Your viewing journal

Next on the catch up. I didn't realise this was Autumn till I looked it up as it wasn't on my shortlist in the Autumn 2023 thread. Maybe it didn't have a date and thus not listed when I made my list. Anyway:

Pluto ep 1 (dub)
An hour episode of two halves makes it seem a bit pointless to be 1 and not 2 episodes! The first half was super intriguing, but the second was quite slow and even though the story was quite moving I kept wondering what the hell it had to do with the first half until literally the last minute of it!
The art is great and very reminiscent of Monster, which is no surprise given it's the same author, but also same character designer for the anime adaptations. Think there's a few others involved in both too.

Bartender: Glass of God episode 7 Savoy style.

Date A Live V episode 6 Spirit claimant.

KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on This Wonderful World! 3 episode 6 Thieves like us.

Mysterious Disappearances episode 6 Made maid.

The Many Sides of Voice Actor Radio episode 6 Depressing exchange.

Planet With (Rewatch) episodes 6-12 (Complete. A great series to rewatch and one I’m glad Discotek released to home media.) 4/5

Please Save my Earth
OVAs 1-3

Momokyun Sword complete series: fun series with some good character development and a few (not massively shocking) plot twists. A number of questions are left unanswered at the end, but it was never really about getting to the truth of why a peach. Lots of exposed skin from the overdeveloped female characters (most of the cast). In the end it was an enjoyable and diverting show.

Just have time to watch an episode or two of Kemono Micho before I have to go out and watch Later with Jools Holland being recorded. How I suffer.
I enjoyed Momokyun Sword too.

Kemono Michi, watch out, there's a lot of fanservice.

Attachments

• 396033.jpg
    396033.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 1
Demon Lord, Retry! complete series. How I hate it when the whole series is just an introduction. Now the long wait for season 2 to arrive. Good characters and an interesting story. Similar in some ways to Kemono Michi, where the protagonist finds himself in another world and decides to open a pet shop/hot spring, while building a harem of beautiful young maidens. Both had a lot of topless dudes, but DLT missed out on the furry action. Was the 15 rating because of the chain smoking? It's weird how strange that looks on screen now.

An Archdemon’s Dilemma: How to Love Your Elf Bride episode 8 In no position.

A Salad Bowl of Eccentrics episode 7 Bet.

Dungeon Meshi episode 20 Sauna sanctuary.

Yuru Camp△ Season 3 episode 7 Mystery feast.

Please Save my Earth OVAs 4-6 (Complete. This was pretty decent overall for a blind watch.) 3.5/5

Please Teacher!
episodes 1-10

Last edited:
An Archdemon's Dilemma: How to Love Your Elf Bride Episode 8

Delicious in Dungeon Episode 20

Urusei Yatsura (2022) 2nd Season Episode 41

Yuru Camp△ Season 3
Episode 7

Pluto ep 3 (dub)
More intrigue, although if the reveal at the end that the person behind the killing spree was a human who is an agent of the nation that lost the war turns out to be straight rather than some sort of red herring, that would be a bit boring.

A Place Further Than the Universe eps 12 & 13 (dub) (rewatch complete)
I'm suffering from dehydration again 😭
Not really much I can add to what I've already said about this show! Apart from the dub was pretty good. Still:
10/10

Astro Note Episode 7

HIGHSPEED Étoile Episode 7

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 3 Episode 55

The Irregular at Magic High School Season 3 Episode 7

The Misfit at Demon King Academy II Part 2 Episode 31

Astro Note episode 7 Chow time.

Nijiyon Animation 2 episode 7 Crepes.

That Time I Got Reincarnated As a Slime Season 3 episode 55 Broth and battle.

The Misfit of Demon King Academy II Part 2 episode 45 Only chance.

The iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors episode 7 Busy schedule.

The Irregular at Magic High School Season 3 episode 46 Dolls.

Please Teacher! episodes 11-12 & OVA (Complete. This was a series that was just frustrating to watch, with unlikeable characters and a tedious plot to boot.) 2/5

Please Twins!
episodes 1-12 & OVA (Complete. A better series overall with a slightly stronger cast.) 3/5

Polar Bear Cafe
episodes 1-8

I’m really behind on this but here is a few notable things…

Cowboy Bebop Series & Movie

I watched some of this for the first time when it streamed on 4OD or whatever the channel 4 streaming platform is called. I thought I only had seen a few episodes but I saw a lot more than I first thought. Anyway, when I first saw it, I was expecting a more sustained continuous story rather than the smaller adventures the series is comprised of and was put off.

After going back and watching it from the start, I think initially it was expectations and reality not meeting. On a second d watch, I finally got why it’s so loved. I’m probably preaching to the choir but I really loved the series and the film (a great longer adventure). The ending to the series was pitch perfect, I was left wanting more but knowing I would get it. Better to end on top.

Gundam Wing & Endless Waltz

Somehow I’ve never seen either of these. I decided to go dubbed, for some reason I knew I might find the melodrama a little corny and because of that, I’d rather ham it up with a dub than try and take it seriously with subs. I wasn’t disappointed.

I’m not sure I was supposed to find it rather humorous but I did. All of the changing allegiances and the dumb total pacifism (but both sides just murdering everyone), then Wufei’s insane… well everything (“because she’s a women… sorry what?).

Well, it probably sounds like I hated the series. In fact, I had a great time, sure it runs a little long, sure most of the story isn’t story, but it had robots fighting, tech that makes no sense (Zero system, lolz) and fake Char.

Endless Waltz, was a great way to end, sure the villain was annoying and stupid, but the animation was great and I got to see more **** explode.

Under Ninja

I watched this all in one day. I’m pretty sure I have no idea what happened, it was chill, it was violent, it was just weird. Time skips. Cats. WTF? I was very entertained. I think I might have to grab the manga at some point just to see if I can actually work out what was happening, plus this has the feel of an anime that won’t get a second series (which would be a shame) and that ending… well I would like to know more.

Back