Your viewing journal

Angels Feather - 1, I'm glad there are only 2... as it seems to be shounen ai, not my thing, other girls confuse me... I -can't- be the only girl not into that right? Someone? Cause I've yet to find another female into anime who is the same. >_<

Wathed Detrot Metal City in one sitting the other night. 12 short (10 min) episodes went by like a flash. Funny and very easy to watch.
:thumb:

Kurau: Phantom Memory 5-12

What I love about this series is how warm and natural relationship between Kurau and Christmas is. And though it's often emotional, not once have I felt that the writers were deliberately tugging at the heartstrings. A testament to the good writing is that Christmas is a cute, energetic 12 or 13 year-old girl, and yet somehow I don't hate her with every fiber of my being. She is, in fact, quite adorable o_O

Kurau, for her part, is still gender neutral, which should please at least one forumite.

You enjoy teasing me about this don't you? :p

::has no witty retort since he has no dirt on Fabio's preferences::

Good to know it's progressing well though. Likeable characters are always a big plus, as are character traits not being undermined (I did get your intended message ;) ). The more I read about Kurau the more I'm looking forward to watching it.

Finished Detroit Metal City today, Krauser-tan was hilarious.

Now I need to get the last arc of Mononoke done and finish off Angel Links then catch up with the current running series.

Naisho no Tsubomi .... I seem to have stumbled upon the exact opposite of what I like. :p (This is loaded with pregnancy, babies, little girls getting their first period and being confused, etc. Right now they're looking at one of those scarey scan thingies. I can't remember what they're called as it dosn't interest me :p)

...aand now they're in sex ed. "i didn't know... a boys penis isn't used only to pee"

Evangelion 1.01 It's Eva.

Polyphonica. A better series than I was expecting, but it does not seem to do a whole lot. May be worth a second season now the characters are set up.

ilmaestro said:
What did you think of CANAAN, mono?

I really enjoyed it maestro :)

The fight scenes were awesome especially Canaan and Alphard's fight at the end and the ending was nice :).
Some of the scenes really had me laughing :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Good, I really enjoyed it too, have heard some people complaining a bit about it.

The fight scenes really were that good, some of the animation at times was fantastic.

My favorite scene was when Cummings kills Liang Qi. Thought everything about it was brilliant. Also, when Hakko has to kill Santana. And, of course, every scene with the Taxi Driver in. :D

ilmaestro said:
Good, I really enjoyed it too, have heard some people complaining a bit about it.

The fight scenes really were that good, some of the animation at times was fantastic.

My favorite scene was when Cummings kills Liang Qi. Thought everything about it was brilliant. Also, when Hakko has to kill Santana. And, of course, every scene with the Taxi Driver in. :D

My favourite scene is when Maria meets Yun Yun and convinces her to live. The scenes with the Taxi Driver are awesome as well especially the scene when he gets the taxi on top of a roof :lol:

Yep, another very nice scene that first one you mention. :)

liam: it's all good, my man, it's allll good. Ep 11 takes it to another level of comedy (if not fanservice), too.

Also just watched ep 9 of Kiddy Girl-and - to quote the greatest film ever made "**** just got real".

Honey & Clover 1-12

Honey & Clover is a slice-of-life romance about five art students (three boys, two girls) and a teacher. The drama centres around the uncertainty they feel about their paths in life and two complicated love triangles. But it's not all dramatic; the show jumps schizophrenically between serious and downright silly, with the "humour" mostly consisting of people shouting. There rarely seems to be a middle ground.

There's a lack of direction to the plot that, I suppose, mirrors the lives of the characters. The lack of a solid dramatic arc makes the show easy to watch, but hard for me to feel invested in the lives of the characters--most of whom just aren't that interesting. The worst is Hagu, an incredibly talented artist who rarely speaks and who looks and acts like a ten year-old. And two of the male characters fall in love with her. Does. Not. Compute.

The first 12 episodes take place over a span of two years, and if not for the change in scenery and certain events taking place, you wouldn't know any time has passed at all. One episode it's summer, a couple more and it's Christmas. And there's another Christmas later in the set! The most frustrating thing about this is how little the characters have changed in those two years. They internalize everything and it's maddening. At least with Maison Ikkoku there was an implicit understanding between the two leads that their feelings were mutual.

But the series must have done something right for me to feel strongly enough to want to express my thoughts. Apparently the second half is much better, so I'll probably get around to buying that at some point.

I made a start on the Tower Of Druaga I have seen it subbed previously. So as I was in a bit of a lazy mood last night I chucked it in as it is one of the few new dubbed things in my pile. I must say the dub really is rather good even though it has many of the usual names.

ilmaestro said:
Yep, another very nice scene that first one you mention. :)

liam: it's all good, my man, it's allll good. Ep 11 takes it to another level of comedy (if not fanservice), too.

I've prefered episode 11 to the rest, probably because it had some action this time rofl.

I wonder if the next episode will explain why Kaede's a Moderator

Back