Your viewing journal

Tetsuwan Birdy Decode (completed)
Toradora! (completed)
Flight of Dragons (classic)
Soul Eater ep1-6
School Rumble ep1-14

Visit the anime rankng thread for more details. ;)

Watched a few things lately.

Strawberry Panic. I am really not quite sure what to think about this show as it is a yuri but unlike most of the yuri I have seen this is actually quite a serious show with some comedy moments.

His And Hers Circumstances. A nice good quality school rom/com, but like many shows lacks a satisfactory ending. Probably set up to get people to read the manga.

Lucky Star OVA. Not bad, more Lucky Star. Does however miss a dub.

Ufo Ultramaiden Valkyrie. Seasons 3 & 4. OVA fare. More fun with the old and some new characters. I would liked to have seen more and have them finish the show properly.

Bleach The Diamond Dust Rebellion. Not bad for a long series movie tie-in, and certainly better than the first movie.

Sin. Cyberpunk movie about drug created super soldier tests mutating into monsters. Not amazingly bad, but quite forgettable. The music is good (in fact as I got a cheap SE with the CD I am listening to the CD now).

Ruin Explores. Comedy fantasy along the same lines as Slayers or Sorcerer Hunters. Not as good as those shows, but worth a watch if you like comedy fantasy shows.

Gasaraki. Not a bad show and quite entertaining, but I don't know if it knew what it really wanted to be. Not enough mecha to be a mecha show, not enough occult/supernatural to be a supernatural show and not enough political intrigue to be a political drama. Overall it did bits of everything quite well, but for me did not quite gel everything together.

Nana box set 1. For me this is easily the best of the things I watched recently and I really don't think I would have been happy with myself if I had not bought it like I so nearly did. A nice slice of life show so far (although I get the feeling the happy feeling might not last) with likeable characters. Nana K seems nice and quite naive to start with, but after several episodes we find out she is a bit of a clueless slut. Nana O appears like a streetwise punk (which she is after a crap childhood), but she is smarter than she lets on with a kind side and a reasonable plan for herself. Both sets of friends are quite cool and as a group would probably match up better with Nana O than Nana K.

GTO. Nice solid comedy show with a few serious bits like the last episode. I am not sure about the changes in animation style at times usually done to try and extenuate some comedy moment. Overall I enjoyed it very much and would like to see some more.

ilmaestro said:
Lupus said:
FMA: Brotherhood 24

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. Damn it, BONES, why do you do this?
What did they do here? Unless it's also Envy's true form you're talking about here.
Yeah, it was garbage and the majority are eating it up.

Then again the majority have never read the manga which makes it even WORSE.

Planned to watch Gundam WING over the past few days but haven't had the chance, always been out with some friends, I did watch the Letter Bee OVA yesterday, it's times like this I wish a few Shounen series could stay the way they were and keep doing the same job over and over, but as it progresses they slowly get worse. Got a lot of D.Gray-man vibes from it, so I think watching the OVA will be a one-time deal and won't bother with the anime.

Last edited by a moderator:
watched some anime while sick at home:
Ghost hunt
Negima!?
Rahxephon
Freedom
And watching Stellvia now.

Stellvia is surprisingly good.

Negima!? was ok-ish

Freedom is great. Amazing they only did that to promote cup noodles.

And now I understand why some people say that Rahxephon is Eva done right. It's a really great series.

Lupus said:
Got a lot of D.Gray-man vibes from it, so I think watching the OVA will be a one-time deal and won't bother with the anime.
You didn't like D.Gray-man? First time I've heard someone say that. ^^' What made you dislike it?

Over the last two days I finished Macross Plus and began Mahoromatic. The former, although reasonably mature and proficient in score, doesn't quite satisfy to the extent the original Macross does.

chaos said:
Stellvia is surprisingly good
\o/

I freaking love Stellvia, think it is a massively under-appreciated show, glad to hear about someone else enjoying it.

/has a thing for Akira

Lupus: hmm, well that does suck. Haven't watched up to current with the anime since I decided to buy it, but I have read the manga and yeah that is disappointing to hear.

ilmaestro said:
chaos said:
\o/

I freaking love Stellvia, think it is a massively under-appreciated show, glad to hear about someone else enjoying it.

/has a thing for Akira

Lupus: hmm, well that does suck. Haven't watched up to current with the anime since I decided to buy it, but I have read the manga and yeah that is disappointing to hear.

Watched Stellvia back when it was first released. Very good show.

ilmaestro said:
chaos said:
\o/

/has a thing for Akira

Completed Stellvia yesterday and I was impressed with the show. It's a lot better than I expected.

Akira? Never paid too much attention to her, but most characters there were very likeable. The first half was the best part of it, while the second part started slowly, but it got good again later.

That Ayaka arc was the only bit that I thought a bit OTT. With both of them forgiving her after what she did and considering all the time Milady spent injured.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back