Your viewing journal

chaos said:
Care to tell me what's the difference between them?
BCT 2040 is a series I want to own. I've seen it a long while ago now.
I haven't seen either version to be honest. This is my first taste of Bubblegum however I hear they are similar in story and only differ in animation, appearance, music etc. Guess they thought they'd update it.
Please correct me (anyone) if I'm mistaken like.

Ikki Tousen Dragon Destiny Volume 1. Okay so if you have not watched the first series you will probably have no idea what is going on as it is pretty much a straight follow on. So many characters are added or brought back in these episodes it is really difficult to keep track and unlike the first series they don't tell you whose spirits they are supposed to have or what their history was in the Three Kingdoms. The fights so far don't seem too exciting with many concluded through a cut away and sound effect. Also it seems to rely on T and A far beyond the first series including so over the top nipple action in the closing animation. I am not going to say it is a bad show until I have seen it all, but at the moment I don't think it will hold up to the first series.

Those Who Hunt Elves II episodes 1-6

I quite enjoyed the first series in spite of it being a fairly standard fantasy comedy, but I'm not liking this one so much, and I can't put my finger on why. The first episode, which was about meathead Junpei wanting to take a dump but not being able to find any toilet paper, was genuinely funny. But I struggled to pay attention during the others and I'm actually having difficulty recalling what happened. Quite literally forgettable stuff.

Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Purezza 12

The ending was really bad, infact the season as a whole was horrible compared to the first season.

Needed less fanservice and more...charm, and the producers denied us fans the kiss...again >_>

I watched some anime for the first time in a while last night. Specifically, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time which dragged on a bit in parts but was nonetheless fantastic with a wonderful twist at the end. Also finished watching season 2 of Legend of the Galactic Heroes which finally got interesting again after about 5 episodes of boring battles. LotGH's real strength is in the politics and the characters of the series, so it's best when the focus is on those things and not drawn-out space battles.

Darker Than Black 11-14

Decided to watch the second double-disc edition before the third arrives. The first story (11-12) is probably my least favourite of the series thus far, a mystery devoid of much tension and with an underwhelming conclusion. Some hints of Hei's past are revealed but that's about it. The next (13 & 14) centres around Yin, revealing her backstory and showing her struggle to feel the emotions she once had. This one I found incredibly moving and it might be my favourite of the series thus far.

The show continues to entertain and intrigue without quite living up to its potential. I look forward to finishing it up soon.

I've watched quite a few things since I've last posted in this thread.

Urusei Yatsura - 5/10
I know Rumiko Takahashi is repetitive, but UY was way beyond what expected and actually wanted to endure. I've pressed on, expecting it to get better, but well, it didn't.

3x3 Eyes - 8/10
A great fantasy show about a girl sanjyan (3 eyed demons) and her immortal wu (slave). The OVA's covers the first 3 or 4 volumes of the 40 volumes manga.

Lupin Movies - Lupin don't disappoint, even the Dragon of doom, which I rate lower than the other, is good fun and a nice way to spend a couple hours.

Voyage to Danger - 8/10
Dragon of Doom - 6~7/10
The pursuit of Harimao's treasure - 7/10
The secret of the Twilight Gemini - 8/10
Dead or Alive - 9/10

The mysterious cities of gold - 7/10
Wanted to see what the fuss was al about this one. It's a good retro series, very enjoyable, very gripping.

Yeah, Tenjho Tenge is bloody, and I really liked the opening theme when I watched it.

I've watched in the past day,

Strait Jacket
New Fist Of The North Star - 1, and
Darker Than Black - 1-5.

Back