is excellent though!

i find it funny how it can trick the audience into thinking that the show (assuming they don't know a thing about it beforehand) would be some sort of School Comedy with maybe a bit of Romance thrown in, and then settles in with the whole Shrine God's Curse business :)

memorium said:
i find it funny how it can trick the audience into thinking that the show (assuming they don't know a thing about it beforehand) would be some sort of School Comedy with maybe a bit of Romance thrown in, and then settles in with the whole Shrine God's Curse business :)
Only if the audience missed the 30 second prologue to episode 1 which features Keiichi beating people to death with a baseball bat. ;)

ayase said:
memorium said:
Only if the audience missed the 30 second prologue to episode 1 which features Keiichi beating people to death with a baseball bat. ;)
damn i forgot about that bit, but ah well :lol:

the best thing you can do when watching When They Cry is to come at it completely fresh - if you are thinking of importing it, don't read anything about it, its so much better if you aren't spoiled before watching it. It makes all the darker bits that much more surprising...

El Cazador De La Bruja. A nice show in the same girls with guns line as Noir and Madlax. I however think Noir is the better show of the three. El Cazador has its moments. Ellis is a bit too naïve at times, but it also has a great truly creepy character in L.A. The only real problem I found was that the ending was a bit of an anticlimax.

Spent like four days trying to watch New Dominion Tank Police, every time I'm about to watch it something always came up or I was too tired. Started off rather well for me, but by the end it was just another revenge story, still a good watch regardless.

Also 3/4 into Dallos the first ever OVA directed by Mamoru Oshii... not as bad some made out, but still very lifeless, none of the characters or plot move me at all, music is nice and cheesy, animation quality is good too.

Watched the first 7 episodes of Bubble Crisis 2040. It's the 1998 release and i had been planning on watching the 1987 release.
But I got the wromg one. :oops:
Still good so far like.

Voddas said:
Watched the first 7 episodes of Bubble Crisis 2040. It's the 1998 release and i had been planning on watching the 1987 release.
But I got the wromg one. :oops:
Still good so far like.
Care to tell me what's the difference between them?
BCT 2040 is a series I want to own. I've seen it a long while ago now.

chaos said:
Care to tell me what's the difference between them?
Bubblegum Crisis (the 80s version) is good.

Okay, the character designs are infinfitely better, the design is infinitely better, the music is infinitey better, etc. BGC 2040 has a more expansive and ambitious story, but I don't remember it being very interesting.

Back